Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Artur Araripe

Might be because they are LEDs. Ninja fast.

RGB strobes when though

Airbus needs to partner up with Razer or Corsair :P

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Timm Rehberg

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Pascal Wagner

OH YEAH.....

The option for the best livery ever is coming to virtual flying... FSL you rock it now. 

EWBVB.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Timm Rehberg
3 hours ago, Pascal Wagner said:

OH YEAH.....

The option for the best livery ever is coming to virtual flying... FSL you rock it now. 

EWBVB.jpg

Clearly a wrong team, wrong logo, wrong everything ;) Ugly! :D

4 hours ago, Artur Araripe said:

Airbus needs to partner up with Razer or Corsair :P

Or just with FSL! :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
David Norfolk
5 hours ago, Paul Parkin said:

What I have found interesting is that there *seem* to be different strobe lights between the winglet and sharklet models. Having A LOT of flight time as a PAX on Wizz Air, the sharklet strobes seem to be much faster.

As already said it could be to do with the LED but maybe the sharks use better software or wiring idk 

Pascal Wagner
19 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Or just with FSL! :)

Better not, cause then the PTU isnt working properly anymore...

• Like 1
Marc Stanford

Looking forward to the sharklets and the new flight control software it comes with.

David Norfolk
On 2/1/2020 at 7:00 AM, Marc Stanford said:

Looking forward to the sharklets and the new flight control software it comes with.

it's going to be interesting 

• Like 1
Darren Esannason

Happy Tuesday folks,

In anticipation of the upcoming sharklet exntension for the A319/A32x series, I thought you might enjoy a video showing one of Delta Airlines A321 in action. The link takes you aboard a Delta A321 (N346DN) from KATL-KBOS. Video courtesy of Skylite Productions. Enjoy!! :D

Respectfully,

Darren Esannason

Nikolaj Immel
On 1/30/2020 at 10:58 AM, Khoa Nguyen said:

C series would be cool, 

I'm out :D

It's the A220 now, so I'm totally with you :D Would love to see this bird in P3D!

• Like 1
Khoa Nguyen
2 minutes ago, Nikolaj Immel said:

It's the A220 now, so I'm totally with you :D Would love to see this bird in P3D!

High five !!! 

Timm Rehberg
39 minutes ago, Nikolaj Immel said:

There will never be a A220. Its the CSeries forever ;)

Btw.: When does the smaller guys get CPDLC? :P

• Like 2
Koen Meier
33 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

There will never be a A220. Its the CSeries forever ;)

Btw.: When does the smaller guys get CPDLC? :P

It is a unique selling point for now. :D

David Norfolk

Who renamed my topic?:lol: norm, I'm looking at you:P

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Who renamed my topic?:lol: norm, I'm looking at you:P

Cause it got merged with another thread.

• Like 1
David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Twas me David. Wanna fight? :D

Bring it!

• Haha 1
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

Bring it!

You know you loose it if he was bringing an sharklet to the match. Just joking.

• Haha 1
David Norfolk
3 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

You know you loose it if he was bringing an sharklet to the match. Just joking.

That maybe so but "soon" it shall be mineeeee

David Norfolk

Here's one for the livery list for release day if you guys are still working on them.

FB_IMG_1581524823721.jpg

• Like 4
David Norfolk
On 2/11/2020 at 6:47 PM, Darren Esannason said:

Happy Tuesday folks,

In anticipation of the upcoming sharklet exntension for the A319/A32x series, I thought you might enjoy a video showing one of Delta Airlines A321 in action. The link takes you aboard a Delta A321 (N346DN) from KATL-KBOS. Video courtesy of Skylite Productions. Enjoy!! :D

Respectfully,

Darren Esannason

Can't go wrong with sharks! 

Steven Silva
On 1/30/2020 at 8:32 AM, Pascal Wagner said:

OH YEAH.....

EWBVB.jpg

there will be more captures

Marc Stanford

I can't believe i'm saying this but FSL please release sharklet A321s before Summer!

Yes I'm back

• Haha 2
David Norfolk
12 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Yes I'm back

And.Here.We.Go ;). jokes aside, it probably be around summer. At a guess of course

Marc Stanford

That's good enough for me, the A321 is a very good aircraft, it's the only one of the A320 series I fly now.

Artur Araripe
3 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

I can't believe i'm saying this but FSL please release sharklet A321s before Summer!

Yes I'm back

Now this topic is complete

• Haha 1
Marc Stanford

Idk if this has been answered can we expect an A321 Sharklet too?

David Norfolk

A320 & A321 sharks, no idea if they'll release at the sametime though 

Koen Meier
59 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

What do you think how long will be the development? 1/2 year or 1 year?

You cant really put a time on it cause development never stops.

David Norfolk

Hopefully not as long as the A321:lol: who knows though. Anything can happen with testing

Alexandre K

@Norman Blackburn I don't know if you're ready to share this kind of information.

But if you are, you said that sharklets would be the next big update, or at least that we won't see the DCDUs implemented to the A320 & A319 before the sharks. Two questions then:

• When sharklets are released, will we see the DCDUs at the same time (on the whole A320/A319 fleet, sharks and non-sharks) ?
  • Will the new FMGC software will be implemented in the non-sharklets airframes ?

Thanks!

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Alexandre Kubatko said:

sharklets would be the next big update,

Just btw, I think I remember Lefteris stating something about the sharklets being a purchasable extension, so I guess maybe it won‘t be just an „update“ but more of a product of its own... 

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

Just btw, I think I remember Lefteris stating something about the sharklets being a purchasable extension, so I guess maybe it won‘t be just an „update“ but more of a product of its own... 

Correct this is what he had written in the v434 update post  "A few people are wondering what is to follow - we have already shared that we have been working on a Sharklets extension to our add-on family, this should be available for purchase within the coming months."

• Thanks 1
Alexandre K
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Yes, I refer to the term "update" because I would like to know what we can expect in terms of DCDU and FMGC on the non-sharks aircrafts, those that we already own and which will be updated at the same time sharklets are released.

David Norfolk

You've served me well retros.

3praua.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 6