Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Stu Antonio
15 minutes ago, Tony La Rotta said:

Does anyone know if the latest update A320X is a full install or do I need to have a previous version installed? I

The latest version/update you can download is a full installer. It actually even removes previous versions if you have them installed. If not, it will just install the latest version.

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

David Norfolk

Saw this the other day in BBs discord & can't help but laugh 

unknown.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 16
Rob Jones

It's true. I have an iPad for the the MCDU now I need another for the EFB. I also need a new car.

David Norfolk
Just now, dale robertson said:

Anyone know if the EFB will run on a Samsung tablet at all ?

As long you have a browser on it, yes

• Thanks 1
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, dale robertson said:

Anyone know if the EFB will run on a Samsung tablet at all ?

are you able to run the MCDU in any webbroser on the tablet?

dale robertson
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

As long you have a browser on it, yes

Good to know! thanks 

San Lin
8 hours ago, Leiwei Li said:

兄弟,我最近一直在纠结soon的含义,结果我迷失了。:P

Sooooooon means days,weeks,months even years.:ph34r:

Bob Zolto

What has happened to Sharklet hype?  We are going off course here.

Klaus Schmitzer
42 minutes ago, Bob Zolto said:

What has happened to Sharklet hype?  We are going off course here.

Okay, so... How many sharks do you need to screw in a bulb? 

• Haha 2
Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
1 minute ago, Klaus Schmitzer said:

Okay, so... How many sharks do you need to screw in a bulb? 

0, because  the sharklets is 100% LEDs ? at least  on the  inside. maybe not the landing lights.

Good thing we'll have the  tablet in the cockpit. no need to go out of the cockpit anymore. just stay safe  inside.  Good for covid,  good for not losing  a limb. 

We need  it asap, its  for our safety.

• Like 1
Stu Antonio

Do I remember this correctly that between the 321 promo vid and the 321 release 10 days passed? So with a „shorter promo campaign“ for the sharklets this leaves us at.... 4 days left max! :D:D:ph34r:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
David Norfolk
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Do I remember this correctly that between the 321 promo vid and the 321 release 10 days passed? So with a „shorter promo campaign“ for the sharklets this leaves us at.... 4 days left max! :D:D:ph34r:

Stu, you'll have the SLs in 4 months. minimum ;)  

• Haha 3
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

Shorter but based on all releases.

David Norfolk
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

How long was the release of A319? i wasn't around for that one 

Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

That should be in the archives which I cannot access cause older posts get hidden .

Danny Moore
22 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

And you believed them?

Chris Kreuzbichler

I have worked for 6 months so I have 12 days for vacation. I am not renewing my contract with my current employer which ends on April 30th and go back to my former employer on March 3rd. My last day of work is on Monday so if they released on Tuesday I would have more than enough time to try the baby :Dmaxresdefault.jpg

Stu Antonio
10 minutes ago, Danny Moore said:

And you believed them?

Still do. 

• Like 1
Danny Moore
I think nobody believe them anymore except [mention=22091]Stu Antonio[/mention].. sweet

The next 4 days will tell us if it’s fact or fiction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chris Kreuzbichler

On that matter: For virtual (and real) aviation what kind of tablet would you guys recommend?

David Norfolk
10 minutes ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

On that matter: For virtual (and real) aviation what kind of tablet would you guys recommend?

Depends on your budget & what you plan to use it for. You can get ones from £50 to over a £1000

Chris Kreuzbichler
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Depends on your budget & what you plan to use it for. You can get ones from £50 to over a £1000

I'd say I have a budget for a tablet of up to 600 buckeronis. Would be a waste to get a tablet for the FSLbus only haha

Stu Antonio
12 minutes ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

I have several, cheap to expensive. My personal favorite is my iPad but I also found my rather cheap GalaxyTabA surprisingly good. I still use it regulary for Android stuff and when my kid plays something on the iPad :). What I didn‘t like was the Amazon Fire. 

Marc Stanford

I want to buy the Sharklet's Professional with all the CBs simulated!

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Chris Kreuzbichler said:

I'd say I have a budget for a tablet of up to 600 buckeronis. Would be a waste to get a tablet for the FSLbus only haha

Can't say much on the ipad side of things but i'd look at a Samsung galaxy tab or even a windows tab. You'll get a good screen size for your budget too 

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

Can't say much on the ipad side of things but i'd look at a Samsung galaxy tab or even a windows tab. You'll get a good screen size for your budget too 

yeah it shouldnt be too small. that is why i think phones are too small for this purpose. i would look at screen sizes minimum 10 inches diagonal. 

A_ndré_F_olkers
2 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

The A319 was first seen on YouTube around may 2018 and release on 2th of July 2018

We had a lot of screenshot teasers before that...

Lukas Leccese
3 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

In that case if we include the original release of the A320 the promo took over a year back then so we'll definitely have the SL before April 2022 :P

• Haha 1
David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Lukas Leccese said:

In that case if we include the original release of the A320 the promo took over a year back then so we'll definitely have the SL before April 2022 :P

Don't you dare jinx it ;)

• Haha 2
Asher Yearwood

Question... the EFB, i can see you can use websites like navigraph and simbrief. My question is if we make a flight through the simbrief on the aircraft efb will the flight plan be downloaded through the simbrief downloader for things like Vatsim and active sky etc?? Or would we still be required todo it through the PC browser like we do now?

Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Asher Yearwood said:

Question... the EFB, i can see you can use websites like navigraph and simbrief. My question is if we make a flight through the simbrief on the aircraft efb will the flight plan be downloaded through the simbrief downloader for things like Vatsim and active sky etc?? Or would we still be required todo it through the PC browser like we do now?

My approach would be to use the website to generate the ofp and flightplan. Send it off to vatsim on prefile. Load in the sim and start preparing the flight by grabbing the flight from simbrief through acars. Active sky will be updated as soon as I request weather and have completed init A. The EFB will grab the latest flightplan through the simbrief API as well. I see simbrief more as the crew room/dispatch place prior to boarding the aircraft for the flight.

• Like 2
Asher Yearwood
33 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

My approach would be to use the website to generate the ofp and flightplan. Send it off to vatsim on prefile. Load in the sim and start preparing the flight by grabbing the flight from simbrief through acars. Active sky will be updated as soon as I request weather and have completed init A. The EFB will grab the latest flightplan through the simbrief API as well. I see simbrief more as the crew room/dispatch place prior to boarding the aircraft for the flight.

As i fly with loads of spins a day, as in today i did 2 turnarounds, would i have to open the browers like i do now to use simbrief to plan the ofb or could i now do it on board the aircraft efb?

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Asher Yearwood said:

As i fly with loads of spins a day, as in today i did 2 turnarounds, would i have to open the browers like i do now to use simbrief to plan the ofb or could i now do it on board the aircraft efb?

You could open simbrief in the EFB which in turn is running in your browser on your device. So essentially you are opening a tab within a tab in the browser.

Marlon Carter

With 129 pages for the Sharklet, can you imagine how many pages there'll be for a new aircraft type? 
Hopefully it won't be too long from now until we get to try the Sharklet update.

Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Marlon Carter said:

With 129 pages for the Sharklet, can you imagine how many pages there'll be for a new aircraft type? 
Hopefully it won't be too long from now until we get to try the Sharklet update.

All depends on when and what they announce it for it to become really active.

Edited by Koen Meier
Leiwei Li
2 minutes ago, MzMzNasiPadang said:

Here comes another Sharkk

IMG_0901.jpeg

China Eastern. Where is this landing?

Victor Chandra
1 hour ago, Leiwei Li said:

China Eastern. Where is this landing?

Its Qingdao, Beautiful city to fly into when the Shark is available later ;)

Leiwei Li
3 minutes ago, MzMzNasiPadang said:

Its Qingdao, Beautiful city to fly into when the Shark is available later ;)

Caannntttttt waiiiiiittttttttttt

Victor Chandra
24 minutes ago, Leiwei Li said:

Caannntttttt waiiiiiittttttttttt

I mean, it is a beauty, might get A321X first then A320/1 SL

IMG_0890.JPG

Leiwei Li
1 hour ago, MzMzNasiPadang said:

I mean, it is a beauty, might get A321X first then A320/1 SL

IMG_0890.JPG

The pic is live? You are flying out of Qingdao again?