Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Tom van der Elst

It looks good and all that.

Never mind the sharkthings,

what new HEGN scenery and where can I get that ?

cheers

Tom.

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Gents- this thread has run its course. If you have specific issues, please post in another thread in appropriate forums. Thank you for entertaining us for so long with this one until the Sha

Posted Images

Tariq Mohammed

I am just thinking about that Server, will be on overtime :D

Marlon Carter
7 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Just because I was doing it, as you asked!

efb_lnding.png

I sincerely hope that the EFB makes it to the WTF version soon.

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Marlon Carter said:

I sincerely hope that the EFB makes it to the WTF version soon.

it wont be soon soon but more like long soon

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

it wont be soon soon but more like long soon

It could also be not so long soon. It's an add on that's basically "stand alone" in it's functionality. But maybe FSL fear it would potentially cannibalize the selling of the SL expansion if we could have an EFB update for free right now.

I'm curious how they will eventually implement it into the WTFs. Because if they make it an update you have to pay for, it's another set of products to manage, 'cause then you could have for example an A230-WTF and an A320-WTF-EFB. Could get quite complicated.

Michael Ackermann

Not sure if these have been shown already ?!

ac.jpg

tc.jpg

afl.jpg

• Like 20
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

It could also be not so long soon. It's an add on that's basically "stand alone" in it's functionality. But maybe FSL fear it would potentially cannibalize the selling of the SL expansion if we could have an EFB update for free right now.

I'm curious how they will eventually implement it into the WTFs. Because if they make it an update you have to pay for, it's another set of products to manage, 'cause then you could have for example an A230-WTF and an A320-WTF-EFB. Could get quite complicated.

the efb is just a different way to interact with some of the atsu features.

Daniel Jaffe
8 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

It looks like more than that insofar as it supports access and display to other documents such as PDFs, web browser integration, mapping features for airports and AI/Vatsim traffic, among other things I think.

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
16 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

They did this for every major release. Nothing new there.

the 319 brought the icing simulation. the 321 brought the atsu (or was  it the dcdu and cpdlc? can't  remember). On each occasion the new product had the exclusivity of the new feature for several months before it was retrofitted to the older products.  From a commercial point of view it makes perfect sense.  The new features is anther incentive on top of the new plane variant. 

In the case of the efb its not just a mater of updating the cockpit.  They have to calculate all the performance tables etc.

And even  if these tables are already done, its the most logical  buisness decision to try  to maximize the sells for  the  past  year and change  of work.

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

It looks like more than that insofar as it supports access and display to other documents such as PDFs, web browser integration, mapping features for airports and AI/Vatsim traffic, among other things I think.

i know but some of those things dont really change the interaction much. the performacne calulcation on the a319 for example is a big hurdle perhaps to do.

Marlon Carter
9 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Given what we've seen so far, that seems to be just one of many functions of the EFB. Either way, we won't all abandon the WTF version with the release of the sharklets and it would be great to have the EFB throughout all A3XX versions.

Koen Meier
Just now, Marlon Carter said:

Given what we've seen so far, that seems to be just one of many functions of the EFB. Either way, we won't all abandon the WTF version with the release of the sharklets and it would be great to have the EFB throughout all A3XX versions.

you are missing the context. when it comes to porting over the efb into the other aircraft the majority of the interfaces dont need much work but performacne calculations could be changed.

Alexander Polcher
1 hour ago, Tom van der Elst said:

It looks good and all that.

Never mind the sharkthings,

what new HEGN scenery and where can I get that ?

cheers

Tom.

I would not get it, honestly.

Besides the scenery does not offer up-to-date PBR textures (not at all) it screwed my P3D.

VamLsf3.png

My expectations where low, because FSDG does not offer the quality which we are used to from FlyTampa, MK-Studios or sim-wings. You can check several 4K-Videos or pictures on YouTube and Co. to elaborate several things like:

• General Colour
    • Why is the city covered in green moss?
    • Why are there white patches everywhere?
    • Why does the airport area have a different texutre set than the surrounding area?
    • Why is the surrounding area yellow- and greenish?

VDGS is done accurately but does not match the GSX configuration, why Jetways are not working properly and ground vehicles are simply standing anywhere.

A replacement file can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/7n8h2c7xhr2bqq9/AAB1ueGRXs07Z-TScxU5IgKXa?dl=0

fXwnaDF.png

Personally, I am highly dissapointed. And feedback from FSDG is, and this is an original quote:

"The lower picture seems to be unrealistic".

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

i know but some of those things dont really change the interaction much. the performacne calulcation on the a319 for example is a big hurdle perhaps to do.

the landing calculation  is brand new though.

I can count  on one hand the number of times  I took the trouble  to actually calculate  the landing distance   with  the  fcom. The rest of the  time  I just guess,  when  in doubt go medium brake and full reverse and call it a day.

And that  it actually   accounts  for the failures too is quite  awesome.

Maxime Guy

Well I think I’ll come back to see you folks tomorrow then. Same place ? Same time ? :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Koen Meier
Just now, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

the landing calculation  is brand new though.

I can count  on one hand the number of times  I took the trouble  to actually calculate  the landing distance   with  the  fcom. The rest of the  time  I just guess,  when  in doubt go medium brake and full reverse and call it a day.

And that  it actually   accounts  for the failures too is quite  awesome.

i have used the LDC which is made by @Duncan MacKellar https://airbusftw.co.uk/downloads/. and to me it seems like the EFB takes some of the key insights from this. the LDC does failure stuff actually. it is new for fslabs to have it but given the dev who created the LDC is am not surprised it has made it in.

Patrick Muehlmann
2 minutes ago, San Lin said:

Fine.Another day without release,good night all.:ph34r:

but SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON
in a parallel universe! Or in one Month.
who can say that already.

the FSLabs SL's are just a very exclusive Addon! -_-

Robert Sutherland
5 minutes ago, San Lin said:

Fine.Another day without release,good night all.:ph34r:

It's still only 4pm in the UK. But I appreciate that you being HK based means that it's late! 

Goodnight! 

Stu Antonio

I’m counting on Lefteris‘ stalkers to inform us as soon as he‘s creating a new topic in „announcements“ :D 

• Haha 3
Koen Meier
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

I’m counting on Lefteris‘ stalkers to inform us as soon as he‘s creating a new topic in „announcements“ :D 

he could have written it already and just hidden it from view.

Santiago Sacristan

how do you know?

Khoa Nguyen
6 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I have just followed and check the notification (email and forum notif) for Lefteris when he replies or post sth, the most wanted man B)

Danny Moore

I'm still leaning towards Friday if it does release. No since of stressing until then. 

Florian Wolf

legit.

image.thumb.png.794b546d4b833f1911a61ba6f179314c.png

• Haha 2
Santiago Sacristan

damn 151k views:lol:

Enzo Dewit
2 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

legit.

image.thumb.png.794b546d4b833f1911a61ba6f179314c.png

:lol: I see myself from here XD

• Haha 1
Santiago Sacristan

ok technically in 2 Minutes it's 7pm in Greece sooo...

Tomorrow is a new day!

Patrick Muehlmann

maybe Friday, next Week or next Year .... somehow it's getting a little unspectacular!

many happy Landings to all Beta-Tester.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Santiago Sacristan

well yeah it is getting frustrating.

Michael O'Halloran
2 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

How's the weather today lads?

ITS OUT!... The sun that is.... quite nice as its been cloudy and miserable the past few days. :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Stu Antonio
Just now, Michael O'Halloran said:

ITS OUT!... The sun that is.... quite nice as its been cloudy and miserable the past few days. :D

Instant ban.  

• Like 4
Stefan van Hierden
3 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

How's the weather today lads?

Rainy so I’ll fire the WTF up for a hop around Europe!

• Like 1
Craig Baillie

Seems a few are getting irate again. Perhaps go off and find something fun to do, perhaps some swimming.

“Just keep swimming…swim swim swimming.”

37B6E458-E688-46F4-9C2D-496E8D16F076.jpeg

• Like 1
Patrick Muehlmann

my suggestion for the Payment Variants: :P

° Credit card

° Paypal

° Direct bank transfer

° Pay SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOON *LOL

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic