Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Maxime Guy
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

I am glad I got other things to focus on now.

I just wish they didn't tell us anything about time frame etc... like they have, and getting our hopes up just to then not deliver on those """promises""".

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Norman Blackburn
25 minutes ago, Klaus Schmitzer said:

Nope, it is the 4th :P

Ready and finished are two different things.

Aaron Brand
6 minutes ago, Maxime Guy said:

I just wish they didn't tell us anything about time frame etc... like they have, and getting our hopes up just to then not deliver on those """promises""".

What promises did they make?  What timeframe?  Please show me?  You putting your own interpretations into "Soon", "Shorter period" and other vague phrases that they have used is their fault how?

• Like 3
Robert Sutherland
6 minutes ago, Maxime Guy said:

They’ve not mentioned anything about timeframes have they? Other than the vague ‘early 2021’ mentioned once, months ago.

What other promises have they made?

Maxime Guy
Just now, Aaron Brand said:

What promises did they make?  What timeframe?  Please show me?  You putting your own interpretations into "Soon", "Shorter period" and other vague phrases that they have used is their fault how?

Early 2021/Shorter promo period/Few days after NDA lifting.

• Like 2
Aaron Brand
1 minute ago, Maxime Guy said:

Like I said, you putting your own interpretations into those statements is their fault how?

Tom van der Elst
4 minutes ago, Maxime Guy said:

which is still possible.

Maxime Guy
2 minutes ago, Aaron Brand said:

And that why i put many hyphens around promises...

Michael O'Halloran

To be completely honest i don't feel 'let down' I don't feel that there have been broken promises.

Even if they had given a date ( they never do ) And it didn't meet that date i still would not be let down, At the end of the day we are going to pay money for this and we want a good product ( They always are ) If it means waiting a few days / week then i'd much rather that than run into a bunch of ctd's or something not working.

I think too many jumped at an imminent release with the fact the NDA was lifted and a bunch of screenshots are flooding forums and social media now. It will very much be worth the wait... Personally i don't think it'll be much longer i think its simply a matter of finishing things off.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1
Alejandro Martínez
44 minutes ago, Aaron Brand said:

Like I said, you putting your own interpretations into those statements is their fault how?

Which is your interpretation of early 2021? XD

• Like 1
Pascal Bertram

I think we don’t have to discuss that the release is later than everyone expected! But now let’s focus for the actual release  date I think we are close :) and I am pretty sure the wait will worth it

Camille MOUCHEL

When will the sharlet expansion be released ?

1) this week

2) this month

3) This year

me => 1)

Aaron Brand
9 minutes ago, Alejandro Martínez said:

Which is your interpretation of early 2021? XD

I'm not bothered.  I'm mature enough to wait for it to be released without throwing my toys out of the pram.  I will fly the WTF until such time as I purchase the SL.  If the SL is released on one of the 4 days I'm at work then I won't buy it until my days off.  I can wait.

• Like 2
Maxime Guy
4 minutes ago, Aaron Brand said:

I'm not bothered.  I'm mature enough to wait for it to be released without throwing my toys out of the pram.  I will fly the WTF until such time as I purchase the SL.  If the SL is released on one of the 4 days I'm at work then I won't buy it until my days off.  I can wait.

Nobody is throwing toys out of the pram. We're all as excited to get the SL, as you are.

Daniel Jaffe

The thread is getting a little testy.  In some ways, that's good as I think it reflects the depth of enthusiasm.  On the other hand, no need to step on one another's toes.  The sharklets/efb are, after all, something to feel good about not resentful.

• Like 1
Florian Wolf
23 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

1) this week

2) this month

3) This year

me => 1)

5C52856C-4401-42D4-A873-BD555A6E54DF.thumb.jpeg.9746744d76059dccfdac277c738085bc.jpeg

there you Go, that‘s the answer

• Haha 1
Florian Mooijaart
1 minute ago, Florian Wolf said:

5C52856C-4401-42D4-A873-BD555A6E54DF.thumb.jpeg.9746744d76059dccfdac277c738085bc.jpeg

No Florian, It is Soon ™ 

Florian Wolf
1 minute ago, Florian Wolf said:

Pablo Prada
To be completely honest i don't feel 'let down' I don't feel that there have been broken promises.
Even if they had given a date ( they never do ) And it didn't meet that date i still would not be let down, At the end of the day we are going to pay money for this and we want a good product ( They always are ) If it means waiting a few days / week then i'd much rather that than run into a bunch of ctd's or something not working.
I think too many jumped at an imminent release with the fact the NDA was lifted and a bunch of screenshots are flooding forums and social media now. It will very much be worth the wait... Personally i don't think it'll be much longer i think its simply a matter of finishing things off.

Agreed.

Let them work. Be patient. I don’t care waiting week, month...personally I waited years and years for a good bus...now we have the BEST one ever created product for FS.
Also they give us the chance to fly 2D, which personally I love, and no one out there give us the chance to decide that.

I came to P3D only because of these guys.

So let them work to continue developing this amazing buses!
  • Like 1
davide montana

yes, unfortunatly is for p3d....the most expencive simulator...i hate how are bad design all the airport...no one is like the real one...on xplane at least you have better default graphic, better design...and the parking in the airport are like the real one....unfortunatly is not there the fslab....

• Haha 2
Stu Antonio

I watched every stream available and yeah, there are a lot of cool new features with the EFB, the sharklets look awesome and the product(s) seem to be yet another masterpiece and awesome work by FSL. A lot to be excited about.

But also, after the whole EFB part/preparation, and the external cinematics..... it's still good old (FSL) airbus flying/simmin', just like I did earlier today with the WTFs. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to it too, but .... idk, it won't be that big "epiphany" some people seem to be expecting, while they they go fly other aircraft and won't touch the FSL until the sharklets come out... I don't get that.  

• Like 2
davide montana
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I watched every stream available and yeah, there are a lot of cool new features with the EFB, the sharklets look awesome and the product(s) seem to be yet another masterpiece and awesome work by FSL. A lot to be excited about.

But also, after the whole EFB part/preparation, and the external cinematics..... it's still good old (FSL) airbus flying/simmin', just like I did earlier today with the WTFs. Don't get me wrong, I'm really looking forward to it too, but .... idk, it won't be that big "epiphany" some people seem to be expecting, while they they go fly other aircraft and won't touch the FSL until the sharklets come out... I don't get that.  

exactly...we can wait...no stress

Bob Zolto

It's still basically the same airplane, it will save a little gas an handle just about the same.  The EFB is far and away more important that the eye candy at the end of the wings, which I don't look at all that  much as I fly in the cockpit 99.8% of the time.

• Like 1
Pablo Prada

From my point of view. Fslabs deserves a huge PC. ONLY with the FsLabs and nice airports.

PMDG are also very good ones. But from my point of view they are light years away from these people.
  • Like 3
Philippe Delifer
1 hour ago, Florian Wolf said:

Football player, born on the 12th of March, maybe the number 12 means something... The number in the team he's in is number 14, is Lefteris trying to send us a message? Losing my mind!!

• Haha 5
Marc Fuolega

Mass Effect Legendary releases on Friday. Feel free to delay the sharklets by a few weeks. Won’t have time to fly anyway. 

Daniel Jaffe
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Interesting point. However, I have the Toliss A321 with the NEO, and XLR expansion pack and it does bring something different and interesting. XP/Toliss support Avitab as well, which I find very convenient. The EFB here looks like a very robust, well thought out addition with all kinds of capabilities that, from what I can see, are class leading. I think it will be the item that most changes the experience for the better. 

David Spaulding

Does the sharklet birds have reheat? That’s all I really am excited about.

The Concorde is like the one that got away. An old flame that was so great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Leiwei Li
1 hour ago, Philippe Delifer said:

Football player, born on the 12th of March, maybe the number 12 means something... The number in the team he's in is number 14, is Lefteris trying to send us a message? Losing my mind!!

So the answer is 12.14.

• Haha 1
Jeff Gerbert

You will know when the sharklet is released when you see  Lefteris Kalamaras make a announcement on the front page of the forums. Last post was March 31, 2021

Jeffg 

• Like 1
Marc Stanford

I went to sleep and dreamed that I was already flying the Sharklets, it has been released several hours ago. 

Then I woke up and realized it was not now but soon :( :( 

Ross McDonagh
5 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Ready and finished are two different things.

It’s never quite “finished” when the FSL team are on it... Always working on improvements both big and small.  

Ready for release on the other hand-well that’s what we’ve been waiting to hear :P

Marc Stanford
16 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

The Huge Manatee Express

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.11 - 01.31.09.36.png

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.11 - 01.19.51.11.png

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.10 - 23.59.27.83.png

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.10 - 23.54.28.96.png

The only thing that's keeping me from P3D v5 is the dark cockpit bug, other than that great shots!

Danny Moore
33 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:
The only thing that's keeping me from P3D v5 is the dark cockpit bug, other than that great shots!

Myself and many others do not have this bug. Haven't seen one screenshot of SL here or live stream showing a dark cockpit. Also haven't had any issues with other developers aircraft. It's usually a conflict with a mod or shader. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eric Fisher
1 hour ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

The Huge Manatee Express

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.11 - 01.31.09.36.png

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.11 - 01.19.51.11.png

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.10 - 23.59.27.83.png

2Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.10 - 23.54.28.96.png

I've seen like 3 different animal tails now from beta folks on the SL for Frontier.  Can I assume all these liveries will be released when the SL comes out? Also, is there an airline package for Frontier that will have their colors for the EFB and boarding announcements coming?

Nils Grube
6 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

1) this week

2) this month

3) This year

me => 1)

2) this month 

• Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic