David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

There will be another thread to follow with just a different title.

Not a chance we could take.  We have the weekend soon and have to think of that.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Timm Rehberg

Its just because its a great day. :P
Don´t take it too serious! :)

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Don´t take it too serious! :)

Zero chance.

• Sad 1

Timm Rehberg

A baby shark to get you back to mood? 

Boti-Baby-Shark-Plueschfigur-Baby-Hai-mi

• Haha 1

Norman Blackburn

A baby shark to get you back to mood? 

Urgh.  Next thing you will have that @David Norfolk and his Baby Yoda! :P 

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

Urgh.  Next thing you will have that @David Norfolk and his Baby Yoda! :P 

Baby yoda memes are 2019, Norman. Wake up :P

Norman Blackburn

I would but I'm dreaming of the next thread.

• Haha 1

Timm Rehberg
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

I would but I'm dreaming of the next thread.

First, the product, this thread is hyped about needs to get released.
Then the following product after sharkies needs to get announced - then you'll get the next thread to moderate :D 

Norman Blackburn

Trust me, if you saw the pictures of our C172 with a couple of large oil drums filled with fuel strapped to its wings you would self moderate.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Timm Rehberg said:

You need help 

• Haha 2

David Norfolk

Hello,

So I was thinking regarding the iPad efb thing. Are we able to reskin them? Many airlines use different ones. Even though its cosmetic it would be cool to see the Panasonic ones that easyjet use etc. 

Norman Blackburn

I was thinking maybe something like 

711XcslsMyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 14

Koen Meier

dont they have different screensizes?

Holger Teutsch

182494045_Anmerkung2020-05-14144223.thumb.jpg.9159ce1b27b65128c4a85ed8d8345a24.jpg

Guys,

obviously Norman deleted his P3D V4.5 installation (color highlight by him). So I think the new version will no longer run on P3D V4.5.

Upgrade your sim, folks!

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I was thinking maybe something like 

711XcslsMyL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

For godsake

3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

dont they have different screensizes?

Yeah but oh well 

• Like 1

David Norfolk

What you talking about? Maybe it means V5 is just his new main sim? It will run fine 4.5...

Koen Meier

it is in RED which means testing i presume? and he said he has other sims installed as well.

Alex Pugh
1 hour ago, Holger Teutsch said:

Guys,

obviously Norman deleted his P3D V4.5 installation (color highlight by him). So I think the new version will no longer run on P3D V4.5.

Upgrade your sim, folks!

Some of y'all have absolutely lost it!

Pepe Silvia | Know Your Meme

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

Norman Blackburn

The forthcoming update will work  in v4 and v5.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 3

Pascal Ad
24 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Sounds good! Thanks for that information!

Søren Dissing
2 hours ago, Holger Teutsch said:

So I think the new version will no longer run on P3D V4.5.

You're wrong:

38 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Holger Teutsch
3 hours ago, Holger Teutsch said:

182494045_Anmerkung2020-05-14144223.thumb.jpg.9159ce1b27b65128c4a85ed8d8345a24.jpg

Guys,

Upgrade your sim, folks!

As this is a hype thread I tried to make a joke out Norman's new footer and failed miserably. Just disregard.

Robert Sutherland
9 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

As this is a hype thread I tried to make a joke out Norman's new footer and failed miserably. Just disregard.

In the serious world of people impatiently waiting for the new update, jokes are not always well received... :lol:

• Like 2

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Pascal Ad said:

Sounds good! Thanks for that information!

You had better have known this already @Pascal Ad :D 

• Haha 4

David Norfolk

Heres one for the painters....imagine this on the PBR & in V5... whoever does it and does it the best I'll buy them a copy of the sharklet expansion on release ;) (if that's even allowed)

0782278.jpg

• Like 1

Koen Meier

that is one interesting airline and registration place. A short lived experience

Marc Stanford

Is the updated cockpit lighting for the SL or is it also going to be in the next update?

Karl Brooker
32 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Is the updated cockpit lighting for the SL or is it also going to be in the next update?

Er, I wasn't aware there was new cockpit lighting? The SL package with have LED lighting for landing, taxi, turnoff lights etc, and there's also an airframe option of the blocker to stop the strobes flashing into the flightdeck, but not sure about actual cockpit lighting.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Patrick Hildebrand

Would be also nice to know whether it is possible to see Strobes in wingview in SL Update?

David Norfolk
16 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Would be also nice to know whether it is possible to see Strobes in wingview in SL Update?

I would imagine so as you can see them on the sharks irl

Paul Stassen
3 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

that is one interesting airline and registration place. A short lived experience

Sure!

Andrew Wilson

Both.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Both.

Can't wait for the new update!

Paolo Basta

Andrew you seem to come out of the dungeon at night when Norman goes back in to get some rest, any good news on the updated? thanks 

Reg Paolo. 

• Haha 1

Andrew Wilson

We’re testing the release candidates for the A320 - so we’re close. It’s a fantastic update with a tremendous amount of effort from the whole team.

• Like 35
  • Thanks 7

Alexander Luzajic
Just now, Andrew Wilson said:

We’re testing the release candidates - so we’re close. It’s a fantastic update with a tremendous amount of effort from the whole team.

Hopefully soon...or I'll throw my PC out...:P....don't know what's worse..Corona or waiting for FSL...:P

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Alex Pugh
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

We’re testing the release candidates - so we’re close. It’s a fantastic update with a tremendous amount of effort from the whole team.

David Norfolk
12 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Oh boy, you've just broken this thread!. Congratulations! Very much looking forward to her in V5. Best of luck with the final phase of testing!

• Haha 1

Paolo Basta

Hope all goes well for release soon, i am sure you have all put in some great effect so well done to all the Fsl team, coz i must say since v5 was released the last few weeks haven't been very exiting, so come on Fsl you can do it you are so close :D

duartevieira
28 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

You Always bring nice information others just mess around top bloke thank you 

Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Holy Kraft mac & cheese!

Well it's nothing to get too excited about since it's not the update for the A321 yet unless the dungeon master decides to release both.

Tobias Gövert

Will we be able to install and use the A320-X parallel, in both, v4 and v5 at the same time, on the same machine?

So that we could still use the A319 und 321 on v4.5 and the 320 (once LM and ASP3D fix their CTD issues) on v5.

David Norfolk
46 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Well it's nothing to get too excited about since it's not the update for the A321 yet unless the dungeon master decides to release both.

I think you're really underestimating what this update will bring...from what we've been told this update will give you plenty to do until the A321 update. Appreciation goes along way, especially when it's free

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Mark Roberts
1 hour ago, Marc Stanford said:

Holy Kraft mac & cheese!

It sounded like the 321 wouldn’t be far behind. The 319/sharklets I think will come towards the end of June. It could happen faster but it’s probably a lot of work. 

I imagine we will get an updated timeline on what’s next etc and how that’s going once they drop the 320.

Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

I think you're really underestimating what this update will bring...from what we've been told this update will give you plenty to do until the A321 update. Appreciation goes along way, especially when it's free

I forgot to add in "to me", since the A321 us the only variant I fly. Dunno about you guys but I like the long tubeliners :D