Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Where's the Concorde Hype thread? :D 

Let's get sharks out first perhaps ;)

• Like 2
Marc Stanford

Don't worry we're currently working on a task force to get the FSL team out safely.

• Haha 2
Marc Stanford

Very good chance it will be released next month.

Steven Silva
19 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

I bet that if the launch happened in the next month of May, I would dare to say that it would be launched in the middle or end of that month. It is only my guess because as everyone I know how FSLABS policies are

Marc Stanford
8 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

I bet that if the launch happened in the next month of May, I would dare to say that it would be launched in the middle or end of that month. It is only my guess because as everyone I know how FSLABS policies are

Ok mid May, place your bets!

Marvin Toepfer
27 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Would mean June in my timezone :lol:

• Haha 1
Norman Blackburn
Just now, Marvin Toepfer said:

Would mean June in my timezone :lol:

Same here. 

9 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

It is only my guess because as everyone I know how FSLABS policies are

What policies are those please Steven?

Steven Silva
1 minute ago, Marc Stanford said:

Ok mid May, place your bets!

Marc or you, what would you think about that?

Steven Silva
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Same here. 

What policies are those please Steven?

that FSLABS never gives release dates and that they launch an addon when they think it's ready or am I wrong? 

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Steven Silva said:

that FSLABS never gives release dates and that they launch an addon when they think it's ready or am I wrong? 

Correct but I don't see how that comes to be mid May. Or indeed any other date.

Steven Silva
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Correct but I don't see how that comes to be mid May. Or indeed any other date.

it's just my guess, nothing more

Norman Blackburn
Just now, David Spaulding said:

Without digging through this 6500+ monstrosity, is the A319 SL "planned"?

No.

Marvin Toepfer
Just now, David Spaulding said:

Without digging through this 6500+ monstrosity, is the A319 SL "planned"?

No, but was only mentioned a few hundred times :lol:

David Spaulding

Quick I need to lift my spirits.

How the Concorde Was Supposed to Change Travel (But Didn't) | Condé Nast  Traveler

Plus I guess I'll have to get the nacho A319.

• Like 2
Marc Stanford

You know I've been flying and learning the Boeing 777-200/ER at DVA, it's my current equipment program. Very interesting plane but anyways I got myself distracted until the SL is ready for release. Once it comes out then the SL will be used for short-medium range routes and the 772 will be used for long range. It's interesting how Boeing and Airbus FBW differ!

Pascal Wagner
19 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Definitely feel envious of anyone that gets to fly at the moment. 

Will be back in the air sunday 9ish pm. And according flight radar it will be again a 321 sl. This is so crazy. Domestic travel is almost at pre pandemic level here in the US.

Cheers flightsimmers. 

Dont know why but I have never and i mean literally never been so often airborne since Corona. Since march last year on average every second week flying. This is so odd while in Europe almost everyone is kinda grounded. 

Nice weekend to everyone and happy landings. 

So excited to see the beautiful Airbus tomorrow again. 

John Price
10 hours ago, David Spaulding said:

Quick I need to lift my spirits.

How the Concorde Was Supposed to Change Travel (But Didn't) | Condé Nast  Traveler

Plus I guess I'll have to get the nacho A319.

What a beautiful machine that thing was.

By the way chaps, 146 pages. I applaud your tenacity :P

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

Happy one month anniversary , :)

.. .and welcome to official "Mid 2021". :) 

• Haha 2
San Lin

Today is a special day. One month has passed since the maintenance update, four weeks has passed since the premiere of promo video, and How long does it take to lift NDA and release it?

Alex Pugh
21 minutes ago, San Lin said:

Today is a special day. One month has passed since the maintenance update, four weeks has passed since the premiere of promo video, and How long does it take to lift NDA and release it?

No one knows, and no one is going to tell you. 

Daniel Jaffe

The livestreams from Blackbox 777 and AirbusFTW will probably roll-off Twitch soon.  I wonder if FSL will want to rollout another streaming session just to keep us on our the edge of our seats.

Danny Moore
2 minutes ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

The livestreams from Blackbox 777 and AirbusFTW will probably roll-off Twitch soon.  I wonder if FSL will want to rollout another streaming session just to keep us on our the edge of our seats.

Probably not required as it will be released soon.....

• Haha 1
Steven Silva
4 minutes ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

hmm no

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

I can‘t say that I am in a huge need of another streamers preview tbh. Don‘t know why this is always part of the release process.... Maybe they have some sort of collaboration/contract... 

• Like 1
Marvin Toepfer

I don’t want to see anything anymore until release :lol: then I only want it even more! 

• Like 1
Maxime Guy
14 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I can‘t say that I am in a huge need of another streamers preview tbh. Don‘t know why this is always part of the release process.... Maybe they have some sort of collaboration/contract... 

I agree, as a preview I understand, but no need for 3-4 streams.

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

As I see it the preview streams is just a way for fslabs to thank the beta testers for all their work by giving them a big viewers count and bring them new followers.

I'm pretty sure they don't delay the release of any product just to accomodate a few streams.

It can also serve as a tutorial for the new features. When the atsu was first introduced I learned how to use it watching BB streams. Noone wants to have to go through the documentation when you just bought a  product you've bee waiting for for so long, you jsut want to go and fly.

So all in all I think these preveiw streams are pretty helpful, for everyone.

Stu Antonio

18 minutes ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

Noone wants to have to go through the documentation when you just bought a  product

Well, in general, I like to read those most of the time. So, "no one" is maybe a bit exaggerated :)

18 minutes ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

I learned how to use it watching BB streams.

I can see your point and I agree, these videos are indeed helpful/informative, but imo it would be even more helpful if you actually have the product while watching/learning new features... :) Or at least, it doesn't hurt... 

• Like 1
Tim Nitz
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

I can‘t say that I am in a huge need of another streamers preview tbh.

Agreed. However for me its more due to the fact that I strongly dislike twitch in general.

• Like 4
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic