David Norfolk

Sharklet Hype

Endrit Palushi

Before HF I'd easily get up to 6.0/6.6GB VRAM usage with identical settings and location.

This was with dynamic texture streaming OFF because I noticed it causing intermittent flashing of some autogen:

2020-5-1_11-26-54-371.thumb.png.7b78be80d3ca1e12bf21dccf794201f0.png

David Norfolk
19 minutes ago, Endrit Palushi said:

Before HF I'd easily get up to 6.0/6.6GB VRAM usage with identical settings and location.

This was with dynamic texture streaming OFF because I noticed it causing intermittent flashing of some autogen:

2020-5-1_11-26-54-371.thumb.png.7b78be80d3ca1e12bf21dccf794201f0.png

You'll be turning settings down when you get 3rd party planes in there lol

• Haha 2

Timm Rehberg

Those people see a new P3D version and max out every setting .. :D:ph34r:

eQAGNCT.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Endrit Palushi

I wish I also had the ability to guess people’s P3D settings based on a screenshot :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

David Norfolk

Updated v5 including the new HF (obviously) & it's proper naughty. Seeing good results so far & a much less increase in VRAM. So far so good! 

• Like 3

Robert Sutherland

I just want a stable 30fps at the more FPS intensive airports. If it does that on reasonable settings (and improves upon P3D v4 for performance) then I'll be delighted. 

• Haha 1

Mark Roberts

Only big thing not fixed was the weather issues

Koen Meier
Just now, Mark Roberts said:

Only big thing not fixed was the weather issues

The enhanced atmosphere stuff is in beta and probably remain in that stage for some time. 

David Norfolk

I'd Imagine to use AS v5, they want us to switch it off for the time being, who knows  

Mark Roberts
43 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I'd Imagine to use AS v5, they want us to switch it off for the time being, who knows  

Or give disclaimers about what might not be working correctly. I think the only thing thats not broken between the two is popping when weather is injected.But I am going to fly today to test it out.

Marvin Toepfer

For now, the enhanced atmosphere thing is totally useless. No precipitation, only one cloud layer and still the flickering issue. Can be a good thing when it's finished. 

David Norfolk
19 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

For now, the enhanced atmosphere thing is totally useless. No precipitation, only one cloud layer and still the flickering issue. Can be a good thing when it's finished. 

makes sense 

Endrit Palushi

No precipitation? You can have precipitation from one cloud layer only. There is also localised rain too; it can be raining somewhere in the distance but not at your location - not sure if this was in v4.5? If you use the time lapse preview you can see reduced visibility where its raining, dare I say, kinda like in the MSFS videos lol 

Alexander Sigg
26 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

Marvin, I tested it a bit and I can´t agree with your statement. I got rain to show, snow sometimes and multiple layers of clouds is also possible. What do you mean with flickering? Do you mean the outlines that sometimes flicker? This issue got better with the latest driver of Nvidia.

Marc Stanford

Guys is there any settings to recreate the graphics (clouds, Rayleigh scattering, haze, etc) from P3D v5 for PTA used in P3D v4?

Marvin Toepfer
2 hours ago, Alexander Sigg said:

Marvin, I tested it a bit and I can´t agree with your statement. I got rain to show, snow sometimes and multiple layers of clouds is also possible. What do you mean with flickering? Do you mean the outlines that sometimes flicker? This issue got better with the latest driver of Nvidia.

I mean, the flickering of the edges. For example at terrain but also on buildings...its only with enhanced atmosphere checked on. You can have more than one cloud layer but not different ones, right? I always get a failure then. So in terms of dynamic weather/live weather, its totally not useable.

Alexander Sigg
2 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

I mean, the flickering of the edges. For example at terrain but also on buildings...its only with enhanced atmosphere checked on. You can have more than one cloud layer but not different ones, right? I always get a failure then. So in terms of dynamic weather/live weather, its totally not useable.

The flickering is indeed annoying but I can live with it for now.

You can have different kind of cloud layers. I think the error you are getting is that you are not allowed to have more than one layer of precipitation. But I can´t think of a scenario where that would be needed. I would wait and see what Active Sky does with it. I don´t think its not useable. 

Stu Antonio

Ehhh....? Wait....., wasn’t this thread about some sharklet hype.....? :D Where’d the sharklet hype go?

image.gif.de8dc94a8e5287b5fc7184d92be19bdf.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Alexander Sigg

sorry let´s go back to it with this beauty!

D-ABNQ - Airbus A320-214 - Air Berlin

• Like 7

Koen Meier

just saw a really nice livery of an airline called Air Seoul. it has mint green colours.

Norman Blackburn
28 minutes ago, Alexander Sigg said:

sorry let´s go back to it with this beauty!

D-ABNQ - Airbus A320-214 - Air Berlin

I miss this aircraft.  I flew on it as a passenger when it was in that livery.

I've worked on it countless times in its current livery.

• Like 6

Alexander Sigg
36 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I miss this aircraft.  I flew on it as a passenger when it was in that livery.

There is something about this livery that just makes me feel salvaged :unsure:

Tim Nitz
39 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

+1 on that one Norman ;)

• Like 1

Timm Rehberg

airberlin was such a great airline :(
Too bad that it didn't work out at the end!

When is the v5 update ready? :P

• Like 5

Mark Roberts
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

airberlin was such a great airline :(
Too bad that it didn't work out at the end!

Soon tm 

• Thanks 1

David Norfolk
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Shortly after Lefteris does an announcement 

• Confused 1

Timm Rehberg
17 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Shortly after Lefteris does an announcement 

Google -> "Where can I buy a new F5 key" :ph34r::D

Here we go again!

• Haha 1

Mark Roberts

When active sky comes out and we can fly without our planes being crashed due to wind :p

Robert Sutherland
10 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Question. 

What do you aim to achieve by asking this question? You know the answer already. So why ask it?

• Haha 1

Paolo Basta

I am more worried that we might have to wait for HF 2 as many many reporters are not happy with HF 1 is that a fact or what :o

• Haha 1

Koen Meier
15 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

I am more worried that we might have to wait for HF 2 as many many reporters are not happy with HF 1 is that a fact or what :o

it seems that the enhanced atmoshpheric stuff drops the frames really hard. for me it went from 60 to 30 that was when i just installed v5 fresh.

Edited by Koen Meier

Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

it seems that the enhanced atmoshpheric stuff drops the frames really hard. for me it went from 60 to 30 that was when i just installed v5.

oh really? there is no performance loss over here..

Paolo Basta

Koen apparently despite LM fixing of changing over 50  things performance is worst with HF 1 than it was with v 5 they have maybe fixed one thing and messed up the other

please i hope we don't have to hang around forever.

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Paolo Basta said:

Koen apparently despite LM fixing of changing over 50  things performance is worst with HF 1 than it was with v 5 they have maybe fixed one thing and messed up the other

please i hope we don't have to hang around forever.

Theres nothing wrong with the HF. People dont listen, they do half reinstalls when they've been told to do a full reinstall. They then reclog their fresh new install with planes that don't work properly and not built for V5 hence why people are complaining 

• Like 4

Koen Meier
9 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

oh really? there is no performance loss over here..

Could be that I am on a 6gb card.

• Like 1

Robin Locher

Yes some fly with PMDG 737, and they complain about FPS

Endrit Palushi

Can we just stop complaining so our favourite addon developers won't think we need to wait for another hotfix :rolleyes::lol:

Paolo Basta

David good to know, coz to be honest i'v had v5 since release but i never installed it into my sim just waiting for when the time is right and for when Fsl and Pmdg come out with their v5 updated versions :D

Timm Rehberg

But people would even complain with 120FPS but still loading autogen below.
Its FSX but better - never forget! ;) 

FS Community became a complain community!

• Like 1

Marvin Toepfer
4 minutes ago, Endrit Palushi said:

Can we just stop complaining so our favourite addon developers won't think we need to wait for another hotfix :rolleyes::lol:

:lol: haha...well, lets see what they decide. 

Timm Rehberg

Does that sound fair if I buy the FSL sharklets for my newborn nephew instead of a baby shark? :ph34r::D

Baby_Shark_plush_front2_grande.jpg?v=152

• Haha 2

Patrick Hildebrand

We all have v4.5 !!! :)

• Thanks 2

Ramon De Valencia

If you check the forums you will find out that many complains are not p3dv5 related.

I also mentioned in this forum like 1 week ago, DX12 is a total different platform with a lot of improvements in the CPU usage in exchange of a higher VRAM usage. it was properly explain by @Markus Burkhard here:

Having said that, it took LM 5 versions and a lot of hotfixes to reach V4 an optimal stage. V5 is only 3 weeks old, it already have 1 hotfix, and some stuff are still pending to be fixed. But, V5 is game changer for sure, we have been able to look further, with more autogen, better colors, and with a lot better performance.

I just want my FSL planes in V5, is the best therapy after 50 days locked at home...

• Thanks 1

Tobias Gövert
8 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

it seems that the enhanced atmoshpheric stuff drops the frames really hard. for me it went from 60 to 30 that was when i just installed v5 fresh.

Same here, running on a GTX1060 6GB, fresh HF install and with everything default. But I don't care about this atm, because I don't like the look of the new clouds anyway :D But that can change obviously.