Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Victor Chandra
1 hour ago, San Lin said:

Good morning.I read this thread just like reading a newspaper when I eat breakfast every day

Yep, same for me

Oh wow, welcome to pages 143 :)

Marlon Carter

I'm not sure if anyone on the development team can answer this just yet, but apart from what we've already seen, can we expect a few hidden surprises in the new release?

Norman Blackburn
5 minutes ago, Marlon Carter said:

I'm not sure if anyone on the development team can answer this just yet, but apart from what we've already seen, can we expect a few hidden surprises in the new release?

Maybe.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
David Spaulding
So a FA will come into the cockpit to tell me Im the cutest pilot she's flown with so far?default_wub.png

Nah, I’m waiting for an AML and a radio frequency to call for a mechanic to come and and ask if I “put it in the book”, roll their eyes, and pencil whip any write up I make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Haha 1
Marvin Toepfer
37 minutes ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

So a FA will come into the cockpit to tell me Im the cutest pilot she's flown with so far?:wub:

reality: „hi, it’s Norman! That’s the cabin secure for takeoff!“ 

• Like 2
davide montana
11 minutes ago, David Spaulding said:

Nah, I’m waiting for an AML and a radio frequency to call for a mechanic to come and and ask if I “put it in the book”, roll their eyes, and pencil whip any write up I make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

hello here is mechanic what you need? :D:D:D

Leiwei Li
42 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

The only surprise I want now is the release lmaooo 

Cant imagine how would I feel when seeing them released.

Marvin Toepfer
39 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

The only surprise I want now is the release lmaooo 

Delayed - Chris wants a FA saying he is cute <_<

Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

So a FA will come into the cockpit to tell me Im the cutest pilot she's flown with so far?:wub:

You're more likely to have an FA call you a creep and for you to get a reputation for such creepiness... :D 

• Haha 2
Marc Stanford
3 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

You're more likely to have an FA call you a creep and for you to get a reputation for such creepiness... :D 

You see this is why I want the internet EFB

San Lin

I feel that the heat is declining.  Whenever the popularity drops, they will find some topics to maintain the popularity. Last time it was tags, but this is not the way after all.

• Confused 1
Florian Wolf

Nope still 18 degrees here in Stuttgart 

Danny Moore
1 hour ago, San Lin said:

I feel that the heat is declining.  Whenever the popularity drops, they will find some topics to maintain the popularity. Last time it was tags, but this is not the way after all.

Something along these lines, hahahahahaha

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :lol:

FSLABS.png

• Like 4
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Klaus Schmitzer

I decided to not read this thread anymore... I want to read one day thru the sim news over at FsElite and be happy to see that those darn soonlets are released :P

I leave behind this nice video from the first sharkiebus at vienna in the colours of Austrian Airlines:

I will see you in the air with sharklets on our wings... Soon.

• Like 8
Marc Stanford

Well when in doubt you guys know the two magic words to initiate a release...

Luke Hall

I wonder what they've managed to do with the wing flex on the SL version. I've been playing with the FBW sim A3NX in MSFS recently and they have got the flex animation absolutely nailed. I mean, It looks so fluid and realistic. It really gives the sense that the wing is under load. The current FSLabs wing flex has improved but it still looks very rigid and digital. I guess that's due to the limitations of the P3D platform?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Tim Nitz

I think its hard to compare the wing tip fence with the SL on the neo in regards to the wing flex. However if you rewatch the SL streams then you´ll see that they have done a very good job on implementing it.

• Haha 1
duartevieira
1 hour ago, Luke Hall said:

I wonder what they've managed to do with the wing flex on the SL version. I've been playing with the FBW sim A3NX in MSFS recently and they have got the flex animation absolutely nailed. I mean, It looks so fluid and realistic. It really gives the sense that the wing is under load. The current FSLabs wing flex has improved but it still looks very rigid and digital. I guess that's due to the limitations of the P3D platform?

Look at the 737 example its almost perfect so no it’s not a p3d limitation 

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, duartevieira said:

I'm not sure that even in real life a 737 wing acts the same way an A320 wing does...

• Like 1
Koen Meier
24 minutes ago, duartevieira said:

the 737 wing is a very different construction compared to the airbus wing.

• Like 3
duartevieira
41 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I'm not sure that even in real life a 737 wing acts the same way an A320 wing does...

I

mean obviously they don’t act the same I mean a Boeing and an Airbus he mentioned a limitation on the sim hence the answer 

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Just received a shipping confirmation for my new 4k monitor. Now would be about the right time to lift the NDA =)

• Like 1
Alex Pugh
20 minutes ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

Just received a shipping confirmation for my new 4k monitor. Now would be about the right time to lift the NDA =)

3 years later:

Just got my 8K monitor. When will the NDA be lifted?

• Haha 4
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

hopefully it will be for the NEO or the 380. A man can dream.

Imagine the comments in the  hype thread if they do a 380 one day. "Man I'm bored of those sharklets,  I can't wait to fly these big wing tip fences."

• Like 4
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Danny Moore said:

At this rate the Concorde will be released before the Sharklets, LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Facts or released together lol

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

I‘m sure my great-grandchildren will enjoy the release of the sharklets. That is, if the internet isn‘t having connection issues again .... on Mars.

:ph34r::D

• Haha 1
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic