Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Matt Bernard

Every time I see BB or Chewy streaming the FSL bus I usually pop in to see if the Sharklets are present. But as you all know they haven’t been since the original stream. I keep repeating the mantra of “Good things come to those who wait” to pass the time and keep myself focused on the long goal. 

Welcome to page 136. One page closer to release. :)

Edited by Matt Bernard
Page number
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Ross McDonagh

Are the Sharklets here yet???  

No?

*Slams door* comes back tomorrow to check :D

042623-ED-FA4-E-4883-BB46-1-D2639-E476-B6-A1-BC7-BB-DAEE-4-C86-BBB1-6470-C0181555-B66-ADEB-0-A83-476-D-BB84-417-B09-E504

• Like 7
Alessandro Dallago

as soon as i saw the sharklets i knew that was boston. Ive only ever flown 807 when i had a trip starting in boston.

makes sense since boston is tucked into the north east and xcons are a bit tough in the winter going west 

San Lin

It seems that everyone's enthusiasm for participating in the hype has declined a lot, probably because there is no topic.The enthusiasm has been exhausted, and some new topics or news are needed to ignite everyone's enthusiasm.

Tom van der Elst

well  I'm sorry I'm just a wee bit busy flying the WTF A321 from hither to yon.

That SL has been a year in the making, it'll arrive someday.

Until then, the first line of this reply will stay in effect.

Danny Moore

I think the Sharklet promo video and streams were released a little to early. The countdown to the video hyped up what everyone though was a close release but we now see that it's gone quite again. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 2
Robert Sutherland

This kind of speculation about when it could be out and why it might not be released for a few more days/weeks/months really isn't going to make it go any quicker and isn't hugely helpful. 

The FSLabs team have said that it'll be released when it's ready. That's the key detail. When they are confident in the quality of their product, it'll be out. 

• Haha 1
Danny Moore
This kind of speculation about when it could be out and why it might not be released for a few more days/weeks/months really isn't going to make it go any quicker and isn't hugely helpful. 
The FSLabs team have said that it'll be released when it's ready. That's the key detail. When they are confident in the quality of their product, it'll be out. 

Sort of like speculating that it won’t be out for days/weeks/months isn’t helpful either. I like how you put months in there. I think everyone knows it won’t be released until it’s ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Robert Sutherland
6 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

Sort of like speculating that it won’t be out for days/weeks/months isn’t helpful either. I like how you put months in there. I think everyone knows it won’t be released until it’s ready.

You need to re-read what I wrote. I wasn't speculating. 

• Haha 1
Greg Marshall

I know one thing and one thing only..... release day will be awesome.

I think we will be happier than we think we will be.

Until then. Good things come to those who wait.

Klaus Schmitzer
7 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

It also isnt helpful talking about shorter release timelines after Trailer and streams only to get silent after that.

I also want a bugfree release, but we all know such a thing doesnt exists...

• Like 5
San Lin
1 hour ago, Klaus Schmitzer said:

It also isnt helpful talking about shorter release timelines after Trailer and streams only to get silent after that.

The saying shorter promo period is unavailable now.We don’t know how long we will wait.The only thing we can confirm is the sharklet will come to us one day.The waiting almost killing me, instead of the waiting is almost over.

Robert Sutherland
2 hours ago, Klaus Schmitzer said:

Do you think they’re holding the release back on purpose? 

• Confused 1
Aaron Brand
9 hours ago, Greg Marshall said:

I know one thing and one thing only..... release day will be awesome.

I think we will be happier than we think we will be.

Until then. Good things come to those who wait.

What's going to be awesome about the download page timing out because of heavy demand?

• Like 1
San Lin

I can’t think out any reason to push them holding on release on purpose.Sharklet may delay for bug but not on purpose.It hard to tell us a actual time ,cuz the bug may come anytime ever the day before release.

Klaus Schmitzer
45 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Do you think they’re holding the release back on purpose? 

No. I talk about communication. But I have to confess that I am kind of impatient because the new stuff looks very promising. 

• Like 1
Robert Sutherland
18 minutes ago, Klaus Schmitzer said:

No. I talk about communication. But I have to confess that I am kind of impatient because the new stuff looks very promising. 

That’s understandable. But Andrew even said a few days ago that if they’re not saying something it’s because they’re busy working on it. 

I totally get the impatience. I feel the same way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Petri Koivisto

Sometimes I wonder don't you guys really have anything else to do or worry about than a piece of software to be released? :lol:

• Haha 2
Leiwei Li

Impatience may be the most acurate word to describe what I feel these days. Let's continue waiting, hard times get by haha.

Klaus Schmitzer
18 minutes ago, Petri Koivisto said:

Sometimes I wonder don't you guys really have anything else to do or worry about than a piece of software to be released? :lol:

And do you dont have other things to worry about than what I have to worry about? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Ajit Sidhu
22 minutes ago, Petri Koivisto said:

Given the current Covid climate and lockdowns still in various parts of the world, can you blame people? It’s one of the few things to look forward to and keep people distracted from the realities outside!

• Like 2
San Lin
3 minutes ago, Leiwei Li said:

Impatience may be the most acurate word to describe what I feel these days. Let's continue waiting, hard times get by haha.

I think we are still in hard time.

Danny Moore

I don’t mind the wait. I just find it strange that they don’t allow their trusted testers to continue to stream it and answer question while we wait without the Devs being present. This is why I said earlier that the events from two weeks ago may have been released a little to early. I would love to see BB711 show more features. That’s how I learned how the GSX integration and CPDLC worked.

• Like 4
Koen Meier
7 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

I don’t mind the wait. I just find it strange that they don’t allow their trusted testers to continue to stream it and answer question while we wait without the Devs being present. This is why I said earlier that the events from two weeks ago may have been released a little to early. I would love to see BB711 show more features. That’s how I learned how the GSX integration and CPDLC worked.

I remember that they were streaming the atsu update for a long period. But they couldn’t show the gsx update features. Sometimes very small things are under NDA.

• Like 1
San Lin

Lefteris hasn't been to the forum for 18 hours. Something big is going to happen?:ph34r:

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, San Lin said:

Lefteris hasn't been to the forum for 18 hours. Something big is going to happen?:ph34r:

Or his having the weekend off or his busy working 

Lefteris Kalamaras
12 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Or his having the weekend off or his busy working 

^^

• Like 2
Lefteris Kalamaras

Realistically, guys, don't expect a release until a few days after you see us lift the NDA. I wouldn't normally have to repeat this, but I understand some of you are becoming way too anxious for your own good - please, go outside, enjoy some fresh air and come back and post back here how lovely it was :).

• Like 13
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
Stefan Busse
2 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

go outside, enjoy some fresh air and come back and post back here how lovely it was

2°C and light snow in Bayreuth. The winter is back and my withsun vacation on Kos was canceled due to... i think you know why. :mellow:

• Like 1
  • Sad 3
Stu Antonio

Oh boy.. I already see us weeks after the NDA got lifted complaining how Lefteris said "a few days after you see us lift the NDA"... :D:lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
davide montana

cant wait for release, but, i think that they want to release a fantastic product so take time...

but i hope will be released soon, the promo video is amazing

Danny Moore

I would go outside but we’ve been having major thunderstorms most of the day with a second wave to the west. Can’t turn on PC due to the lighting in the area. Storms hit us yesterday also and we lost power for four hours. Yep, going outside is not a good option the last two days, LOL

Paul Stassen
52 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

Anyway, again, may I repeat, now we have an A320 which works perfectly, doesn't have everything that a real A320 has, but is doesn't come anywhere close to the MSFS A32NX. I just tried another flight with the A32NX and it was a disaster. Not my fault! Good luck with your release soon FSL! @Lefteris Kalamaras @Norman Blackburn

Danny Moore
Anyway, again, may I repeat, now we have an A320 which works perfectly, doesn't have everything that a real A320 has, but is doesn't come anywhere close to the MSFS A32NX. I just tried another flight with the A32NX and it was a disaster. Not my fault! Good luck with your release soon FSL! [mention=13]Lefteris Kalamaras[/mention] [mention=116]Norman Blackburn[/mention]

I love flying the WTF version. Also he asked how our day is going and unfortunately due to lightning I can’t even power on my PC to fly the WTF. As in my previous postings I point out steaming and the demo video being a little too early. So I don’t know why your quoting me and your reply has nothing to do with what I posted. Anyway back to Sharklets.

Paul Stassen
1 minute ago, Danny Moore said:

I love flying the WTF version. Also he asked how our day is going and unfortunately due to lightning I can’t even power on my PC to fly the WTF. As in my previous postings I point out steaming and the demo video. So I don’t know why your quoting me and it has nothing to do with what I posted. Anyway back to Sharklets.

Disregard my quote Danny I am sorry

• Like 1
San Lin

Apr 16th update anniversary today?

Could I look forward NDA lifted next week?

Alex Pugh

I'm wondering if one of the devs can talk about the jump ahead function. I've always found reloading as a saved flight in FSL's 320 super finick. How smoothly will jump ahead work?

JOAQUINGONZALEZ

Hi,

I'm new at posting but been following the hype from the cration of it. How will we know when the NDA is lifted? 

San Lin
1 hour ago, JOAQUINGONZALEZ said:

Hi,

I'm new at posting but been following the hype from the cration of it. How will we know when the NDA is lifted? 

Lefteris may tell us in this thread.Or we can see some screenshot in discord.Or BB will live on Twitch.

Stu Antonio
4 hours ago, JOAQUINGONZALEZ said:

Hi,

There is an announcements thread in this forum where all updates/releases are officially announced. You can follow it to get notified. 

San Lin

It seems that everyone take Lefteris's suggestion to go outside 4 fresh air and enjoying weekend.My weekend is going to end.hahahah:)