• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Karl Brooker
38 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

8321 ?

G-EZRX is indeed MSN 8321

Matt Bernard

As excited as I am to get the Sharklets, for me the most impressive upcoming feature is the EFB. Many other developers have implemented EFB’s into their products over the years and I’ve always wondered why they haven’t made it possible for us to use them on our physical tablets. This alone is my favorite part of the expansion and just reenforces my opinion that while the wait is always painful it is typically worth it. All the other neat features of the EFB are just icing on the cake and demonstrate just how forward thinking FSL can be. 

That said, I am a little bummed out that the 319 won’t be getting SL as it is my favorite variant to fly. In the Airline2Sim videos the 319 is the sports car of the lineup and I certainly agree. All in all, very much looking forward to the expansion and playing with all the new features. Looks to be a lot there to keep a systems nerd like me quite content for a while. Bravo FSL team!

• Like 4
Andrew Wilson

I’ve watched it 3 times. I like the video. They could have also used the sounds track from Jaws. It would have been perfect for a Sharklets release.

I was scrolling through sound tracks late one night and this one came on that sounded very Jaws like at the beginning. The more I listened to it - the more I liked it! A little different and was fun to work with.
  • Like 9
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I was scrolling through sound tracks late one night and this one came on that sounded very Jaws like at the beginning. The more I listened to it - the more I liked it! A little different and was fun to work with.

It fits the varient well.

Danny Moore

That’s what I was saying, it almost had that Jaws theme feeling at the beginning. Great video. Watched it 3 more times today :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Marc Stanford

It's nice to know the Sharkies are closer to 757 performance (range) than WTF

Stu Antonio
18 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

But you have to admit: it feels a bit like we‘re all prepapring for a very well planned heist :ph34r::D

• Haha 1
Alexander Luzajic

Well...I heard they broke something again, rumor has it that Andrew did it.....release is postponed:huh:

• Haha 1
Marc Stanford
53 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

But you have to admit: it feels a bit like we‘re all prepapring for a very well planned heist :ph34r::D

The Soonlets Heist

Koen Meier
43 minutes ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

Well...I heard they broke something again, rumor has it that Andrew did it.....release is postponed:huh:

It is relatively easy to break software.

Steven Silva

I want to have a time machine to be able to speed up the launch, I can't resist anymore, I'm going crazy, the time is short but endless, the wait makes me watch the videos of BB, FTW and the trailer as adult videos, they are simply addictive for God's sake launch this soon

dddd.JPG

• Haha 1
Maurício Brentano
21 minutes ago, Steven Silva said:

I want to have a time machine to be able to speed up the launch, I can't resist anymore, I'm going crazy, the time is short but endless, the wait makes me watch the videos of BB, FTW and the trailer as adult videos, they are simply addictive for God's sake launch this soon

dddd.JPG

Now that's a nice "study level" sharky!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Richard Nellyer
3 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

I know it's not on the cards but if you did release an A319 SL would the trailer soundtrack be baby shark da da da da baby shark.....

• Haha 1
Florian Mooijaart
4 hours ago, Richard Nellyer said:

I know it's not on the cards but if you did release an A319 SL would the trailer soundtrack be baby shark da da da da baby shark.....

I'm laughing harder than I should

Leiwei Li
16 minutes ago, Florian Mooijaart said:

I'm laughing harder than I should

Baby shark, as far as I know, should be du du du du and not da da da da, right?:D

Francesco Baiocchi

Goodmorning everyone. I would like to have your opinion on a news that circulates on the web, but not confirmed by the Fslabs team. Is it true that the sharklet release is scheduled for June 6 and not before? 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Stu Antonio
5 minutes ago, Francesco Baiocchi said:

that circulates on the web

What web would that be?... we‘re all here! 

• Haha 1
Nicolas Nycz
11 minutes ago, Francesco Baiocchi said:

Goodmorning everyone. I would like to have your opinion on a news that circulates on the web, but not confirmed by the Fslabs team. Is it true that the sharklet release is scheduled for June 6 and not before? 

First of all, they won't announce release dates afaik - we'll get an announcement regarding the release

Secondly, don't believe everything that's being said on the 'net..

• Like 2
Leiwei Li
23 minutes ago, Francesco Baiocchi said:

I'd suggest that we forget about the release and do sth else like flying around online or reading a book. Life is still good without Sharks, all in all: Stop torturing ourselves and cheers dude.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Timo Heller
29 minutes ago, Leiwei Li said:

I'd suggest that we forget about the release and do sth else like flying around online or reading a book. Life is still good without Sharks, all in all: Stop torturing ourselves and cheers dude.

How do you dare say so?! We have nothing going on in our lives but Soonlets! :o

• Haha 2
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Leiwei Li said:

What's a life?

• Haha 3
Aleksandr Strybko

What kind of external device you will need to run EFB? Phone is ok, or do I finally need an iPad?)

Koen Meier
Just now, Aleksandr Strybko said:

What kind of external device you will need to run EFB? Phone is ok, or do I finally need an iPad?)

On a phone it will look pretty cramped I assume. It runs in a browser so it can be any tablet of the last few years I assume.

Marlon Carter
22 hours ago, Alex Pugh said:

He might be talking about different sat dome types, of which there will only be one with sharklets (the one we already have).

Correct. I guess that if the type will be the ones used by Lufthansa, my next question will be whether or not others will be added in the future? eg: Jetblue, Delta, American etc...

David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Marlon Carter said:

Correct. I guess that if the type will be the ones used by Lufthansa, my next question will be whether or not others will be added in the future? eg: Jetblue, Delta, American etc...

It was mentioned on stream, **I think** Lefteris said that they only plan for the current one for now.

Timm Rehberg

I waaannntttt tooooo riiiideee my sharkiiilyyy....

*It's too cold to ride a bike at the moment

• Haha 4
Erik Schlijper
Just now, Timm Rehberg said:

Ahahaha I feel your pain atm :D

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

We all feel your pain :D

• Haha 1
David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Who is going to do an autoland and look at the wings upon landing?

Too busy using the EFB more like

• Haha 2
Steven Silva
5 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Who is going to do an autoland and look at the wings upon landing?

me :wub:

Jan van Hecke

My ride yesterday. It ain’t shark lets but i sure do like those winglets. And it’s a A3xx carrying a lot more fuel ;) and frame rates are amazing too! Only thing I have to admit is that FSLabs efb looks cooler than the one we use :D

E1A02CFD-89AE-43B8-B1DD-0911D54E580E.jpeg

A5D4281D-0D38-4B29-A2B0-C757EF8010BD.jpeg

• Like 6
Steven Silva

In the SHARKLETS we will have the option to choose the LED lights and the ones that are not LED on the outside (landing, taxi etc.) since in real life planes with SL have non-LED light

Koen Meier

Why is that everytime FSLabs releases an big update they set the bar higher for their competitors. I know it is very much rhetorical in nature. Also we need to start another hype thread for their next unnannounced project.

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Why is that everytime FSLabs releases an big update they set the bar higher for their competitors. I know it is very much rhetorical in nature. Also we need to start another hype thread for their next unnannounced project.

Yeah don't look at me, I refuse to do a concorde one, a no comment neo one, a A3xx-xx one. Plus I feel like Lefteris would hunt me down :ph34r:

• Haha 1
Leiwei Li
3 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Before new thread we need to

close this first...

• Thanks 1
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Leiwei Li said:

Before new thread we need to

close this first...

this gets closed shortly after release.

Leiwei Li
6 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

this gets closed shortly after release.

Since I became a simmer, I am getting scared of the words like Soon and Shortly;).

• Like 1
Diogo S Ferreira
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

On a phone it will look pretty cramped I assume. It runs in a browser so it can be any tablet of the last few years I assume.

I understood it only need “something” with a browser so it means I can use it on the touch laptop I use as an EFB ?

My Best regards

Koen Meier
Just now, Diogo S Ferreira said:

I understood it only need “something” with a browser so it means I can use it on the touch laptop I use as an EFB ?

My Best regards

Some airlines use for instance a surface computer as their EFB. so a convertable laptop with touchscreen will work equally well.

• Like 1