Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Danny Moore
Even if they have made decisions on that, they were right not to say anything because then you only get hounded about it

I get that part. I’m just saying that other things can play a factor. We always assume it’s bugs when other things can determine when a product releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Oliver Ringe
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

What I have learned by now is that statements like these (soon, imminent,weeks, shortly, etc.) are made „in good faith“, as Andrew once put it. If they encounteded things to fix/change, then of course it will take more time. I guess that‘s the case now. 

I understand that all but all other publisher comunicate more with there Community. It was the same with the 777 they found also a Bug but give this info to the Com. At FSL you don't hear anything, only Silence. I think that's more of a strange communication behavior, but it is the comunication way of FSL.......

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Stu Antonio

Yeah, FSL is rather quiet when it comes to the status of ongoing developments. But on the other hand they are anything else but quiet when it comes to (forum)support. And that‘s really something! I haven‘t seen a day without at least one of the team personally answering questions or helping out lost simmers. Kudos!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
David Norfolk

They're silent because they're most likely really busy. With sharks approaching they're probably flat out & don't have time to make announcements every 5minutes 

Andrew Wilson

I don’t think micro-news updates are necessary. If it’s not released yet, then you know we are working on it.

Regarding the PFPX question: yes the EFB will still show your OFP, providing it was uplinked through ATSU.

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
San Lin
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I don’t think micro-news updates are necessary. If it’s not released yet, then you know we are working on it.

Regarding the PFPX question: yes the EFB will still show your OFP, providing it was uplinked through ATSU.

I think it is a good news for us who use PFPX.

Aaron Brand
1 hour ago, Oliver Ringe said:

I understand that all but all other publisher comunicate more with there Community. It was the same with the 777 they found also a Bug but give this info to the Com. At FSL you don't hear anything, only Silence. I think that's more of a strange communication behavior, but it is the comunication way of FSL.......

You're new here aren't you...

Klaus Schmitzer
3 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I understand that... But it would be nice to know if we have to wait a week or a year. :)

• Like 1
Stefan Vollstedt
17 minutes ago, Klaus Schmitzer said:

I understand that... But it would be nice to know if we have to wait a week or a year. :)

I think everyone knows that we will wait rather weeks than a year :-)

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Stefan Vollstedt said:

That‘s what I seriously (and admittedly foolishly) thought in April 2020 :D

• Like 7
  • Haha 2
Klaus Schmitzer
1 hour ago, Stefan Vollstedt said:

Do we? 

• Like 1
Marlon Carter

From my limited experience with beta testing, a develop may have everything set for release and all it takes is one error report from a tester to set things back a bit. This may not be the case, but either way, I think the wait will be worth it when it is finally released.

Marc Stanford
2 hours ago, Marlon Carter said:

From my limited experience with beta testing, a develop may have everything set for release and all it takes is one error report from a tester to set things back a bit. This may not be the case, but either way, I think the wait will be worth it when it is finally released.

With the Google EFB I can agree.

Danny Moore

Seeing we’re still waiting for release how about letting BlackBox711 and Airbus FTW stream the Sharklet so we can at least enjoy the upcoming release while we wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson

Hi Danny, yes the plan will be to allow streamers to continue flying the sharks and also allow our beta team to discuss/share screenshots. Right now the teams are focussed on the release path, a complex and intricate phase of the project cycle and one that requires a lot of care and attention to deliver a successful product launch. Something we pride ourselves on - and that our customers have become accustomed to.

• Like 36
  • Thanks 3
Mathias Denkmeir

Thank you very much for the short update on the SLs Andrew.

Can't wait to see some more screenshots and streams in the near future :)

David Norfolk
3 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi Danny, yes the plan will be to allow streamers to continue flying the sharks and also allow our beta team to discuss/share screenshots. Right now the teams are focussed on the release path, a complex and intricate phase of the project cycle and one that requires a lot of care and attention to deliver a successful product launch. Something we pride ourselves on - and that our customers have become accustomed to.

Me being as thick as i am has absolutely no clue what any of this means :D

• Haha 2
Tim Nitz

Sounds like they have yet to reach the "finalising the installers" phase.

Release path also sounds like we might see one sharklet arrive before the other (for example the 320 first, followed by the 321) but then again those are just wild guesses.  

• Haha 1
Andrew Wilson
31 minutes ago, Tim Nitz said:

Release path also sounds like we might see one sharklet arrive before the other

Both will be released at the same time.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
San Lin
13 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Both will be released at the same time.

Can we only purchase A320-SL or A321-SL?:ph34r:

Tom van der Elst
17 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

More details will be made available with the launch.

Aww come on man, I gotta save money for that thing, it would be nice to at least have a ballpark figure  :O

Imagine that : Sharklets are here, yay yay yay ..... yah, yay for yóu ...  I gotta stare at the others goin' bananas over sharklets,

electronic flight bags and what not while all I got is bags under me eyes from

working working working working to pay for the dam thing.

7582720_4794.jpg

• Confused 2
San Lin

If CKPT Entry Video could be added to SL?It will  make GSX L2 more useful.A319 and A320 only have button but no video.:lol:

Liam Carbin
10 minutes ago, San Lin said:

If CKPT Entry Video could be added to SL?It will  make GSX L2 more useful.A319 and A320 only have button but no video.:lol:

This was mentioned on Blackbox stream; they're aware of it and its a bug with P3D that the guys at Fslabs have actually bought up with Lockheed, doesn't look like a solution can be found at the moment though. 

• Like 1
Danny Moore
4 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Me being as thick as i am has absolutely no clue what any of this means :D

I put what Andrew said into a Developer to Plain Text Converter and it said SOON, hahahaha

• Haha 1
Marc Stanford
6 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Like pouring Champagne on the door of the first FSL Sharklet out of the factory?

Belhomme Diego

Will this feature be possible with the Sharklets? Will the hostess be able to bring us some peanuts and champagne? :lol:

Eric Fisher

The release may wind up coming around the same time as I upgrade from my 1080Ti to the beast....3090 the end of this week. 

• Like 1
Pascal Wagner
6 hours ago, San Lin said:

Can we only purchase A320-SL or A321-SL?:ph34r:

There should be any split. There are still people out there owning the 320 only like me. I would really freak out, if the way to the sharks has to be over the 321 WTF version. Just having the 320 as SL would be fairly enough on my end. For me personally are the differences between a 320 and 321 not this amount of money worth. For the 319 it was simply the decision to buy it cause i was able to use shorter runways for Airports like London City or some nice airports on the west coast in the states i.e Santa Barbara. I don't want to blame anyone, but for me personally the 320 and 319 is all i need. The 320 SL would be than nice to possess either, but really really honestly not because of the sharklets but because of the new features. Have a nice sunday. 

James Harker

I read San Slin's question a slightly different way, as in can you purchase the A320-SL as a base pack (obviously for a higher price over an expansion price for those who already own the A320), without needing the buy/own the A320 WTF.

I have a friend who is very interested in buying the FS Labs (and even more so now with the upcoming sharklets) but has put it off so far due to the price, making do with a lower end set of Airbus's from another company for a long while now.  After hearing his feedback after seeing the sharklets promo vid and streams recently, I am confident that he would take the plunge if he could buy the A320-SL as an alternative 'base pack' upon release (without the WTF varients), but I'd imagine he would be unlikely to afford it if it meant paying for the A320 WTF and then the sharklets on top.

Obviously this doesn't affect most of us here who already own the FS Labs, but for people yet to start out with them, having the above considered would make a big difference to those people who are really attracted by the new features such as the tablet.  For me personally though, the A320 & A321 sharklets will both be a day one buy and I'm really impressed with what the team here at FS Labs have accomplished.  It has been a pleasure flying the WTF versions so far and I'm excited to soon have even more varients of the Airbus's to fly.

Florian Wolf

Well I believe the price tag is appropriate, especially considering the fact that I haven‘t spent a single cent since I bought the A320 for P3D v3 and now flying it in v5 four years later...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
James Harker

I agree, I was not disputing anything about the price not being appropriate.  I've enjoyed every penny of it so far!

Stu Antonio

I think it was stated before that the sharklets will be an expansion pack and you'll need the base products to use them.
So that's the A320 WTF minimum.

The thing I'm not sure about is, will this expansion pack be ONE pack that upgrades whatever base products you have (A320 or A320+A321) or will we need TWO separate packs if you want both base products to have the sharklets?

• Like 3
Pascal Wagner

If it's one package than I would be hopefully simply able to fly the 320SL and if i would decide to buy the 321 basepack, then the SL package would give me the321 SL automatically. Think will be like this. But this would cause some problems maybe. 

But all depends how they program the installer. Pretty sure each SL will have it's own installer. 

Koen Meier

Let’s just wait and see what the developers decide on what they think will be the best way for them and the community. 

• Like 3
Karl Brooker
1 minute ago, Mark Daniel said:

More like one week without any useful words. 

There is no more info to give than "we are still working on it", so what exactly would you like FSL to say?

Mark Daniel
6 minutes ago, Karl Brooker said:

There is no more info to give than "we are still working on it", so what exactly would you like FSL to say?

Would be nice to know where the progress is at than saying the obvious, but we all know FSL is known to not say anything. We'll be lucky to have Sharks out before 2021 is done, that seems more realistic. 

• Thanks 1
Karl Brooker
Just now, Mark Daniel said:

Would be nice to know where the progress is at than saying the obvious, but we all know FSL is known to not say anything. We'll be lucky to have Sharks out before 2021 is done, that seems more realistic. 

Don't be so ridiculous. We know it's close, because FSL have said it's close. How else can they purvey that to you? It's going to go from "close to release" to "ready to release", at which point we'll get all the info on pricing, release date etc., just as FSL have already said. Do you really want micro-updates from Andy to say they worked on a bug in the FWC, which still tell you nothing about progress?

As a former beta tester for FSL I can tell you that you can't put a percentage on progress. The beta team could be given a release candidate, everything will look great, and then an hour before a planned announcement of release, one beta tester finds an obscure bug that affects flight. Now, all testers have to jump on recreating that scenario so the devs can look at fixing the bug, and that is another unknown on how long it'll take to fix, and whether that fix will affect something else. What FSL have said in public is exactly as much information they can give you.

• Like 13
  • Haha 3
David Norfolk
11 minutes ago, Mark Daniel said:

More like one week without any useful words. 

You mean apart from yesterday when a dev said they're focusing on the release path?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Chris Kreuzbichler

So we're playing chinese whispers with the last guy (beta tester) not saying anything so we can get it earlier? :D

Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

So we're playing chinese whispers with the last guy (beta tester) not saying anything so we can get it earlier? :D

I'm pretty sure since @Karl Brooker quoted @Andrew Wilson's words you can be sure its not Chinese whispers.

Now, may I ask that people keep things civil.  We are just as excited to get the product out and into your hands as you are.  

• Like 4
Timm Rehberg
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

We are just as excited to get the product out and into your hands as you are.  

Just can not imagine, Norman! :P

Norman Blackburn
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Just can not imagine, Norman! :P

With you Timm, I can! :D

• Haha 1