David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk
7 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

But to be honest, even if FSLabs would release it now for v5...who knows what happends with our Airbus when AS is finished? As for now, the windshift issue hasn't been fixed by LM and we all know what happened when our active sky settings were wrong.

There beta is due out within the next couple days (if goes as planned) I would imagine they both have been working together as both company work well together 

Marvin Toepfer

Hopefully, AS can fix it without another HF by LM.

David Norfolk
3 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

Hopefully, AS can fix it without another HF by LM.

A few other weather devs managed to do a work around and "fixed" it.

Mark Roberts
27 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

A few other weather devs managed to do a work around and "fixed" it.

But getting rid of winds aloft isn’t really fixing it, just pushing the can down the road and throwing realism out the window.

Koen Meier

From what I have heard AS will work with both normal and the enhanced atmospheric stuff. I think the wait will be well worth for AS.

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

From what I have heard AS will work with both normal and the enhanced atmospheric stuff. I think the wait will be well worth for AS.

Oh really? nice! 

6 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

But getting rid of winds aloft isn’t really fixing it, just pushing the can down the road and throwing realism out the window.

it is what it is. we just have to deal with what we got :) 

• Like 1

Mark Roberts
24 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Oh really? nice! 

it is what it is. we just have to deal with what we got :) 

True if you cant fix whats broke. Throw some ductape on it and go from there!

David Norfolk
20 minutes ago, Mark Roberts said:

True if you cant fix whats broke. Throw some ductape on it and go from there!

things will workout eventually ;) 

• Like 1

Paolo Basta

But are we waiting for another HF from LM or what :(

Stu Antonio

image.jpeg.62b4716038f1e80cc81a3c445f541e45.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 5

Mark Roberts
41 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

But are we waiting for another HF from LM or what :(

Not likely. Going from DX11 to 12 is not easy and if FSLABS or any devs rely on DX for things then it will need to be recoded and then beta tested etc. I am sure they are deep in beta testing trying to iron out issues before handing it over to us. We will hopefully see stuff soon but quality work takes time.

Paolo Basta

Thanks Mark, so v5 HF is running ok with no issues then, coz i haven't installed it yet im still on v4.5

• Like 1

Alessandro Dallago
29 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

image.jpeg.62b4716038f1e80cc81a3c445f541e45.jpeg

Absolutely hilarious, made me laugh out loud.

That's the episode that homer skips church on Sunday and burns the house down. 

• Like 1

Mark Roberts
12 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Thanks Mark, so v5 HF is running ok with no issues then, coz i haven't installed it yet im still on v4.5

I do not have any issues myself that crash the sim etc. However FSLABS may be running into issues or they are finishing up beta testing or still coding, Nobody knows right now besides them, We have to wait for Lefteris to let us know.

Hopefully sooner than later.

Marc Stanford

Magic 8 ball pls tell me the .500 update is coming next week!

How are things looking on your end Norman, some test flights with the Sharklets on VATSIM?

• Like 1

David Norfolk
12 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

How are things looking on your end Norman, some test flights with the Sharklets on VATSIM?

Norman's only allowed out 2 days a week. Lefteris keeps him in a cage & when his good. He gets an extra day off 

• Haha 2

Robert Sutherland

It's also a totally pointless question given that Norman can't really disclose anything. 

But then Marc knows that. 

• Like 1

Paolo Basta

And Andy, how many days is he allowed out of his cage as he has been quite for a while hope he is ok :lol:

David Norfolk
16 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

And Andy, how many days is he allowed out of his cage as he has been quite for a while hope he is ok :lol:

No idea, maybe 4?

Harry Westbury

Would any of the Team potentially be able to share some information on which liveries will be available on release? Thanks :)

Norman Blackburn
13 minutes ago, Harry Westbury said:

Would any of the Team potentially be able to share some information on which liveries will be available on release? Thanks :)

Potentially we could.  But we are in a particularly evil mood right now :) 

Some eagle eyed people did see some of us flying online with registrations in remarks.

• Haha 1

Harry Westbury
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

Potentially we could.  But we are in a particularly evil mood right now :) 

Some eagle eyed people did see some of us flying online with registrations in remarks.

Haha don't worry I understand; I have seen the usual liveries and the ones previewed of course (which I must add look brilliant)

I have now started flying in the United States in the sim after only ever flying in Europe; do some of the lesser known sharklet operators from the US like Frontier and Alaska have liveries already?

Thanks Norman :)

Norman Blackburn

Caveat: I'm only joking.   Needs to be said in case somebody takes it seriously.

2 minutes ago, Harry Westbury said:

I have now started flying in the United States in the sim after only ever flying in Europe; do some of the lesser known sharklet operators from the US like Frontier and Alaska have liveries already?

Why on earth would you be doing that?!  They spell things wrong and worse, they have their own flight plan rules and stuff.  :P  

• Haha 3

Harry Westbury
35 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Caveat: I'm only joking.   Needs to be said in case somebody takes it seriously.

Why on earth would you be doing that?!  They spell things wrong and worse, they have their own flight plan rules and stuff.  :P  

I understand the humour don't worry! :P

Gia Pham

Does the sharklet comes with both the CEO and NEO of just the CEO?

Thanks 

Mark Roberts
3 minutes ago, Gia Pham said:

Does the sharklet comes with both the CEO and NEO of just the CEO?

Thanks 

Just the CEO. I dont think there is a NEO planned atm. At least not publicly. 

Koen Meier

A neo has by default sharklets just to remember 

• Like 1

Marc Stanford
6 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Norman's only allowed out 2 days a week. Lefteris keeps him in a cage & when his good. He gets an extra day off 

Damn I guess we need to call that company for the re-modelling of the dungeon then.

Paolo Basta

:unsure: Is there anybody out there! when is Normans second day out again, or Andy's first? :huh:

David Norfolk
18 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

:unsure: Is there anybody out there! when is Normans second day out again, or Andy's first? :huh:

Normals not around untill his days off now...Andy....well Andys gone to college & Woody is trying to find him 

• Haha 3

Timm Rehberg

I am totally fine with my v5 HF1 installed. Still waiting for my fav addons like FSL, PMDG or REX/ActiveSky but it works great and to be honest: to sit outside, enjoy a drink or two while BBQ is so great and really keeps me away of driving crazy cuz of my missing FSL! :) 

But someone at FSL could show us really something now! We haven't got anything for a while now :( 

• Like 8

Paolo Basta

+1

David Norfolk

Very much looking forward to seeing the buses in V5 (party emoji)

Paolo Basta

When David when here we are biting our finger nails and waiting for a release maybe they are waiting for AS as 3 weeks have past since Lefteris great announcement.

Paolo Basta

Thanks Koen yet again, very soon as always with everything else :(

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Paolo Basta said:

Thanks Koen yet again, very soon as always with everything else :(

You can thank Facebook for letting me know. Be sure to read the whole page.

Robert Sutherland

I have to say, LM's move to integrate Enhanced Atmospherics into the sim as an experimental addition (while seemingly not consulting other addon developers about how they can work alongside it, and not providing any API or SDK control for it) further underlines the assertion that this was a rushed release. 

ActiveSky basically doesn't work with it, from my understanding of their news update, especially this bit: 

Capture.thumb.JPG.7cde6b4c8cb7ea18a37eed60eb45fbcf.JPGn

Koen Meier

i dont think it was rushed, we dont know when LM decided to implement truesky. AS works with EA but you might see some issues with it that is how i see it. now if you want to run ASCA then you are stuck with the normal mode. while truesky does have an SDK that is available to developers however it is very hard for 3rd parties to use it.

David Norfolk

It literally says it works with it. Theres just limitations as its beta but you can use it no problem 

David Norfolk
2 hours ago, Paolo Basta said:

When David when here we are biting our finger nails and waiting for a release maybe they are waiting for AS as 3 weeks have past since Lefteris great announcement.

Who knows man. I feel you though mate

Robert Sutherland
8 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

It literally says it works with it. Theres just limitations as its beta but you can use it no problem 

Of course, but the screengrab I've included lists a significant number of features that don't work with it. 

Reading between the lines, if you want weather depiction that reflects what you'd actually see in real life, you'll have to do so without TrueSky until it gets further developed. 

I'm not complaining; just think people will need to be aware of potential issues. . 

8 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

i dont think it was rushed, we dont know when LM decided to implement truesky. AS works with EA but you might see some issues with it that is how i see it. now if you want to run ASCA then you are stuck with the normal mode. while truesky does have an SDK that is available to developers however it is very hard for 3rd parties to use it.

I'm basing that on the response of other developers, who have said that it was released much sooner than they expected it to be. 

Koen Meier

nothing is perfect upon release. doesnt matter if it was released too soon or not.

David Norfolk

I'm past caring about all that now. I'm just ready for some planes.

• Like 3