Jump to content
David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Recommended Posts

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Basically I am just upset about v5.

This is with ActiveSky / Enhanced Atmopheric (beta) off:Df9ryBY.jpg?width=1442&height=540

This is with Enhanced Atmopheric on:

AwGDCo8.jpg?width=1442&height=534

Its a joke. I don´t expect features to be finally done but weather is absolutely a master-key point of a flight simulator.
And it seems even ActiveSky is not able to inject weather 100% into P3D yet.
I expected a better tested, finished P3D version but however: Actually, I don´t see it really ready to use for full-flight-simulation :( 

At least most addon devs gave us free updates which is glorious! Lets see where v5 ends and how much Hotfix we will get.

The whole thing is a beta. They got it out because they wanted the cash before MSFS. We all know this. Theres nothing wrong with going back to v4 or simply switching it off. It's been stated many times that's it's in beta. It is what it is. Believe you me, I wish we could of had more done to it. But its here now 

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

I know, 4.5 HF3 is still installed and working but I was really patient for v5 and some addons to be updated.. 
But is it really the "job" of customers of buying v5 and to wait until this is looking even "good" ?
Or to get something in beta? Or to report the smallest things back to LM and to wait for another HF? Why is this business changed into that?
No one ever cared about v5 until someone even leaked that v5 is "close" or so - 4.5 HF2 was nice, steady - HF3 release would have been cool. And v5 release sometimes later this year but tested, steady and good (AND with devs to be ready with updates!)

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts

Well usually when Blackbox starts streaming the new updates we are usually close. I think in the next 5-10 days we will see the A320 update drop.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

Well usually when Blackbox starts streaming the new updates we are usually close. I think in the next 5-10 days we will see the A320 update drop.

Depends on if no major issues arise like always.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
9 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

Well usually when Blackbox starts streaming the new updates we are usually close. I think in the next 5-10 days we will see the A320 update drop.

Doubt it, Johnny was streaming it weeks ago

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Alexander Luzajic
4 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I was really patient for v5 and some addons to be updated.. 

Patience...eh...yeah we don't have a choice now....we got weather and not sure why are some upset really.....I know is taste issue, but I tested last night and prefer without TS. It gives me more natural look...plus you save some vRam....

But all that circling with Mooney at 6000ft....appears that big boys have some issues launching V5 updates so we can have real picture where this journey will take us....

So far I like what I see but again....no real AC no V5 for me....

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Doubt it, Johnny was streaming it weeks ago

But Blackbox and Johnny used 4.5 HF3 :) 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Doubt it, Johnny was streaming it weeks ago

Ah okay. Didnt know he had streamed the new version. If so we may be closer than I think. Would be a fun weekend to have the PMDG 747 and FSL A320 in V5 :P

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier

Doubt it will be anytime soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Doubt it, Johnny was streaming it weeks ago

You mean the new update?

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

You mean the new update?

Yes. 

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland

Well, another developer has just made their Queen available for download. So we’re finally seeing some movement!

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Well, another developer has just made their Queen available for download. So we’re finally seeing some movement!

good luck, no one can download it & the 748 is gonna take 2 hours LOL defiantly doing a flight tonight though  

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Robert Sutherland
7 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

good luck, no one can download it & the 748 is gonna take 2 hours LOL defiantly doing a flight tonight though  

I’ve started downloading the -8 expansion, but am waiting for the main package to become available!

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Nice. Great release - no Weather radar as ActiveSky changed the path.
Its just a big meme this v5 thing...

Holy - lets get back to 4.5 HF3 finally and enjoy EVERYTHING!

It feels more and more that LM rushed the release, now devs try to adapt and update everything...
Can't wait for the new Flight Simulator :D 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Paolo Basta

I don't know what is happening, we are in the devs hands.

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Nice. Great release - no Weather radar as ActiveSky changed the path.
Its just a big meme this v5 thing...

Holy - lets get back to 4.5 HF3 finally and enjoy EVERYTHING!

It feels more and more that LM rushed the release, now devs try to adapt and update everything...
Can't wait for the new Flight Simulator :D 

Yeah they didnt let PMDG know until two days ago lol. 

Think they would want devs to help with Active Sky

Share this post


Link to post
Karl Brooker
7 hours ago, Mark Roberts said:

Yeah they didnt let PMDG know until two days ago lol. 

Think they would want devs to help with Active Sky

What? They did tell devs it was going to change as PMDG has confirmed. It’s not HiFi’s fault that PMDG were on the verge of a release. I don’t see HiFi as the bad guys here; PMDG blaming HiFi are the bad guys.

We don’t even know how much work it takes to fix. If PMDG have said they don’t know when they can get back round to it, it could be major work?

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Brian McCumiskey

I’m not a mod, but I think it would be good if we stop with the politics. I don’t want this thread being shut down. If you guys want to talk about it, PM is probably the best bet to keep this thread open. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer

hey dev reading this, im headed to bed, when I wake up and the fslabs is not released for v5 yet im gonna...... gladly keep waiting patiently ;) <3

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Andrew Wilson

HiFi have been fantastic, not just for this release but in supporting all of our releases. I think it took Lefteris ten minutes to add support for ASP3D thanks to their help.

  • Like 24

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
19 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

HiFi have been fantastic, not just for this release but in supporting all of our releases. I think it took Lefteris ten minutes to add support for ASP3D thanks to their help.

Well Lefteris is the elon musk of flight sim. (Apart from calling his kid some code name thingy)

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Mark Roberts
1 hour ago, Andrew Wilson said:

HiFi have been fantastic, not just for this release but in supporting all of our releases. I think it took Lefteris ten minutes to add support for ASP3D thanks to their help.

Well glad my favorite dev has that working. 
 

I will only fly the bus once that drops for V5

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Maidment

Don't do this to yourself :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Paolo Basta
 Andy Lefteris is a Genius if only it would take him ten minutes to release the update and the SL he would make my day :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Endrit Palushi
20 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Doubt it will be anytime soon.

You make it sound like it's not expected until christmas or something lol, it's literally the next update due from what the team have outlined.

Should be in the coming weeks and as with all FSLabs products/updates, it'll be worth the wait.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Endrit Palushi said:

You make it sound like it's not expected until christmas or something lol, it's literally the next update due from what the team have outlined.

Should be in the coming weeks and as with all FSLabs products/updates, it'll be worth the wait.

You also remove context, I give it to you that forgot to quote perhaps. In this case with soon I mean the weekend. My soon is ie next few days.

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford

So the Sharklets will have the aileron anti-droop system, what is this? does this mean the ailerons don't droop on the ground with the engines shutoff and the hydraulic systems depressurized?

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

So the Sharklets will have the aileron anti-droop system, what is this? does this mean the ailerons don't droop on the ground with the engines shutoff and the hydraulic systems depressurized?

No that means the ailerons will move up during roll out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Marc Stanford
Just now, Koen Meier said:

No that means the ailerons will move up during roll out. 

Ah yes the MD-11 had a similar thing. This is due to the new S8 software, got it.

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Marc Stanford said:

Ah yes the MD-11 had a similar thing. This is due to the new S8 software, got it.

No it has nothing todo with the FMGS but with the electronic flight control system (EFCS). Called L97+

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk

Forget about the droopy things untill sharks come out 

Share this post


Link to post
Nathan Stringer
12 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Forget about the droopy things untill sharks come out 

Why so negative Mr. Norfolk. Keep positive. 

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
3 hours ago, Nathan Stringer said:

Why so negative Mr. Norfolk. Keep positive. 

Because that's part of sharklet release 

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Because that's part of sharklet release 

Did I read release? 

Share this post


Link to post
Paolo Basta

Yes. but not today, let's hope for a better week next week ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Stu Antonio
28 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Yes. but not today, let's hope for a better week next week ^_^

Isn‘t there a regular update coming BEFORE the sharklet release? So until that is out, we can‘t even dream of a sharklet release... 

Share this post


Link to post
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

Isn‘t there a regular update coming BEFORE the sharklet release? So until that is out, we can‘t even dream of a sharklet release... 

there is.

Share this post


Link to post
Alex Pugh
32 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Yes. but not today, let's hope for a better week next week ^_^

Put this on repeat every week for the next 3 months...

Share this post


Link to post
Timm Rehberg
43 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Yes. but not today, let's hope for a better week next week ^_^

Why you say so bad things about today? Today is a great day with upcoming thunderstorm days next week :)

Share this post


Link to post
David Norfolk
4 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Did I read release? 

In 5 years ;)

2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Isn‘t there a regular update coming BEFORE the sharklet release? So until that is out, we can‘t even dream of a sharklet release... 

Yup for all three of them first then sharkys 

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher

Today is a good day for release the update for a320 because in Germany the weather is really bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Norman Blackburn
27 minutes ago, Robin Locher said:

Today is a good day for release the update for a320 because in Germany the weather is really bad.

Whilst its overcast here in Berlin it is dry.  I wouldn't call that really bad :) 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Robin Locher
23 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Whilst its overcast here in Berlin it is dry.  I wouldn't call that really bad :) 

In Stuttgart it is rainy and cold :D

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Christoph Sebek

Expecting rain showers at VIE too but I am stuck in the office anyway. :lol:

Share this post


Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...