Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Daniel Reber

That driver stuff is just bad and it can´t get worse tbh. When the new driver came out, which completely broke P3D V5, I was constantly receiving an error, my graphics card stopped working when I still used the last one which worked before the broken one came out. So I switched back to a driver from January, didn´t get any error message, until today, now I´m getting the error message with this driver again. They  should just relese their new driver which is said to fix the P3D V5 problem. 

Adrian Fosco

You guys are getting error messages? With every driver newer than 16.3.21 i can't even start p3d, but anyway, you should just consider going back to 16.3.21 which works well for me, or just switch to the studio driver. But totally agreed with you.

Asher Yearwood
1 hour ago, Tim Nitz said:

Well im on a 6800XT here and also getting device hung errors that i can not replicate here and there… 

Had the same teething problems as you with my 6800xt... best thing i did to avoid them all together was game tune P3d on Radeon. I will post the settings. But the most important factor is dont let the clock speed go above 2010mhz and also make sure ur fans start at 45c 

• Thanks 1
David Norfolk
7 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

I think May is the month where we will see the SL :ph34r:

Haven't we been that the following month will be the month since January lol

Steven Silva
5 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Haven't we been that the following month will be the month since January lol

It is like love, if this month a beautiful woman does not come to me, maybe another month will come to me. so I deceive my mind (even knowing that she will never arrive) is my game with the trevol "she loves me, she does not love me ETC." so I think it would be with the SL

• Confused 1
Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Steven Silva said:

It is like love, if this month a beautiful woman does not come to me, maybe another month will come to me. so I deceive my mind (even knowing that she will never arrive) is my game with the trevol "she loves me, she does not love me ETC." so I think it would be with the SL

Bunny Wth GIF - Bunny Wth Confused GIFs

• Haha 7
M_i_k_e_V_o_g
13 hours ago, Asher Yearwood said:

Had the same teething problems as you with my 6800xt... best thing i did to avoid them all together was game tune P3d on Radeon. I will post the settings. But the most important factor is dont let the clock speed go above 2010mhz and also make sure ur fans start at 45c 

What kind of tuning?

Chris Kreuzbichler
14 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

6LAvSIz.png

• Haha 4
Daniel Jaffe
16 hours ago, Asher Yearwood said:

Definitely interested in seeing your settings . . . but maybe in a new thread.

Roger Repasky

Hey y'all! 

From the streams I heard that the satdome antenna may be movable (aft, mid, front). Will we see that feature in the sharklets and will it be rolled over into WTF at some point? Love the previews thus far!! Keep up the awesome work guys!

Asher Yearwood
1 hour ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

give me a mo

hmmm

555541.PNG

Asher Yearwood
1 hour ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

Have a look at the forums i posted my settings

• Thanks 1
Daniel Jaffe

So it's been a whole two hours without speculation.  Time to stir the pot: Blackbox711 and AirbusFTW look to have little to nothing on the schedule for the rest of the week.  AFTW says IRL commitments will limit his time.  So obviously they are both beta testing like crazy for a Sunday sharklets stream! :P

Danny Moore
1 hour ago, Bryan Samok said:

Well on the bright side for NVIDIA users, they have finally released a game ready driver that doesn't crash P3D...

I'm still on 460.79. I wonder if it's worth updating now. 

Bryan Samok
3 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

I'm still on 460.79. I wonder if it's worth updating now. 

I mean they said they came out with multiple improvements from that version to this latest version + it has the fix so P3D doesn't crash. Why not update. 

Timm Rehberg
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

As with every GPU driver update, I fail to see any direct "improvement" while flying...

If you expect 10-15FPS more, you can stop dreaming.

If you expect a better "performance" you need to test in the same area, same weather, same time etc.. ;) 

Stu Antonio
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

If you expect a better "performance" you need to test in the same area, same weather, same time etc.. ;) 

Yes. And you probably need some analytics-tools to measure the effect. 
I'm not expecting anything though, my performance is great. I'm just saying new drivers doesn't always mean you'll have an incredible new experience, as some people suggest. 

San Lin
3 hours ago, Daniel Jaffe said:

So it's been a whole two hours without speculation.  Time to stir the pot: Blackbox711 and AirbusFTW look to have little to nothing on the schedule for the rest of the week.  AFTW says IRL commitments will limit his time.  So obviously they are both beta testing like crazy for a Sunday sharklets stream! :P

What is IRL?

• Haha 1
Danny Moore
If you expect a better "performance" you need to test in the same area, same weather, same time etc..  

For myself I’m not looking for a magic increase in FPS with new drivers. I just want to make sure I’m running drivers that work best for my 3090.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pascal Wagner

Today over the Mississippi. Delta really has put me since the beginning of this year always in a 321 SL. This is awesome. This means something. 

IMG_20210429_170702.jpg

Marc Stanford

Where's the magic school bus? Cmon FSL only the Sharklets can serve this purpose!

Patrick Muehlmann
On 4/28/2021 at 11:40 PM, Marvin Toepfer said:

which year? :lol:

SOOOOOOOOON !!!! 

Can't you make a paint for the virtual FSLabs „SooooooonAir“  of course without SL !!! ;)

Stu Antonio

Can't believe a month passed since the maintenance update was released "in preparation for [the] upcoming A320-X and A321-X Sharklets products which are soon to be released" and almost 4 weeks since the promo trailer. And I'm kinda afraid that there's another maintenance/preparation update in the chamber... 

• Like 1
Marc Stanford
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Can't believe a month passed since the maintenance update was released "in preparation for [the] upcoming A320-X and A321-X Sharklets products which are soon to be released" and almost 4 weeks since the promo trailer. And I'm kinda afraid that there's another maintenance/preparation update in the chamber... 

If there is there better be the Amazon EFB with Prime Video in it.

Stu Antonio
9 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

If there is there better be the Amazon EFB with Prime Video in it.

1st of all, I wasn't talking about the sharklet (release). I was just pointing out that with several bugs spottet after .151, there's a chance that the current range (WTF) will receive yet another update prior/in preparation for the sharklet release. Or, it will come at the same time, who knows.

2nd, sorry, could you please stop requesting "entertainment-features" for the EFB?
I don't get that, why do you want to watch a digital movie on a simulated device in a simulation on your computer???? That doesn't make sense on so many levels! Real pilots don't watch movies on the EFB either, so why do you keep asking for youtube and netflix and gaming functionalities?? Just take your real tablet or watch a movie on your TV or don't go flightsimmin', if that's so boring you need to do other stuff to enjoy it... .idk man, but imho Amazon Prime Video and the EFB has just nothing to do with each other. Are you requesting a popcorn-maker in the cockpit next?

• Like 12
Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Patrick Muehlmann said:

SOOOOOOOOON !!!! 

Can't you make a paint for the virtual FSLabs „SooooooonAir“  of course without SL !!! ;)

Don't know that airline :P

No WTF planned for now and all SL paints are on hold until release of the paintkit a I expect a few minor changes.

Jean-Marc Chofflet
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

1st of all, I wasn't talking about the sharklet (release). I was just pointing out that with several bugs spottet after .151, there's a chance that the current range (WTF) will receive yet another update prior/in preparation for the sharklet release. Or, it will come at the same time, who knows.

2nd, sorry, could you please stop requesting "entertainment-features" for the EFB?
I don't get that, why do you want to watch a digital movie on a simulated device in a simulation on your computer???? That doesn't make sense on so many levels! Real pilots don't watch movies on the EFB either, so why do you keep asking for youtube and netflix and gaming functionalities?? Just take your real tablet or watch a movie on your TV or don't go flightsimmin', if that's so boring you need to do other stuff to enjoy it... .idk man, but imho Amazon Prime Video and the EFB has just nothing to do with each other. Are you requesting a popcorn-maker in the cockpit next?

I'm sure Marc was just joking...

It seems this wait has some side effects on nerves ;)

Beware of the SL backlash when they'll be released

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Danny Moore
It seems this wait has some side effects on nerves ;)
Beware of the SL backlash when they'll be released

I agree with Stu. This is not the first time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stu Antonio
16 minutes ago, Jean-Marc Chofflet said:

Not 100% sure :), but even if so, if you keep making the same joke again and again, it tends to get unfunny :) 

• Like 2
Jean-Marc Chofflet
27 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Not 100% sure :), but even if so, if you keep making the same joke again and again, it tends to get unfunny :) 

agreed

didn't notice it was a recurrent request

San Lin
15 minutes ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

Looks like the team is going on vacation for the weekend =)

1982150480_Capturedecran2021-04-30a15_34_37.png.5180ff3141d66201d72f4416bace04c4.png

Norman's starting to fly CONC.Does it mean that the sharklet‘s beta is over?

Marvin Toepfer
22 minutes ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

Looks like the team is going on vacation for the weekend =)

1982150480_Capturedecran2021-04-30a15_34_37.png.5180ff3141d66201d72f4416bace04c4.png

pls nooo...strictly quarantine rules over there. in that case, SL delay until further notice.

• Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic