Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Matthew Ashman
7 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

You've served me well retros.

3praua.jpg

'Retro winglets' ... don't you mean wingfences' ;)

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Timm Rehberg

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Andrew Wilson
I would like to know what we can expect in terms of DCDU and FMGC

The DCDU/CPDLC infrastructure is now added to the 19/20’s. We’ve also reconfigured some of the FMGS with updated S8 logic. More FMGC updates are planned, but these are currently running on a parallel development path to several projects at this time.
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 3
Koen Meier
24 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

The DCDU/CPDLC infrastructure is now added to the 19/20’s. We’ve also reconfigured some of the FMGS with updated S8 logic. More FMGC updates are planned, but these are currently running on a parallel development path to several projects at this time.

Fantastic but is it full S8.

Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Is there a resource somewhere that explains all the differences between S7 and S8? 

i saw this in a discord channelr regarding S8 rev of the software. few differences: MDA/DH replaced by baro and radio respectively, update at function no longer available, some UI changes in the mcdu such as different position of fix info prompt etc. Magenta donut is replaced by a green one, V/DEV also green. Let's not forget that the runway & approach identifier is shown on the ND instead of the generic ILS APP/ RNV APP... for e.g. ILS21Z. and in S8 flight directors dont go off at MDA in NPAs, instead they revert to HDG and V/S. 

regarding the validity of the copied information i dont know.

David Norfolk

Man, I cannot wait to see previews of this beauty. Will the 320 & 321 release together or will it be the normal way? Where ones released then next one couple months etc?

Koen Meier
31 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

All variants will now be S8 by default.

doestn really answer if it is partial S8 or all the S8 features which is kind of a bummer.

Andrew Wilson
Man, I cannot wait to see previews of this beauty. Will the 320 & 321 release together or will it be the normal way? Where ones released then next one couple months etc?

Our plan at this time is to offer them both (four airframes) as one expansion title. You’ll need the A321-X if you wish to fly the A321-SL.

• Like 7
Andrew Wilson
doestn really answer if it is partial S8 or all the S8 features which is kind of a bummer.

Its all the features you listed above.

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Its all the features you listed above.

Are those features S8 or S7 irl?

Edited by Koen Meier
Andrew Wilson
What about step alts?

Step alts, offsets, etp’s are all being worked on in parallel. I’m sure everyone will appreciate however, that most developers are quite ‘preoccupied’ at this time.

• Like 8
  • Haha 2
David Norfolk
20 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Our plan at this time is to offer them both (four airframes) as one expansion title. You’ll need the A321-X if you wish to fly the A321-SL.

Smashing. 

David Norfolk

Another photo to cleanse the sharklet pallet:P does anyone know what those other sharks are about? I've never seen them before

38101819186_de5f8d9665_b.jpg

40180432575_418cb1cff0_b.jpg

• Like 2
Alexander Sigg
5 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Will It be possible do deactivate the DCDU if for example the real AC doesn’t have one ? 

David Norfolk

Wonder if there will be a sharklet tag to add to my collection Kappa

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

Wonder if there will be a sharklet tag to add to my collection Kappa

I hope we can have that.

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

I hope we can have that.

@Andrew Wilson a possibility perhaps? ;) 

Andrew Wilson

1) Yes we can make the DCDU’s an option
2) We’ve put a lot of effort into the lighting - so expect all the intricate details to be simulated there.
3) I’m sure we can add a tag for the SL series

• Like 14
NilsUnger
4 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

2) We’ve put a lot of effort into the lighting - so expect all the intricate details to be simulated there.
3) I’m sure we can add a tag for the SL series emoji4.png

All good info! 

Is energy circle and procedure turns on the list? Then I remember equi time points as one of the features I would love to see. 

• Like 1
Kamil Juvat
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

3) I’m sure we can add a tag for the SL series emoji4.png

Any chance to have LED lights as an option?

David Norfolk

100% ready for some screenies 

Koen Meier
3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

100% ready for some screenies 

Isn’t it still under NDA when it comes to the update.

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

Isn’t it still under NDA when it comes to the update.

I believe so seeing as it's a new product. 

Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I believe so seeing as it's a new product. 

Well looking forward to the day the NDA is lifted for either the a320 non so equipped cpdlc or the SL one.

Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

3q05mx.jpg

How I will feel all day, every day! :O 
Don´t speak about NEO babys & the A3xx

Not so sure about the A319SL. Only a320/321 got confirmed I think.

David Norfolk
25 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

3q05mx.jpg

How I will feel all day, every day! :O 
Don´t speak about NEO babys & the A3xx

Sharks all day everyday

• Confused 1
Marc Stanford

It would be nice if they added ACJ variants as well. I'm not gonna be surprised if 10 years from now FSL models the entire A320, A330, A340, and A350 lines.

David Norfolk

Yeah I'm assuming were a while off yet. KEF will be nice!

Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Yeah I'm assuming were a while off yet. KEF will be nice!

But KEF WITH SL would be dope 

• Like 1
David Norfolk
5 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

But KEF WITH SL would be dope 

Yeah i know, Know doubt a wow air paint will be ready on release for it so you could always do the return :D

• Haha 1
David Norfolk

honestly so excited for this expansion, i remember andrew saying that with the sharks that the spoliers flip up in turbulence ( i think it was turbulance). if so, has this been modelled? i've not actually seen it on any of my airlines 320s though so isit a option? 

Edited by David Norfolk
My spelling & grammar is yet to be improved.