Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Andrew Wilson
5 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

I have this doubt but the map will also work offline or only with AVSIM

Do you mean Vatsim? No - the ATC sectors are linked to your ATSU settings, and will display either VATSIM or IVAO online stations. You don't need to be connected to either network to see online stations. 

The traffic overlay simply displays traffic around you in P3D. It doesn't matter what injects that traffic (Vatsim/IVAO/AI generators) - this gives you a realtime display of traffic around your aircraft. 

The real time weather/SIGMET overlays require your P3D session to be running in real time (+/- 2hours).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Gents- this thread has run its course. If you have specific issues, please post in another thread in appropriate forums. Thank you for entertaining us for so long with this one until the Sha

Posted Images

phil highton
2 hours ago, Ryan Spellman said:

Glad to pay a 10% premium to have it right now. Shes gorgeous and I want to play with her before I have to go back to work for 4 days 

really young man !! :lol:

• Haha 1
Guy Owen
20 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

I have this doubt but the map will also work offline or only with AVSIM

From what I can gather is uses the sim data so it will work offline with AI you have in the sim.

• Thanks 1
Danny Moore
1 hour ago, Florian Mooijaart said:

True that! I really hope in one way that the next A3XX will be the A350. Absolutely Love. That. Cockpit. And with the skill and precision that FSLABS makes Addons, that will be godlike. 
But its still all speculation from my point. 

But first: the Sharkies 

As long as you provide them with the technical data they need then you might get an A350. I'm still betting on a A330.

Steven Silva
25 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Do you mean Vatsim? No - the ATC sectors are linked to your ATSU settings, and will display either VATSIM or IVAO online stations. You don't need to be connected to either network to see online stations. 

The traffic overlay simply displays traffic around you in P3D. It doesn't matter what injects that traffic (Vatsim/IVAO/AI generators) - this gives you a realtime display of traffic around your aircraft. 

The real time weather/SIGMET overlays require your P3D session to be running in real time (+/- 2hours).

13 minutes ago, Guy Owen said:

From what I can gather is uses the sim data so it will work offline with AI you have in the sim.

Andrew excuse me I was wrong it was VATSIM and thanks for the answers

Danny Moore
2 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

I can’t believe the SL are coming soon, spent most of my life here waiting.

Wasn't the Sharklets announce back in 2017? Thats 4 years ago. You must be the youngest pilot flying for Delta if most of your life was waiting on Sharklets, :lol:

Florian Mooijaart
29 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

As long as you provide them with the technical data they need then you might get an A350. I'm still betting on a A330.

Something like this?

• Like 2
Danny Moore
9 hours ago, Florian Mooijaart said:

Something like this?

Thats some great information. Didn't know this much detailed information was available. You just might get what you want after all. ;)

David Norfolk
11 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

Wasn't the Sharklets announce back in 2017? Thats 4 years ago. You must be the youngest pilot flying for Delta if most of your life was waiting on Sharklets, :lol:

& they first teased the sharklets with the 321x at Cosford with the wallpaper. Oh boy time flies 

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

So I guess to enter something into the EFB in the virtual cockpit, you use your real keyboard (how does this not conflict with other functions btw?) and if you use your real tablet, you’ll have the standard mobile pop-up keys, right? 

Florian Mooijaart
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

So I guess to enter something into the EFB in the virtual cockpit, you use your real keyboard (how does this not conflict with other functions btw?) and if you use your real tablet, you’ll have the standard mobile pop-up keys, right? 

It might be the same 'key input' style like on the MCDU I suppose. Click somewhere to change to EFB input and click again on the same spot when you're done. 

Asher Yearwood

Is the sharklets pack a completely different paintkit or just an added texture the aircraft reads? 

Also in regards to the efb, on my personal tablet would the session log off after a certain time not in use? 

Andrew Wilson
19 minutes ago, Florian Mooijaart said:

Something like this?

Sorry Florian - we don't allow hosting of official Airbus documentation, so I've removed the file.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Florian Mooijaart
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Sorry Florian - we don't allow hosting of official Airbus documentation, so I've removed the file.

Thanks for your understanding. 

Apologies Andrew!, May I link to the PDF instead or also rather not?

Stu Antonio
Just now, Florian Mooijaart said:

It might be the same 'key input' style like on the MCDU I suppose. Click somewhere to change to EFB input and click again on the same spot when you're done. 

Sounds reasonable.
I wonder if there will be an option to have a „klickable“ popup keyboard on the virtual tablet as well, like on a real one. I like to enter stuff with as little use of the real keyboard as possible, I never use the keyboard function for the mcdu for example.

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Asher Yearwood said:

Is the sharklets pack a completely different paintkit or just an added texture the aircraft reads? 

Also in regards to the efb, on my personal tablet would the session log off after a certain time not in use? 

It is just like the mcdu so accessible through a browser so I doubt there is a log off point. You do have to be in the aircraft for it to work.

• Like 1
Miguel de gonzalo
3 hours ago, Florian Mooijaart said:

AFAIK it's a difference of about 40 km so yeah. Pretty much the same

thanks for the answer :)

Miguel de gonzalo

Another question , one it is release , will i have  to delete fslabs and make a fresh installation , or no ? cause ive got 4k liveryes and all this stuff.

Thanks ;)

Florian Wolf

First theoretical Sharklet flying possibility on Saturday for me, so fingers crossed!!!

Florian Mooijaart
6 minutes ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Another question , one it is release , will i have  to delete fslabs and make a fresh installation , or no ? cause ive got 4k liveryes and all this stuff.

Thanks ;)

Not needed I assume!, the SL is a seperate addon with a seperate installer, so you can just keep all your liveries!

Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Thanks ;)

Well there could be an update to the existing line up which you might need to install first. You generally don’t need to do a fresh install.

Antonio King

Quick, someone put on their Sherlock hat and find the amount of time between the last NDA that was lifted and when the release came out. 

San Lin
9 minutes ago, Antonio King said:

Quick, someone put on their Sherlock hat and find the amount of time between the last NDA that was lifted and when the release came out. 

a few days

Florian Mooijaart

It will be released soon ™

• Haha 5
Guy Owen
7 minutes ago, Florian Mooijaart said:

It will be released soon ™

I love the “TM” mark after that :lol:

• Haha 3
Felipe Araujo
On 4/17/2021 at 9:34 AM, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Realistically, guys, don't expect a release until a few days after you see us lift the NDA. I wouldn't normally have to repeat this, but I understand some of you are becoming way too anxious for your own good - please, go outside, enjoy some fresh air and come back and post back here how lovely it was :).

Let's keep this in mind.

Danny Moore
1 hour ago, Tyler Colvin said:

WE NEED MORE SCREENSHOTS OF THE U.S CARRIERS!!!:D

European company and I believe the majority of the tester are from Europe so that’s probably why 95% favor those liveries. There are a few U.S. livery photos a few post up. 
Link

Victor Chandra

Any SEA Carriers guys? Like Batik or Citilink or Airasia?

Ross McDonagh
12 hours ago, alex story said:

i had a feeling those pics looed familiar.

I was gonna tag you but I didn’t want to blow up your spot lol

Ross McDonagh
7 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

From your lips to their ears!   #ReleaseTheSharks 

• Like 1
alex story
1 hour ago, Ross McDonagh said:

I was gonna tag you but I didn’t want to blow up your spot lol

its all good bro.

• Like 1
Marc Stanford

#ReleaseTheSharks

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Khoa Nguyen
3 hours ago, Tyler Colvin said:

WE NEED MORE SCREENSHOTS OF THE U.S CARRIERS!!!:D

No, we need the shark now not screenshots anymore :P

Deniz Sarper

release it on Friday so you would make me my 30 birthday the perfect in this covid times :)

Robert Sutherland
7 minutes ago, Leiwei Li said:

With all the beautiful pics days become years now.

Only yesterday you were worrying about it being a longer delay until the NDA would be lifted. Have patience and faith in the process. It'll be worth it when it's released :) 

• Like 2
Quentin BERTRAND

Hi guys,

NDA lifted, what a great move ! 

Could anyone post a lovely AirFrance Sharklets one ? 

Thanks guys,

Leiwei Li
2 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Only yesterday you were worrying about it being a longer delay until the NDA would be lifted. Have patience and faith in the process. It'll be worth it when it's released :) 

I believe it will be worth the waiting. Thanks.

Norman Blackburn

Could anyone post a lovely AirFrance Sharklets one ?

2021-5-6_9-53-17-559.jpg

• Like 4
  • Haha 8
  • Sad 1
Greg Marshall
23 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

2021-5-6_9-53-17-559.jpg

Norman - were you captain on this flight? Whoever done the walkaround needs a good talking too :lol:

• Haha 1
Aaron Brand

Sorry I joined in late posting screenshots since the NDA was lifted.  I was a bit busy yesterday.  Just fired up my sim and took these.  The first one basically just shows the WTF and the Sharklet side by side and the second screenshot shows one of my favorite liveriesWTF-Shark.thumb.jpeg.78ccc84cdb94c64cf809bfad9733ec5c.jpegG-EZOA.thumb.jpeg.60e9e1392360882e4a41260c7d5fe01a.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
Adrian Fosco
4 minutes ago, Aaron Brand said:

Sorry I joined in late posting screenshots since the NDA was lifted.  I was a bit busy yesterday.  Just fired up my sim and took these.  The first one basically just shows the WTF and the Sharklet side by side and the second screenshot shows one of my favorite liveriesWTF-Shark.thumb.jpeg.78ccc84cdb94c64cf809bfad9733ec5c.jpegG-EZOA.thumb.jpeg.60e9e1392360882e4a41260c7d5fe01a.jpeg

Wow, what Reshade preset do you use? :) How many fps do you get with those settings? i bet less than 5...

• Like 1
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic