David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Marc Fuolega

Everybody's a comedian these days.

Marc Stanford
23 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Everybody's a comedian these days.

We all need a bit of humor, especially with what's going on these days.

• Like 2

David Norfolk
3 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

How soon are we now? ^_^

How longs a piece of string??

• Like 2

Matthew Johnston

Can't wait for this update. Great work so far guys. 

• Like 1

Andrew Wilson
10 hours ago, John Tavendale said:
May I politely inquire why it's possible for other developers to add PBR without the need for people to completely redo their liveries (For a 3rd time..)

Hi John, of course you can.

We had little choice, unfortunately. The A321 is using newer texture mapping to avoid various anomalies that we’d been asked to fix.
When we applied PBR to the (then older) A319/A320 models, these anomalies were very obvious, and so we were left with little choice but to bring these paint kits inline with the A321.

I appreciate the frustration the changes to the paint kit might cause - but the community wanted PBR, plus a number of requested fixes, and these changes were therefore necessary. Personally, I think it was the right choice - the model has never looked better than it does now with PBR in v5. I’m excited to see what our community of repainters can do with it.

• Like 8

Arunit Mukherjee

Hi Andrew, just a polite query: Is the S8 version going to debug the "adirs off, thrust not symmetric ( still maintaining the keep out zone in flight) and the Vmax problem( With autothrust   ON, speed is not limited to Vmax-5)

Stu Antonio
50 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

the model has never looked better than it does now with PBR in v5.

I though the shaders/graphics engine in v5 is the same as in v4. Why does it look better in v5? (honest question, maybe I missed that)....

• Like 1

Robin Locher

I thought in P3D V5 there are many improvements with PBR

Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

I though the shaders/graphics engine in v5 is the same as in v4. Why does it look better in v5? (honest question, maybe I missed that)....

PBR is not just only a shader thing. It the way you use it. And I guess so far, what you can see with the NGXu, its by far the best plane out there to use PBR at its best (so far!) 
And airport-wise its FlyTampa Copenhagen, using PBR at its very best usage.

So PBR is not just only shaders. Its more how you use the ability of this feature the best to YOUR textures/models.

I am excited to see what FSL has done again to the new A319/A320!

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Timm Rehberg said:

PBR is not just only a shader thing. It the way you use it. And I guess so far, what you can see with the NGXu, its by far the best plane out there to use PBR at its best (so far!) 
And airport-wise its FlyTampa Copenhagen, using PBR at its very best usage.

So PBR is not just only shaders. Its more how you use the ability of this feature the best to YOUR textures/models.

I am excited to see what FSL has done again to the new A319/A320!

I see. And this way of using bR is not possible with v4? 

Timm Rehberg
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I see. And this way of using bR is not possible with v4? 

From what I saw in the changelog, PBR has been improved in v5. I don´t know in detail how and how devs can benefit from these changes but its improved.
But as you could saw from others devs working with PBR - its hard to find a balance between the default shaders and tweaked shaders/textures people are using and so the PBR result is changing as well (at least the reflections). So its hard to find a best solution for it I guess. You can't say how much people are tweaking the sky, sun, shaders in general with EnvTex for example for tomato (not for v5 yet) and how much are using P3D v5 base (without anything tweaked).

But I am confidend FSL will make it once more - amazing for us! :) But I can also understand John - but its another topic.

• Thanks 1

David Norfolk

No one knows what it looks like in V5 apart from that screenshot they showed us. I'd imagine it will look alot nicer compared to the v4 PBR 

• Like 1

Alex Maidment

Typical I go back to work next week :(

David Norfolk
19 minutes ago, Alex Maidment said:

Typical I go back to work next week :(

What I'd do to go back to work next week....

• Like 6

Alex Maidment

it must be today :) 

Koen Meier
Just now, Alex Maidment said:

it must be today :) 

the days they have done a sunday release are countable on a hand.but who knows. 

• Like 3

K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0

I have a feeling, tomorrow will be our lucky day :D

David Norfolk
5 minutes ago, K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0 said:

Never say never!

San Lin
15 minutes ago, K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0 said:

tomorrow then tomorrow.LOL

Erik Schlijper
16 minutes ago, K_€_€_M___C_€_R_V_A_N_0 said:

One can only hope and pray to the all mighty God of flightsim!

Eamonn Jawhary

So when we get the a320 in V5 what will be your first rotation?

San Lin
1 minute ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

KSFO-KWYS.Coz I wanna try my new orbx arpt:)

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

probably some VA flight or a short test. nothing crazy

David Norfolk
3 minutes ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

HER-LGW or vise versa.

Alex Maidment

Somewhere out of EGLL, performance is amazing and been flying only from stansted or luton :)

Igor Cunha
27 minutes ago, Alex Maidment said:

Somewhere out of EGLL, performance is amazing and been flying only from stansted or luton :)

Hi Alex, just out of curiosity, which EGLL are you using on v5, Gary's or Jennasoft ?

regards,

Igor

Alex Maidment
2 minutes ago, Igor Cunha said:

Hi Alex, just out of curiosity, which EGLL are you using on v5, Gary's or Jennasoft ?

regards,

Igor

Aerosoft, jennasoft is EGKK :)

Igor Cunha
Just now, Alex Maidment said:

Aerosoft, jennasoft is EGKK :)

Right, yeah that's what I meant, sorry I thought about SimWings but typed Jennasoft.

Oh ok, I'm wondering if performance is better with UK2000's Heathrow on v5

thanks anyway

regards

Alex Maidment

Honestly aerosoft has really pulled through with there EGLL scenery, UK2000 i find is worse performing

• Like 1

Igor Cunha

Yeah I've read it has improved a lot since the original release. I personally don't mind SimWings, actually I quite like their airports it's just that I've had UK2000's since v1 a LOOONG time ago and I just got used to it, but performance DOES suck! I have a pretty good PC but that's not enough. I think a lot has to do with Gary developing his airports with old technology to be compatible with FS9, FSX etc.

I haven't yet tried any one of his new HD airports but I'll be getting Glasgow as soon as he releases. Hopefully it will be better optimized for P3D.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Igor Cunha said:

Yeah I've read it has improved a lot since the original release. I personally don't mind SimWings, actually I quite like their airports it's just that I've had UK2000's since v1 a LOOONG time ago and I just got used to it, but performance DOES suck! I have a pretty good PC but that's not enough. I think a lot has to do with Gary developing his airports with old technology to be compatible with FS9, FSX etc.

I haven't yet tried any one of his new HD airports but I'll be getting Glasgow as soon as he releases. Hopefully it will be better optimized for P3D.

Thanks again!

His HD stuff is proper good, shame Gatwick is coming out Q4 2020...it is much needed and i doubt Jennasoft are gonna upgrade theirs to v5 anytime soon 

• Like 1

Igor Cunha
21 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

His HD stuff is proper good, shame Gatwick is coming out Q4 2020...it is much needed and i doubt Jennasoft are gonna upgrade theirs to v5 anytime soon 

You're 100% right, David.

I'm not trying to tell Gary how to run his business, he clearly knows what he's doing or else he wouldn't still be around but I don't understand why he chose to work on Edinburgh, Isle of Man before doing a new version of Gatwick. You look at Gatwick on Vatsim every single night, and specially on weekends, is CRAZY! Edinburgh just got released by ORBX, Isle of Man even though nice to have, I doubt it will sell as well as a Gatwick HD, we DESPERATELY need Gatwick

regards

• Like 2

Koen Meier

Return to the update. Who is ready for the SL to fly them.

Marvin Toepfer
13 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

I'm not...v5 is killing me!

• Haha 1

David Norfolk
13 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Yeah but sharks are a way off, i'm just looking forward to having the 320 in v5/ it's been over a month since i've flown it lol

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Marvin Toepfer

<_<

Alex Maidment

Just looking forward to cloud surfing the bus :)

• Haha 1

Nathan Stringer

I said this yesterday. Boss mans sleepy, see you tomorrow.

Christian Mohr
On 5/17/2020 at 9:23 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi John, of course you can.

We had little choice, unfortunately. The A321 is using newer texture mapping to avoid various anomalies that we’d been asked to fix.
When we applied PBR to the (then older) A319/A320 models, these anomalies were very obvious, and so we were left with little choice but to bring these paint kits inline with the A321.

I appreciate the frustration the changes to the paint kit might cause - but the community wanted PBR, plus a number of requested fixes, and these changes were therefore necessary. Personally, I think it was the right choice - the model has never looked better than it does now with PBR in v5. I’m excited to see what our community of repainters can do with it.

Andrew,

can you state what has changed on the A319/A320 textures other than adding PBR? Do the A319/A320 have the same fuselage layout as the A321 (which was quite different) now? Which would be nice on one side and lots of work on the other :unsure:. I read about window frames being added similar to the A321 (if true, nice).

I really wonder what people - including the FSL team - would say if repainters would start charging for updates as well? I am sorry to say but creating these paints takes lots of time and especially the FSL A320 series is anything else but easy to paint. Many people don’t seem to see this. Personally, going through this a third time needs really to be considered ... and I feel I am not alone.

• Like 6

Matthew Webb
16 hours ago, Eamonn Jawhary said:

I'll be rotating from lying down, to sitting up for a few days.

• Haha 1

John Tavendale
29 minutes ago, Christian Mohr said:

Andrew,

can you state what has changed on the A319/A320 textures other than adding PBR? Do the A319/A320 have the same fuselage layout as the A321 (which was quite different) now? Which would be nice on one side and lots of work on the other :unsure:. I read about window frames being added similar to the A321 (if true, nice).

I really wonder what people - including the FSL team - would say if repainters would start charging for updates as well? I am sorry to say but creating these paints takes lots of time and especially the FSL A320 series is anything else but easy to paint. Many people don’t seem to see this. Personally, going through this a third time needs really to be considered ... and I feel I am not alone.

You're not alone.  It's was never enjoyable to paint to begin with.. It will be even less so considering all the work we've done in the past is basically down the drain

• Like 5

Stu Antonio
15 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

I do not want to disturb the good mood about the release date but I looks like there is a new hotfix for p3d V5 incoming. I doubt they will release the buses before this is out and tested.

https://forums.hifisimtech.com/threads/any-more-beta-updates-upcoming.12312/#post-54871

Can we v4-guys maybe already have the update for 4.5 then? Seems like v5 is getting a hotfix every 2-3 weeks now :) ... 

Alex Maidment

God damn it :) another day of waiting