Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Florian Wolf
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You can be sure the whole team are working flat out to get things into your hands - and without my setting the prices.  There will always be things that didn't appear no matter how exhaustive our testing is however we hope these will be to a minimum.

But generell speaking the shorter promotional period is still a thing or?

• Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Gents- this thread has run its course. If you have specific issues, please post in another thread in appropriate forums. Thank you for entertaining us for so long with this one until the Sha

Posted Images

CHRISWHITE
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You can be sure the whole team are working flat out to get things into your hands - and without my setting the prices.  There will always be things that didn't appear no matter how exhaustive our testing is however we hope these will be to a minimum.

Ah totally, i'm sure the team are going for it now that the NDA has been lifted.  I imagine there will be very little if anything to pick at.  I'm hoping for a release this weekend but it'll be out when it is out!

James Littler
4 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Best offer yet!  We need the world to open up again to allow these shows to return.

Like I said, the offer is on the table... Would you like Ketchup with that? I'm sure the cost is well within my budget. Joking aside, it would be great to see the FSLABS stand and all of you again next time around.;) 

Maurice Emmerson
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Jokes aside what you guys are doing to get this into our sim's is amazing and it will be worth the wait 

• Like 1
Christophe Binsfeld

I need an new Airplane... just smashed my A321 with 800 fpm into Innsbruck :D Time for the Sharklet.

• Haha 3
Aaron Brand
Just now, Christophe Binsfeld said:

I need an new Airplane... just smashed my A321 with 800 fpm into Innsbruck :D Time for the Sharklet.

We're not letting you anywhere near the Sharklets...

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
  • Sad 1
phil highton

i only went to grab a beer, 15 new replies B)

well 16 i guess now :)

• Haha 2
Maz Elzubir
1 minute ago, Christophe Binsfeld said:

I's get Maintenance to do a once over of the airframe :D

Christophe Binsfeld

This was the incredible moment, when you want to flare but somehow windows decide to "reconnect" all USB devices...

• Haha 1
  • Sad 3
Maurice Emmerson
3 minutes ago, Christophe Binsfeld said:

you have broken so many we not fixing anymore #sorryaboutyourdamnluck

Faruk Eroğlu

While I'm so excited for the release, I am sure it'll be worth the wait - I prefer a polished release over a rushed one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Mihai Armas
18 minutes ago, Faruk Eroglu said:

While I'm so excited for the release, I am sure it'll be worth the wait - I prefer a polished release over a rushed one.

you can always get it after hotfixes

Danny Moore

I wonder if another update will drop before the Sharklets release.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Daniel Jaffe
50 minutes ago, Faruk Eroğlu said:

I think it's safe to say that "rushed" doesn't really apply at this point.  I prefer to think of it as: "excessively thorough."  B)

• Haha 2
Alexander Petrenko

Any chance to see some Russian birds with sharklets? Say Aeroflot or S7? :rolleyes:

David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, Alexander Petrenko said:

Any chance to see some Russian birds with sharklets? Say Aeroflot or S7? :rolleyes:

There's aeroflot livery, can be seen in the promo 

• Like 2
David Spaulding

Anyone know if we get offsets enabled with this latest release? Also fixing the ACTs?
Step altitude fixes? Entering time points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Camille MOUCHEL
9 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

The overlay depicts precipitation radar captured via satelite - so it shows precipitation regardless of altitude.

Can it display Vatsim weather ?

Camille MOUCHEL

i have faith we'lll get the Sl for this WE.

Camille MOUCHEL

how to insert gifs here ?

14 minutes ago, David Spaulding said:

Anyone know if we get offsets enabled with this latest release? Also fixing the ACTs?
Step altitude fixes? Entering time points?

not, but it should come in futures updates though

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

i have faith we'lll get the Sl for this WE.

2e7b023a87f2fe1bfaf595822c0223ae.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Camille MOUCHEL
Just now, Duncan MacKellar said:

Late night testing Club! 

Prepar3D Screenshot 2021.05.06 - 22.55.45.32.png

what should be put as fuel factor in simbrief considering a perf factor of 0.0 and idle factor of 0.0 ?

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Late night testing Club! 

Don't break it!...pls

• Like 3
Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

what should be put as fuel factor in simbrief considering a perf factor of 0.0 and idle factor of 0.0 ?

In real life every airframe, despite being planned identical, differ.  These even change RL over time.  You will have to work out the change yourself.

Camille MOUCHEL
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

In real life every airframe, despite being planned identical, differ.  These even change RL over time.  You will have to work out the change yourself.

i know, but the beta tester has already figured it out a factor I think with all their flights. I just know that the Sl will decrease fuel consumption around 5-6%

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Camille MOUCHEL said:

i know, but the beta tester has already figured it out a factor I think with all their flights. I just know that the Sl will decrease fuel consumption around 5-6%

In real life the NEO sees a reasonable change.  You wont notice quite as much with CEO.

Camille MOUCHEL
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

In real life the NEO sees a reasonable change.  You wont notice quite as much with CEO.

Neo is around 30%, but with the Sl, we should see a difference for flights above 1hr i guess, because with 5% reduction, if a flight with the CEO WTF consume 2900kg of fuel, with the SL it should only consume 2750kg (-150kg)

image.thumb.png.7ba55cc38279edc6d2b426520e45fd9d.png

Norman Blackburn

I spent the best part of 10 years in flight ops :) 

• Haha 1
Bryan Richards
15 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

That's good to know at least for me. I have some ceo profiles for pfpx that are dead spot on for all the variants and I was wondering where I could find some SL ones or if I can still use the ceo profiles I have. 

Armando_Perez

Alright everyone I do have a question about the liveries for the new release of the sharklet aircraft. Will any of the liveries include Volaris, Interjet, or VivaAerobus? I've been really hoping for one of these hispanic airlines to be released so I can fly through Mexico? Either way, I'm just happy the sharklets are going to get released soon! 

phil highton

can we call them dolphinlets  or penquinlets much nicer i think  not as aggressive don't you think  B)

Brian McCumiskey
44 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

Late night testing Club! 

How dare you forget the satcom on the jetBlue 321! It's free wifi! :D But in all seriousness the free wifi is really nice on jetBlue

Florian Mooijaart

But sharks are adorable too tho. Especially with human teeth. 

Dfu_Eu6X4AAtiy9.jpeg

• Haha 2
David Spaulding

Woohoo! Just got the call for landing currency in the sim. Finally, the dark times are rolling away.

All I need is an international ground class and I’m packing my bags!

David Norfolk
10 minutes ago, Armando_Perez said:

Alright everyone I do have a question about the liveries for the new release of the sharklet aircraft. Will any of the liveries include Volaris, Interjet, or VivaAerobus? I've been really hoping for one of these hispanic airlines to be released so I can fly through Mexico? Either way, I'm just happy the sharklets are going to get released soon! 

I have 2 volaris paints that *should* be out day one depending on what needs doing etc 

• Like 1
phil highton
2 minutes ago, Florian Mooijaart said:

But sharks are adorable too tho. Especially with human teeth. 

Dfu_Eu6X4AAtiy9.jpeg

is that my mother inlaw ?

• Haha 2
Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

How dare you forget the satcom on the jetBlue 321! It's free wifi! :D But in all seriousness the free wifi is really nice on jetBlue

I'm enjoying it!

2021-5-7_0-47-16-787.jpg

• Like 3
Brian McCumiskey
Just now, Norman Blackburn said:

I'm enjoying it!

Minty?

Duncan MacKellar
17 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

WiFi has been reconnected! 1342068480_Prepar3DScreenshot2021_05.06-23_57_53_70.thumb.png.d09c86cbe6211660d7106e06040502b5.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Brian McCumiskey
1 minute ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

WiFi has been reconnected! 

Mid flight??? Now that is true blue efficiency

• Like 2
David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Duncan MacKellar said:

WiFi has been reconnected! 1342068480_Prepar3DScreenshot2021_05.06-23_57_53_70.thumb.png.d09c86cbe6211660d7106e06040502b5.png

Sounds like my home router.

• Haha 1
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic