Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

David Spaulding

I think streams and previews is a way to control negative press but also increases their chance of a sale. Every business controls negative press from plumbing to carpentry to car sales to software developing. If FSL has enough positive feedback going to customers, the customers desire for the sale is more solidified. Therefore, this impacts the chance in a positive way of you getting their product and them getting your cash. (Also they do it because they know we are fans of this hobby too) I do agree, I think at one point it can go a bit overboard, but that’s the basic idea as to why they do it. I remember in the day when there wasn’t streams or previews from 3rd parties. All you got was a brick and mortar store with shelves full of boxes with pictures and a well authored description on the back. Has the times changed?

LOL! ….and if you wanted a review, you looked at the next guy over and asked him for his opinion. So simple back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Thanks 1
Steven Silva

I'm going to do an OFF-TOPIC looking at a texture here in FSLABS in the downloads section of liberys you can see that they hid the pilots that are seen inside the cockpit. Is this possible or is it only an edition I would like when the avios is parked on the ramp

DynamicReflectionMaker_flzWUf3AZF.png.23

• Like 1
Marvin Toepfer
4 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

I'm going to do an OFF-TOPIC looking at a texture here in FSLABS in the downloads section of liberys you can see that they hid the pilots that are seen inside the cockpit. Is this possible or is it only an edition I would like when the avios is parked on the ramp

DynamicReflectionMaker_flzWUf3AZF.png.23

The screen is not made inside the p3d but in the dynamic reflection maker. We use that for a preview during painting.

so - no option ;) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Steven Silva
6 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

The screen is not made inside the p3d but in the dynamic reflection maker. We use that for a preview during painting.

so - no option ;) 

ok Thank you Marvin

Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l

The hype is gone. Defintely. At least for me...

What we really need, are not the sharkies. We need an A320neo and an A350. No A320ceo again...

Anyway, yesterday I changed the FSL to the airport.

20210501_1033_0029n5k3u.png

• Like 8
  • Sad 1
San Lin

After a year's waiting from last year(Apr 16th) to this year, after waiting for the early 2021 , after waiting for a shorter promotion period , after waiting for the wait is almost over,after waiting for the soon to be released, after waiting for Promo video,after waiting for stream,after waiting for shotscreen,after waiting for NDA lifted. It's up to you. I know you need to keep improving. I know you need high-quality add-on.So....BYE :lol:

• Like 1
Alex Pugh
25 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

This threads gone from being hyped up to being depressed...dammm

Just wait until it dawns on people that if it took two years for sharklets and an EFB, imagine how long A3XX will take...

• Like 1
Steven Silva
47 minutes ago, San Lin said:

After a year's waiting from last year(Apr 16th) to this year, after waiting for the early 2021 , after waiting for a shorter promotion period , after waiting for the wait is almost over,after waiting for the soon to be released, after waiting for Promo video,after waiting for stream,after waiting for shotscreen,after waiting for NDA lifted. It's up to you. I know you need to keep improving. I know you need high-quality add-on.So....BYE :lol:

ok Bye we see you later 

David Norfolk
9 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

Guys have a look in the calendar :lol:

Why the calendar? 

John Price
18 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

It’s Easter in Greece :)

The quality of the investigative work and abductive reasoning on this thread is quite brilliant at times. It's like reading a Sherlock Holmes book.

David Norfolk
7 minutes ago, John Price said:

The quality of the investigative work and abductive reasoning on this thread is quite brilliant at times. It's like reading a Sherlock Holmes book.

Captain Price! You're real!

John Price
20 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Captain Price! You're real!

Last time I checked, yes. Is there a fictional version of me I'm not aware of?

David Norfolk
Just now, John Price said:

Last time I checked, yes. Is there a fictional version of me I'm not aware of?

Call Of Duty mate 

John Price
48 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Call Of Duty mate 

:D oh yes I recall now. Pretty common name. The character was voiced by a chap who appeared in a British police drama series called The Bill. 

Danny Moore
Just wait until it dawns on people that if it took two years for sharklets and an EFB, imagine how long A3XX will take...

I’m really hoping it’s an A330 series.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3
Danny Moore
18 hours ago, Steven Silva said:
ok Bye we see you later 

He’s not going anywhere, LOL. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha 1
Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, John Price said:

Glad I could help ^_^

• Haha 1
Thanos Anogiatis

Let me also share another secret.

The second day of Easter is also a public holiday and the 1st of May public holiday (Sunday) has been moved on Tuesday the 4th.

Come back to the thread in a week. :D

Happy flying !

Thanos Anogiatis

• Like 1
NilsUnger

I don't know what it's worth, but for a brief moment today, there was a livery available for download for the A321SL. It vanished shortly thereafter. It was from one of the members sporting these nice sharklet badges. :ph34r:

• Like 1
Florian Wolf

Uh nice that was the same with the A319 release

Stu Antonio
20 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

I don't know what it's worth, but for a brief moment today, there was a livery available for download for the A321SL. It vanished shortly thereafter. It was from one of the members sporting these nice sharklet badges. :ph34r:

I just got a tiny deflection on my hype-o-meter...

Norman Blackburn
21 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

It was from one of the members sporting these nice sharklet badges.

It was my fault, not theirs and was corrected in a few seconds.  Some very eagle eyed people but not so quick as to get it.

NilsUnger
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

It was my fault, not theirs and was corrected in a few seconds.  Some very eagle eyed people but not so quick as to get it.

Why would I want to get it? :P

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, NilsUnger said:

Why would I want to get it? :P

Oh trust me, we know what some people are like :D 

Steven Silva
54 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

it will be some sign

Koen Meier
1 hour ago, NilsUnger said:

They always upload new liveries to the system best chance to check is through the activities tab I feel

• Confused 1
David Norfolk
19 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

I figured out how FSLabs determines release dates, :lol:

Wheel.jpg

2022 isn't on there bro

• Haha 3
Danny Moore
26 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

2022 isn't on there bro

To be honest I was going to add it but I'm going to have faith that it won't take that long. I least I hope not. :rolleyes:

But the term SOON can be used as an indefinite placeholder. 

Marc Stanford

It's always a great day to recall a MD-88 out of the hangar and fly until the SLs are delivered...

• Confused 2
Stefan van Hierden
3 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

It's always a great day to recall a MD-88 out of the hangar and fly until the SLs are delivered...

Or just the A32x WTF what is still (for me) the best add on out there.

• Like 1
Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, Stefan van Hierden said:

Or just the A32x WTF what is still (for me) the best add on out there.

A321 WTF is currently in maintenance, it's all Norman's fault

• Confused 4
Danny Moore
A321 WTF is currently in maintenance, it's all Norman's fault

I’m sure he’s not going out of his way to break your FSLabs A321 so you can go and fly other developers products (777/MD-88). You have an FSLabs A320 sitting around collecting dust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
duartevieira
19 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

No wonder with all the waiting 

• Like 1
Koen Meier
19 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

indeed and to an extent it could should have been locked a while back.

Edited by Koen Meier
  • Like 1
Tim Nitz
15 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

indeed and to an extent it could have been locked a while back.

Replace could with should.

Amazing

Edited by Tim Nitz
Ross McDonagh
On 4/30/2021 at 5:42 AM, Stu Antonio said:

Are you requesting a popcorn-maker in the cockpit next?

No but a cappuccino machine would really be outstanding for the JetBlue A321-231SL redeye flights :D

• Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic