Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Danny Moore
The fact that Norman showed two separate „verified“ aircraft tags for the 320SL ans 321SL instead of one „Sharklet expansion“ tag could suggest that they will be two separate purchases/products. 

They already confirmed that during the live stream I believe. There was also a discussion that we still need the A320x base for the Sharklets but did not need the A321 expansion to get the A321-SL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Gents- this thread has run its course. If you have specific issues, please post in another thread in appropriate forums. Thank you for entertaining us for so long with this one until the Sha

Posted Images

San Lin

The newest update about package is in 2020 Apr 16th.They said that 20SL and 21SL will ‘released together as a single product package, at an attractive price’.But everything will change in one year later.

It should be that if you have A320 and A321, then you can fly both 20SL and 21SL. If you only have 320, you can only fly 320SL

Yann Arnould

I bought the A320X and I plan to buy the Sharklets. I also plan to buy the A321X in the future (after the Sharklets). In this case, would the Sharklets upgrade still work with the A321X purchased later or would I necessarily have to purchase the Sharklet upgrade after the A321X?

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
27 minutes ago, Yann Arnould said:

I bought the A320X and I plan to buy the Sharklets. I also plan to buy the A321X in the future (after the Sharklets). In this case, would the Sharklets upgrade still work with the A321X purchased later or would I necessarily have to purchase the Sharklet upgrade after the A321X?

No one knows. 

They haven't decided yet. We can only speculate at this point.

Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Danny Moore said:

There was also a discussion that we still need the A320x base for the Sharklets but did not need the A321 expansion to get the A321-SL.

Oh, I must have missed that. Ok. but that I would find very convenient and easy to understand.

The A320X as the base. You will always need that. 
On top of that you can have up to 4 "add ons", separately and independently from another.

- A319
- A321
- A320SL
- A321SL

Lefteris Kalamaras
58 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

The A320X as the base. You will always need that. 
On top of that you can have up to 4 "add ons", separately and independently from another.

- A319
- A321
- A320SL
- A321SL

That's exactly how it will work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
Stefan Busse

That means, that those who do not own the 321 yet, can now choose between WTF and SL? Correct? 

THX

Norman Blackburn

If you own the A320 base and then buy the A321SL you would have an A320WTF and an A321SL.  You would not have A320SL nor A321WTF.

• Like 5
Marc Stanford
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

If you own the A320 base and then buy the A321SL you would have an A320WTF and an A321SL.  You would not have A320SL nor A321WTF.

So does that mean we can purchase the A321SL separately? 

Stu Antonio
6 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

So does that mean we can purchase the A321SL separately? 

Yes. Simple. 1 base, 4 options.  

Peter Hastings
28 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Has anyone looked at the FSLabs > about pop up in the sim recently? B)

• Haha 1
Steven Silva

let me see if I understand. from what I have read and interpreted is that if I have the A320 and the A321 each SL will be sold separately or it will be a unique expansion and a unique purchase that will cover both the A320 and the A321 I am already missing :rolleyes:

Yann Arnould
3 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

So with this logic, the A320SL and the A321SL should be sold separately, like the A319X and the A321X are (which would be clear and logical)

6 hours ago, San Lin said:

The newest update about package is in 2020 Apr 16th.They said that 20SL and 21SL will ‘released together as a single product package, at an attractive price’.But everything will change in one year later.

It should be that if you have A320 and A321, then you can fly both 20SL and 21SL. If you only have 320, you can only fly 320SL

But, if we believe this message, the A320SL and the A321SL will be released together as a single product package...

Greg Marshall
8 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

let me see if I understand. from what I have read and interpreted is that if I have the A320 and the A321 each SL will be sold separately or it will be a unique expansion and a unique purchase that will cover both the A320 and the A321 I am already missing :rolleyes:

A320SL and A321SL will be separate purchases.

In order to purchase a SL variant only the A320X is required.

You could purchase the A321SL without having purchased the A321 (but you won't receive the A321X).

So by having the A320 you could purchase separately:

A319X

A320X

A320SL

A321SL

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Yann Arnould said:

So with this logic, the A320SL and the A321SL should be sold separately, like the A319X and the A321X are (which would be clear and logical)

correct

4 minutes ago, Yann Arnould said:

But, if we believe this message, the A320SL and the A321SL will be released together as a single product package...

I doubt that. At least, you don't have to purchase both, even when they come as a single download/install-package. Maybe you will have to activate whatever you purchase to use it.

• Like 1
San Lin

Norman has made it clear that if you only buy A321-SL, you can only fly A321-SL.If you only buy A320-SL, you can only fly A320-SL.Now the question is just when to lift NDA, when to release and price?

Yann Arnould
12 minutes ago, Greg Marshall said:

In order to purchase a SL variant only the A320X is required.

You could purchase the A321SL without having purchased the A321 (but you won't receive the A321X).

And will A321X be needed to install the A321SL or is the A320X sufficient?

Steven Silva
13 minutes ago, Greg Marshall said:

A320SL and A321SL will be separate purchases.

In order to purchase a SL variant only the A320 is required.

You could purchase the A321SL without having purchased the A321.

I would say better that it would be more profitable to have a single installer that contains the A320 SL and the A321 SL than to have each one separately, for example, the A320SL will cost 100 dollars and the A321 SL will cost another 100 dollars, whatever the cost of all purchases of 200 dollars. in my case I prefer to pay 200 dollars for a single installer that contains both SL than to buy them separately. this answer already made me sad, I'm crazy this waiting made me crazy, beloved public, is there a psychologist among us?

Stu Antonio

1 minute ago, Yann Arnould said:

And will A321X be needed to install the A321SL or is the A320X sufficient?

has been answered above several times now. we're going in circles here.

a320x is the only base you need. 

Yann Arnould

3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Oops this post already answers my question... Sorry :(

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, San Lin said:

A SL tag makes this thread hot again.

We just need Lefteris to show his off next :P

San Lin
Just now, David Norfolk said:

We just need Lefteris to show his off next :P

We just need boss say NDA is lifted.:lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Tim Nitz
30 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

200 dollars

That would be an immense price tag and i seriously doubt it will be in that region.

• Like 1
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Greg Marshall said:

Can I please get a SL tag? Not going to be picky if it's a 320SL or 321SL, if it's a SL I'm happy ;)

Once you've purchased it, yes sure ;)

• Haha 1
Yann Arnould
4 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

If you own the A320 base and then buy the A321SL you would have an A320WTF and an A321SL

Since the A321-X SL will not necessarily require having purchased the A321-X WTF, the A321-X SL alone (because the A320-X SL and A321-X SL might be sold separately) will cost at least the price of the A321-X WTF, so logically at least around $60. The A320-X SL imposing to have previously purchased the A320-X WTF, perhaps the price will be lower. Remains to be seen if FS Labs has the same logic ^^

Alex Pugh
20 minutes ago, Yann Arnould said:

Since the A321-X SL will not necessarily require having purchased the A321-X WTF, the A321-X SL alone (because the A320-X SL and A321-X SL might be sold separately) will cost at least the price of the A321-X WTF, so logically at least around $60. The A320-X SL imposing to have previously purchased the A320-X WTF, perhaps the price will be lower. Remains to be seen if FS Labs has the same logic ^^

$120 for both would be insane, given they originally said it would be one product at an "attractive" price. I sure hope that isn't the case.

Danny Moore
$120 for both would be insane, given they originally said it would be one product at an "attractive" price. I sure hope that isn't the case.

This hobby is not cheap and with P3D sales declining due to MSFS2020 developers have to make a living. They will charge what they feel they need to. Right now you’re speculating based on current prices pre-2020. Also you don’t have to buy both. Buy what you can afford. I don’t see $120 as insane seeing that $60 is the price of the current expansions.

Yann Arnould
18 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

Considering the price of the A320-X, the A319-X and A321-X, it doesn't seem insane and impossible...

• Like 1
Tom van der Elst
14 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

This hobby is not cheap and with P3D sales declining due to MSFS2020 developers have to make a living. They will charge what they feel they need to. Right now you’re speculating based on current prices pre-2020. Also you don’t have to buy both. Buy what you can afford. I don’t see $120 as insane seeing that $60 is the price of the current expansions.

I'm not gonna lie. 120 dollars for both would be a steal, IMHO.

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland

It's difficult not to jump to some conclusions but I trust FSLabs with their pricing and the suggestion it will be fair. 

We will see. 

Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, San Lin said:

Is there ACT for A320-SL?I wanna CTP by A320-SL

No.  The ACT remains a feature only in both of our A321.

San Lin
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

No.  The ACT remains a feature only in both of our A321.

Oh,we need to CTP by using 'aerial refueling'.:P

Norman Blackburn
Just now, San Lin said:

Oh,we need to CTP by using 'aerial refueling'.:P

I've taken the ACT equipped 321 across the pond numerous times.  No aerial refuelling required.

Robin SI0DlAK
7 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I've taken the ACT equipped 321 across the pond numerous times.  No aerial refuelling required.

Sharklets would help :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Danny Moore
Is there ACT for A320-SL?I wanna CTP by A320-SL

Did you get a slot for CTP?

Norman Blackburn
6 minutes ago, Robin SI0DlAK said:

Sharklets would help :rolleyes:

I've used both Sharklets and Wing Tips.

• Haha 1
Ajit Sidhu
45 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

$60 each is a stretch considering its Sharklets, efb (latter of which will come as an update later probably to the wtf, so i read) and other quality of life improvements, When you consider pmdg (the closest to fslabs quality wise, not better though ;) ) charge $99 for -800 -900 with BW and SSW if your charging $60 for the A321/ A319 that was understandable. $60 each for SL in my opinion is a stretch in my opinion, but Equally i respect your opinion as well... its all speculation at this point, I’m not concerned either way as fslabs have always had pricing on point in the past, and I’ll purchase it either way!

• Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic