Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Leiwei Li
3 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

What's a life?

Good question, well my English isn't good enough to answer this. But I actually remember a band once sang that LIFE is like a dagger, backstage is full of parasites...

• Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Artur Araripe

What is life?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more

happy sharkie monday, boys!

• Like 1
Esteban Mercier

Hello everyone! do you think the efb will be integrated into all other devices except sharklet (A320 / 19/21) Good morning all ! do you think efb will be integrated in all other devices except sharklet (A320 / 19/21 ) 

Koen Meier

At this moment it will be exclusive to the sharklets. when they will come to other aircraft we will see but reading some of their answers during the QNA during the streams was that it isnt a priority.

Koen Meier
Just now, San Lin said:

I press F5 thousands of times a day

just keep on pressing. wont change a thing i feel.

• Haha 1
David Norfolk
6 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

What is life?

Baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more

happy sharkie monday, boys!

Here's hoping!

• Haha 1
Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, San Lin said:

Every time I press F5 my flaps retract :D 

• Like 2
  • Haha 25
Leiwei Li
8 minutes ago, San Lin said:

Hope someone from FSL could blow me away by replying that release is still away like days or weeks.

David Norfolk
21 minutes ago, Leiwei Li said:

Hope someone from FSL could blow me away by replying that release is still away like days or weeks.

Soon kappa 

Leiwei Li
11 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Soon kappa 

Pls, rather not get the release than seeing this word.

• Haha 2
Ben Kata
1 hour ago, Steven Silva said:

In the SHARKLETS we will have the option to choose the LED lights and the ones that are not LED on the outside (landing, taxi etc.) since in real life planes with SL have non-LED light

After the interview they said that the sharklets will only use LED lights as most of them in real life have LEDs

• Thanks 1
Pascal Wagner

And back to KIAH. Sitting on the right plane again. Hopefully some news after arrival. Freshly pic from a 321 SL. 

IMG-20210405-WA0003.jpeg

• Like 1
San Lin

Is it the quite and clam before release of tonight?hhh

• Like 1
Patrick Hildebrand
Just now, San Lin said:

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

No this is the quite because we realize there will be no release the next days :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1
Stu Antonio
11 minutes ago, San Lin said:

We've seen an awesome promo video. We've seen a first promo-look into the new product in flight (stream). We've heard the devs & beta testers and read the features. But it appears that there is still some work to do and business-things to decide, so it will take some more time. Weeks, maybe months. I personally will get excited when the NDAs are dropped and we see the first streams and screenshots from devs and beta-testers. THEN you can start torturing your F5 key :D...

• Like 1
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

We've seen an awesome promo video. We've seen a first promo-look into the new product in flight (stream). We've heard the devs & beta testers and read the features. But it appears that there is still some work to do and business-things to decide, so it will take some more time. Weeks, maybe months. I personally will get excited when the NDAs are dropped and we see the first streams and screenshots from devs and beta-testers. THEN you can start torturing your F5 key :D...

What if the NDA stays in place until release ;) it wouldn't be unheard of, other devs do that 

Stu Antonio
21 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

What if the NDA stays in place until release ;) it wouldn't be unheard of, other devs do that 

Stop getting my hopes up while I‘m trying my best to keep them on the ground man!..... ;):D

Maxime Guy
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

I can't imagine it being weeks, if they've promised a shorter promo time 

• Like 3
René Mrosek

Damn, I'm seriously in love :wub:

Please remove the image if it's not appropriate but it's just a screenshot :D

Any fellow orange lovers who know some SOP stuff and quirks to teach me? :ph34r:

a.png

David Norfolk

Guys please don't forget this was exactly the same with A321. Don't feel too negative about it. Like i said previously I'm sure the team wouldn't feel comfortable showing the product off like they did if it wasn't close to being released/finished. 

• Like 2
Koen Meier

maybe join one of the orange VA. i think some of those are really good. But personally my colours are blue red and white. 

• Like 1
Craig Baillie

Or join more than one. vEzy don’t have a monthly flight policy so it’s easily manageable and very flexible with the routings.

Doing this has really got me exploring places in Europe more.

Murat Budak

I'm so excited, I already know that I will enjoy it.

A_ndré_F_olkers
35 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Guys please don't forget this was exactly the same with A321. Don't feel too negative about it. Like i said previously I'm sure the team wouldn't feel comfortable showing the product off like they did if it wasn't close to being released/finished. 

Well between the A321X promo and release was exactly a week and on a Tuesday ;-)

They said the promo time would be a lot shorter :blink:

David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

They said the promo time would be a lot shorter :blink:

Where was this mentioned? i've heard a few people say this.

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

A_ndré_F_olkers
6 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

David Norfolk

That's different from a shorter release time. From what i get from that is they're going only show you a little bit of them before release. That doesn't necessary mean that they're close to releasing. Although i dunno. Just my thought. I'm just as confused as you all are :lol:

A_ndré_F_olkers
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

That's different from a shorter release time. From what i get from that is they're going only show you a little bit of them before release. That doesn't necessary mean that they're close to releasing. Although i dunno. Just my thought 

Well I read the opposite ;-) Based on past releases and promo video ;-)

Pascal Ad
56 minutes ago, René Mrosek said:

Damn, I'm seriously in love :wub:

Please remove the image if it's not appropriate but it's just a screenshot :D

Any fellow orange lovers who know some SOP stuff and quirks to teach me? :ph34r:

a.png

Rene, you are a "Schlingel". Good catch... 

• Like 1
Murat Budak

You guys are like my girlfriend when I say: "I didn't said that" she also searches for that like this :D

• Haha 2
David Norfolk
5 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

Well I read the opposite ;-) Based on past releases and promo video ;-)

I do get what you're saying but past releases had their NDAs lifted at the same time, this one we didn't 

A_ndré_F_olkers
Just now, David Norfolk said:

I do get what you're saying but past releases had their NDAs lifted at the same time, this one we didn't 

No need for as the release time will be shorter, so obvious my guess is tomorrow (Tuesday) but I could be so wrong lol

:blink::D

Shanard LeTang
2 minutes ago, A_ndré_F_olkers said:

No need for as the release time will be shorter, so obvious my guess is tomorrow (Tuesday) but I could be so wrong lol

:blink::D

You're probably right. Most things get released on Tuesdays. Music, movies etc. 

Lukas Leccese
12 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

That's different from a shorter release time. From what i get from that is they're going only show you a little bit of them before release. That doesn't necessary mean that they're close to releasing. Although i dunno. Just my thought. I'm just as confused as you all are :lol:

I read it the same way.

Danny Moore

I'm placing my bet on a May release. Also doesn't LM drop updates in April which means another WTF compatibility update before SL releases. 

Stu Antonio
On 2/23/2021 at 1:12 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

Expect a shorter campaign promoting the A320-SL and A321-SL before release. 

As I understand it this means that the time from the beginning of the promo campaign until release will be shorter than usual. The campaign promoting the SLs started with the promo video I guess. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

As I understand it this means that the time from the beginning of the promo campaign until release will be shorter that usual. The campaign promoting the SLs started with the promo video I guess. 

Let's hope so 

• Like 1
Koen Meier

From promo till release is shorter then used. Longest promo period we had was atsu features even before video.

Peter Hastings
56 minutes ago, Shanard LeTang said:

You're probably right. Most things get released on Tuesdays. Music, movies etc. 

Like the 151 update.  No, wait, that was a Wednesday!

:lol:

Adrian Fosco

Wednesday it is, guys! Or am i a little too optimistic? :) We'll see...

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Adrian Fosco said:

Wednesday it is, guys! Or am i a little too optimistic? :) We'll see...

Optimistic isn’t bad but some of us are a bit more conservative and believe it takes a little longer then a week.