Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Stefan van Hierden
9 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

A321 WTF is currently in maintenance, it's all Norman's fault

Well, I was off a little while so I must have missed the A32x was unflyable. To bad if true for you. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Marvin Toepfer

New hype even before a NDA lifted for the SL? :lol:

• Haha 2
Danny Moore
13 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

5840dc.gif

• Haha 1
Norman Blackburn
12 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

Have you considered it has lifted and we testers are just shy? :P 

• Like 1
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2
Marvin Toepfer
10 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

As I know you are not shy I didn’t considered that :D

• Haha 1
Daniel Jaffe

Is it time to start a thread for bug reporting?  I'll start: I can't download the SL.

• Haha 5
Marlon Carter
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Don't be shy Norman, we're all your friends here.....and sharing is caring!

Marc Stanford
2 hours ago, Marlon Carter said:

Don't be shy Norman, we're all your friends here.....and sharing is caring!

Norman sharing is caring! Release the Sharklets pls

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
Danny Moore
4 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

again no BB-SL-strem tonight :(

Just a feeling but I don't see that happening until the middle of the month IF we're lucky. Maybe around the time of the next maintenance release.

San Lin
Just now, Danny Moore said:

Just a feeling but I don't see that happening until the middle of the month IF we're lucky.

Last year Very optimistically, by the end of the month.

Daniel Jaffe
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I noticed that too.  I'm a little surprised at the delay.  Comparing it to say iniBuilds Beluga roll-out, where there were lots of streams and the product was released in a few days, FS Labs sort of missed an opportunity.  Indeed, going through the trouble of producing a fancy preview and then having the developers join a dual stream made it seem like the release was  imminent.  Doubt it will hurt sales in the end, but still a bit odd.

• Thanks 1
Leiwei Li
16 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

quite normal, isnt it? 

San Lin

To be honest, I think fslabs started stream immediately after Promo Video was premiered last month, and let two developers join the stream for Q & A.It makes people feel that he is not far away from the release.This is really a very effective way to build momentum for products and expand sales. But it's really hard for me to understand why we can't use this method when it's about to be released. Instead, after using this method, we have waited for totally one month, and it hasn't been released yet, and let the popularity drop. Maybe they have other means to build momentum, or they are very confident in their products. In fact, their products are excellent.

Stu Antonio
9 minutes ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

I noticed that too.  I'm a little surprised at the delay.  Comparing it to say iniBuilds Beluga roll-out, where there were lots of streams and the product was released in a few days, FS Labs sort of missed an opportunity.  Indeed, going through the trouble of producing a fancy preview and then having the developers join a dual stream made it seem like the release was  imminent.  Doubt it will hurt sales in the end, but still a bit odd.

Yeah.... I'd also call it a delay by now. Something might be wrong behind the scenes, maybe bigger bugs than they thought. The "soon" is busted (imo), "early 2021" is busted, "short promo" is busted.... I wonder if we'll get an official statement on this... Right now, it could be really anything, from tomorrow to 2022 which is a little unsatisfying tbh. ... And I'm really annoyed by my own, constantly false expectations.

• Like 4
Florian Wolf
3 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Yeah.... I'd also call it a delay by now. Something might be wrong behind the scenes, maybe bigger bugs than they thought. The "soon" is busted (imo), "early 2021" is busted, "short promo" is busted.... I wonder if we'll get an official statement on this... Right now, it could be really anything, from tomorrow to 2022 which is a little unsatisfying tbh. ... And I'm really annoyed by my own, constantly false expectations.

I don‘t need SLs anymore, Lufthansa will bring back D-AIZE and D-AIZD as wtf A320s into service on MAY22 so no issue^^

Joking, would be great ofc, but yeah well I don‘t understand from what point that „shorter“ promo period was meant to be. It comes when it comes and the current A320s are fine although that preview stream really triggers me...

• Like 1
Daniel Jaffe
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

And I'm really annoyed by my own, constantly false expectations.

Spot on!

Leiwei Li
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I did what Lefteris suggested the other day like going out and not way too anxious. And for now, any other suggestions please?:D

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
Just now, Leiwei Li said:

I did what Lefteris suggested the other day like going out and not way too anxious. And for now, any other suggestions please?:D

The world is pretty big, try  going another direction.

Andrew Morris
12 hours ago, Ryan Spellman said:

Howdy. Here’s some tease

E60C25D8-174C-4CAE-A3D0-02115E1CE6C8.jpeg

013D53A3-9874-43CC-A75A-C1906AEE5758.jpeg

01FFA2D9-91C4-4ABC-9289-D2101198C80E.jpeg

WOW! It's so life-like. What settings are you using? :lol:

• Like 1
Patrick Hildebrand
8 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

I don‘t need SLs anymore, Lufthansa will bring back D-AIZE and D-AIZD as wtf A320s into service on MAY22 so no issue^^

Joking, would be great ofc, but yeah well I don‘t understand from what point that „shorter“ promo period was meant to be. It comes when it comes and the current A320s are fine although that preview stream really triggers me...

D–AIZO and D–AIZN will get Sharklets :wub:

• Like 1
San Lin

I don't think we are going through a shorter promotion period, but a longer.

Here, I even need to look up Oxford Advanced Learner's dictionary to understand the meaning of soon, shorter,almost,and early:P

Stu Antonio

I don't have the problem not knowing what to do with myself. I have more to do than I have time in my life. And I enjoy the WTFs more than ever, almost on a daily basis! That's not the point. 
But as an passionate, engaged and loyal member of this community, I'm just starting to get a little annoyed by getting screamed "SHARKLETS" into my ear for over a year now. At some point, it just gets exhausting. Forgive me for saying this, but honestly, I rather be passionate than indifferent about my hobby(s).

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
António Abreu
1 hour ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Following up on your joke, I suspect that when the so called Sharlets versions get released most of the front line companies will be using ... NEOs only! That may not be very far from the truth though ... so not so much of a joke but something to think about together with FS2020 and the fast evolving FBW A320 NEO. "The stone age did not end due to lack of stone".

Florian Wolf
28 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Yuuup so cool!!

And already in 2021!!

• Like 1
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
6 minutes ago, António Abreu said:

Following up on your joke, I suspect that when the so called Sharlets versions get released most of the front line companies will be using ... NEOs only! That may not be very far from the truth though ... so not so much of a joke but something to think about together with MS2020 and the fast evolving FBW A320 NEO. "The stone age did not end due to lack of stone".

Nothing wrong with stone age airplanes. I'm so excited about Concorde :wub:

• Like 1
Danny Moore
40 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Yeah.... I'd also call it a delay by now. Something might be wrong behind the scenes, maybe bigger bugs than they thought. 

Another possibility might be that it wasn't ready or close to release to begin with. All the hype (Streams/Promo Video) was released at the end of the early 2021 window allowing them more time to finish up on the Sharklets. 

San Lin
1 minute ago, Danny Moore said:

Another possibility might be that it wasn't ready or close to release to begin with. All the hype (Streams/Promo Video) was released at the end of the early 2021 window allowing them more time to finish up on the Sharklets. 

So they say that the early 2021 release is actually the release of videos, not products?:ph34r:

Leiwei Li
1 minute ago, San Lin said:

So they say that the early 2021 release is actually the release of videos, not products?:ph34r:

Which is, the truth.

Danny Moore
10 minutes ago, San Lin said:

I'm sure they were hoping for an early 2021 release but as we all know things happen. If I missed the unofficial release windows I would release my promo video and Q&A to give me more time to finish the project. 

Steven Silva

I would like FSLABS not to say what is happening with all this delay

Danny Moore
4 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

They won't as it is none of our business on what goes on behind the scenes. We can all speculate but it doesn't change the outcome. 

Leiwei Li
4 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

I'd like they say something like having found big bugs which makes great delay so that I can have enough time continuing going out for another direction.

• Thanks 1
Daniel Jaffe
2 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

I'm sure they were hoping for an early 2021 release but as we all know things happen. If I missed the unofficial release windows I would release a promo video and Q&A to give me more time to finish the project. 

Just to play devil's advocate, I don't think I would release an expensive video and bother with a Q&A just to buy more time.  For one thing, they demoed the look, features and operations of a whole slew of things for the SL models, and if it was still a work in progress, they might have to backtrack on those representations.  And thinking back on the Q&A, they could have easily signaled that more time was needed, but they didn't.  

Anyway, the speculation is in full swing.

Steven Silva
2 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

They won't as it is none of our business on what goes on behind the scenes. We can all speculate but it doesn't change the outcome. 

SR. but we are clients and the client has the right to know :mellow:

Marvin Toepfer
3 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

We have not the right to know what is going on behind the scenes ;) I understand all frustration but this thread is really close to drift in a completely wrong direction

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
Danny Moore
1 minute ago, Steven Silva said:

Actually we don't on an unreleased product as you have not purchased the Sharklets yet. Being a customer of the WTF or even Concorde doesn't entitle us to anything Sharklet related. Even if you owned the Sharklets you have no rights to know except to get support for the product. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

That's not how it works i'm afraid 

Greg Marshall
11 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

Definitely not. We may own an iPhone/iPad but that doesn't entitle us to know what Apple are planning or doing behind the scenes for example.

• Haha 1