Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

San Lin

I prefer A320 than A321. A321 climb to slow for me .I wanna a rocket.

Welcome to page 139.I small step to SL.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Danny Moore
$60 each is a stretch considering its Sharklets, efb (latter of which will come as an update later probably to the wtf, so i read) and other quality of life improvements, When you consider pmdg (the closest to fslabs quality wise, not better though  ) charge $99 for -800 -900 with BW and SSW if your charging $60 for the A321/ A319 that was understandable. $60 each for SL in my opinion is a stretch in my opinion, but Equally i respect your opinion as well... its all speculation at this point, I’m not concerned either way as fslabs have always had pricing on point in the past, and I’ll purchase it either way!

You didn’t need the NGX for the NGXu as it was a new release and not an expansion like the Sharklets. That is why it was $99, which was the discounted price. Also there is a lot more then just an EFB and Sharklets that went into the Sharklets. I agree, price is just a guess right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ken Knowles

I imagine pricing a product like this is a difficult decision. It represents a lot of development effort that needs to be recouped, but the challenge is many consumers won't understand that and will see it simply as an add-on to something they already have - a perception which comes with value judgements. 

There is also the challenge of entering into the SL development without really knowing the extent of the changes required - so any initial planning on pricing will need to be reworked. I imagine that's why FSL team keep pricing under their hats until the product is ready. (when they have a clear idea of what it actually cost them to develop!)

Many people will say "please make it less than xxx price or I won't/can't buy it". Of course FSL will consider that but ultimately they are free to choose between high pricing low volumes, or low pricing high volume sales to cover their costs. In the - let's face it fairly niche - market of study level A320 sims for a platform that many people are moving away from, I suspect the former model is more likely to enable them to make a profit. And that's in all our interests so they can keep making great things in the future! So get your wallets out folks.

David Norfolk

I'm confident that the pricing will be a fair one. Every expansion they've released has had a fair price. I believe that the pricing for them to set was not a easy task given the situation the worlds currently in. But also we need to remember the staff need paying & they have bills that need paying & family's to feed.. You wouldn't work for peanuts in your jobs...The same applies to them. 

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland

There will always be people who will use the 'if you price it lower, more will buy it...' line to justify arguing for a lower price, when in truth, if the product is good enough people will pay more for it. 

It's why Apple tend to have higher prices, because the price of their products tends to be backed up by the quality of the products. The same goes for some of the big flight sim developers. If you have something of quality, people will pay that premium for it knowing that they are likely to get a greater return from it. 

I just want to pay for it now. Not tomorrow. Not next week. :D 

• Confused 1
San Lin

I dont care about how much I will pay for it.I just care about when I can pay for it.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Daniel Reber

Well, I could imagine the A321-X-SL expansion cost the same or a little more than the A321-X expansion, but I´m also pretty sure, if we already own the A321-X we will not have to pay full price for the A321-X-SL but probably rather the price of the A320-X-SL expansion. I see those as addons with a different price tag with the A321-X-SL expansion being more expensive than the A320-X-SL expansion. The other way round as well of course, so in case you do NOT own the A321-X yet and you buy the A321-X-SL, you would get a big discount later on, if you wish to buy the A321-X. 

Example 1: 
ABC owns the A320-X Base Pack and wants to buy A320-X-SL and A321-X-SL, the price of the A320-X-SL expansion would be like 30$ and the price of the A321-X-SL expansion would be at 70$. Now ABC decides on buying the A321-X as well. The price of this one will be at 40$ as he/she already owns the A321-X-SL. 

Example 2: 

ABC owns the A320-X Base pack AND the A321-X expansion and would like to have the Sharklets for both of them. He/she would have to pay 30$ again for the A320-X-SL and 30$ for the A321-X-SL. I could also imagine that we see some kind of discount placed here like it would be 60$ for the Sharklets in total here and if you buy both at the same time as a bundle you´ll have to pay 50$ only. 

That´s what I personally expect and what I see as the only reasonable pricing model as they won´t sell the SLs as ONE expansion. 

Norman Blackburn
39 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

That´s what I personally expect and what I see as the only reasonable pricing model as they won´t sell the SLs as ONE expansion. 

Such vivid imaginations.

• Haha 6
Daniel Reber
13 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Such vivid imaginations.

Well, I´m not the only one to say, charging like 60 each would be too much therefore I´d say, those imaginations are not too vivid...

• Thanks 1
Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Well, I´m not the only one to say, charging like 60 each would be too much therefore I´d say, those imaginations are not too vivid...

Daniel as of right now we have not mentioned anything specific about pricing.  So anything else is imagination.  

Patrick Hildebrand
11 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Another „sharkless“ BB stream tonight... <_<

never ending story

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
Daniel Reber
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Daniel as of right now we have not mentioned anything specific about pricing.  So anything else is imagination.  

Yes, I know. Nothing new, anyways, me having read through the last couple of pages in particular and becoming a customer for the Sharklets as well as I have been for the A320, A319 and A321 I think I, as well as anybody else should be allowed to post expectations of what the pricing might look like and especially everybody may state which pricing would be reasonable and which not. You don´t have to pay attention to that, that´s something I know as well (obviously, you can do whatever you want if you wish to) and everybody else surely does, however we future customers can, may and must discuss what pricing we see as reasonable as well!

Eric Fisher
15 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Another „sharkless“ BB stream tonight... <_<

Yawn... care meter on "streamers" is now at 0. Release it already.

• Like 1
Marvin Toepfer
9 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

I think I, as well as anybody else should be allowed to post expectations of what the pricing might look like and especially everybody may state which pricing would be reasonable and which not.

.... discuss what pricing we see as reasonable as well!

Without knowing the work & costs involved, there is absolutely no base of discussion.

• Like 6
Maxime Guy
2 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

Without knowing the work & costs involved, there is absolutely no base of discussion.

Anybody has a right to express themselves on such a subject. I, like you don't think we should be discussing such things, but if Daniel wants to do so, then so be it.

Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Maxime Guy said:

Anybody has a right to express themselves on such a subject. I, like you don't think we should be discussing such things, but if Daniel wants to do so, then so be it.

sure Maxime, but I don't think that anyone of us is in the position to tell "what it's worth to cost" as nobody here knows anything ;) 

• Like 4
Marc Stanford
3 hours ago, San Lin said:

I prefer A320 than A321. A321 climb to slow for me .I wanna a rocket.

Welcome to page 139.I small step to SL.

If you wanna rocket fly the 757

• Like 2
Craig Baillie
20 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

If you wanna rocket fly the 757

Tis my latest addition to my virtual fleet keeping me amused. I like the uneconomical-ness of it :D

Pascal Wagner
5 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Maybe this will help. 

Pricing Guide.png

Perfect, its division by 0. So it's for free. Just double checked. Great formula:P

• Haha 1
Pascal Wagner

Ehm.. Will be the cockpits all the same from all 5 different planes? Or will we see differences?

I m more curious if the 320wtf cockpit will be exactly the same like the SL version. 

I haven't seen any differences between 319 and 320 so far. Maybe i missed anything? 

David Norfolk
3 minutes ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Ehm.. Will be the cockpits all the same from all 5 different planes? Or will we see differences?

I m more curious if the 320wtf cockpit will be exactly the same like the SL version. 

I haven't seen any differences between 319 and 320 so far. Maybe i missed anything? 

There's differences, there's a back up speed alt button next to the ND, couple of other bits on the overhead. New flood lighting. Display lighting etc. 

Richard Portier
38 minutes ago, Pascal Wagner said:

Perfect, its division by 0. So it's for free. Just double checked. Great formula:P

Division by zero is impossible...so...it's impossible :P:P

Richard.

Timo Heller
9 hours ago, Richard Portier said:

Division by zero is impossible...so...it's impossible :P:P

Richard.

Or aprox infinity. Not good either... :lol:

ZEHUAHAO

I just hope release the sharklet as soon as possible, even 320sl/321sl are individual extension pack, but i still want to buy it at first time, and i think this is worth it.

Danny Moore
2 days to promo video 3 week anniversary.hahahah

By week 4 it will be old video, LOL

Steven Silva

I am sad about the individual sale of the SI, but it is a decision already made by FSLABS and they will have their reasons for it

Danny Moore

I am sad about the individual sale of the SI, but it is a decision already made by FSLABS and they will have their reasons for it

I’m sure I can guess but why be sad? Now users have the option to buy just the version they want or afford.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Marvin Toepfer

I think it’s fair to sell it separately so people can save money if they don’t wanna have the A321SL. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Stu Antonio
9 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

I think it’s fair to sell it separately so people can save money if they don’t wanna have the A321SL. 

Exactly my opinion.
But maybe we'll get a discount if we buy both :)

Or "buy both now and get the A319-sharklets for free when they come out" ... :D:D

San Lin

Yep. For me, I often fly to some high-altitude airports, basically do not fly A321, so I don't need to buy A321-SL.  But if FSLabs launches a bundle, and the price is sufficiently favorable, I think I will still be very entangled.

San Lin
4分钟前 斯图·安东尼奥说:

Exactly my opinion.
But maybe we'll get a discount if we buy both :)

Or "buy both now and get the A319-sharklets for free when they come out" ... :D:D

You guys really a good businessman.A319-SL may come in 2050?

Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I rewatched parts of Sam's SL stream & now I regret it.

Because its was Sam's stream? :D 

• Haha 1
David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Because its was Sam's stream? :D 

Partly, but shhh that's our little secret ;)

Steven Silva
37 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I rewatched parts of Sam's SL stream & now I regret it.

Can you pass me Sam's link so I can see what caused your regret :ph34r:

David Norfolk
4 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

Can you pass me Sam's link so I can see what caused your regret :ph34r:

The whole thing was a regret because now i want them more lmao 

• Haha 1
Steven Silva
3 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

The whole thing was a regret because now i want them more lmao 

Where can I see that broadcast, please tell us

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Steven Silva said: