• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Lukas Leccese

Given that streamers aren’t allowed to show it yet it’s probably still half a month away at least

Ben Kata
16 minutes ago, Lukas Leccese said:

Given that streamers aren’t allowed to show it yet it’s probably still half a month away at least

could release without streamers showing it. Streaming it is just one way to promote a proudct but they have gone through the route of creating a trailer. So might not need streamers to promote the sharkets before release. 

Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Ben Kata said:

could release without streamers showing it. Streaming it is just one way to promote a proudct but they have gone through the route of creating a trailer. So might not need streamers to promote the sharkets before release. 

They always created trailers except the a319 for the new products. Not intermediate updates but the ATSU update got a video. A321, sharklets , v4 version and initial release got a video too.

Ben Kata
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

They always created trailers except the a319 for the new products. Not intermediate updates but the ATSU update got a video. A321, sharklets , v4 version and initial release got a video too.

But with a shorter time scale as stated then maybe its straight from Video to release for only 1-2 streaming

Stu Antonio

I think that „shorter promo“-ship has sailed. And I‘m sure for a good reason and/or to fix bugs that surfaced. Yesterday‘s BB stream (non sharklet) showed another servere bug in the series that some reported before, so they hopefully will fix that and others first. 

• Like 3
Ben Kata

The promo maybe hasn't started yet :P. THe promo might be when streamers can stream it and then a few days later release. Don't give up people

David Norfolk
34 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I think that „shorter promo“-ship has sailed. And I‘m sure for a good reason and/or to fix bugs that surfaced. Yesterday‘s BB stream (non sharklet) showed another servere bug in the series that some reported before, so they hopefully will fix that and others first. 

Rip , what was the bug?

Maxime Guy
34 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Agree with you in that. Think it's safe to say it's the last time FSL will mention such things for upcoming products seeing our reaction to that "promise".

Stu Antonio
41 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Rip , what was the bug?

Twitch stream yesterday, around mark 02:17:50. Plane just fell to the ground after going into TOGA for a goaround....

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

Twitch stream yesterday, around mark 02:17:50. Plane just fell to the ground after going int TOGA for a goaround....

Ahh yeah, BB in his discord just said its been fixed 

• Thanks 2
Stu Antonio
Just now, David Norfolk said:

Ahh yeah, BB in his discord just said its been fixed 

Awesome!

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Ben Kata said:

It's already been mentioned that they're planning on allowing streamers to continue streaming etc

STEFAN DORDEVIC

Maybe even two updates...

First one to fix some errors like one in the BB's stream(hopefully the tropo pause error will be included in the fix),and the second to bring up capability between base model and the sharkslets.

Leiwei Li
1 hour ago, STEFAN DORDEVIC said:

Maybe even two updates...

First one to fix some errors like one in the BB's stream(hopefully the tropo pause error will be included in the fix),and the second to bring up capability between base model and the sharkslets.

This from what you said came up to me: Sharks coming soooooooooooooon.

Timo Heller

Isn't the tropo issue fixed with the latest update, .151? The last two flights I did I had a tropo value where it would have normally led to the bug, but it all went fine!

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Timo Heller said:

Isn't the tropo issue fixed with the latest update, .151? The last two flights I did I had a tropo value where it would have normally led to the bug, but it all went fine!

I think so.

FMGC
    FM:
    PAGE PERF DES now allows spds up to .82 Mach
    VAPP logic recalculation improvements
    Fix for Fuel predictions

Fix for TROPO entry predictions lost issue
    Fix for PERF TO page CHECK TAKEOFF DATA message conditions
    CHECK TO DATA message conditions corrected
    SET MANAGED SPEED message logic improved

San Lin

I dreamt that this thread was terminated by Norman because of shark release.

• Haha 2
STEFAN DORDEVIC
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

I think so.

FMGC
    FM:
    PAGE PERF DES now allows spds up to .82 Mach
    VAPP logic recalculation improvements
    Fix for Fuel predictions

Fix for TROPO entry predictions lost issue
    Fix for PERF TO page CHECK TAKEOFF DATA message conditions
    CHECK TO DATA message conditions corrected
    SET MANAGED SPEED message logic improved

I also thought it was.But yesterday I did a flight from Brussels to Belgrade where the cruise level was FL390,while tropo was FL283.The consequence of that was lost data on INIT B and Fuel prediction page which indicates to me that the problem hasn't been fixed.
However If you reset the tropo back to FL360 the problem is solved and the data is back.
I've also submited support ticket so that the team can take a look in to it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
San Lin

2 days later, It's the Apr 16th update first year anniversary.Is it a good timing for release?

A year ago, I thought we could adapt to V5 in a few weeks. I thought we could fly to sharklet in a few months or Xmas eve. It's been a year. I just reread the thread of Apr 16th and compare it with the live  of BB. I find that the style of EFB (including loadsheet and chart) is completely different from that of the original. I guess FSL must have done a lot of work behind this.

There is an old Chinese saying that "half of the people who travel a hundred miles are ninety".  I hope all of us here can stay safe.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Norman Blackburn
2 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

Quality stuff takes time. It's like whiskey. 

That's a shot at all the Scots around here :P 

• Haha 1
Brian McCumiskey

Well blackbox said his stream starts today at 18:00 UTC and he will be streaming a "new FSLabs update" with a kappa in it. Hmmmmmm

David Norfolk
14 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

Well blackbox said his stream starts today at 18:00 UTC and he will be streaming a "new FSLabs update" with a kappa in it. Hmmmmmm

The NDA hasn't lifted so i'd be surprised 

San Lin
14 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

emm,What is kappa?

Stu Antonio
3 minutes ago, San Lin said:

emm,What is kappa?

An italian sports brand. 

• Haha 3
Robin SI0DlAK
20 minutes ago, Brian McCumiskey said:

I would be surprised if he doesn't stream the SL the whole night if the NDA is lifted, he's doing MSFS and DCS after his flight with the "new FSL version". Hotfix imo

Florian Wolf

He crashed on the last flight due to a bug so I think that's what he's refering to.

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg

I mean, you can just ask me. I could tell you the release date. Its this year! 
You just have to ask :(:D 

phil highton

The year is 2345,on the bridge onboard the starship enterprise Kirk turns to spock " any news on the sharklets " spock laughs " have you seen the forum Jim ?, It's now at page 64 million 3003 thousand  even Roy Proadfoot  has given up " at that point Scotty says " she can't take much more of this captain " ! :ph34r:

• Haha 6
Stu Antonio
27 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

the wait is killing me .....

Yeah.... it’s really getting Sharklate.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 9
phil highton

They are coming , just need to hang on ;)