Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Alexander Luzajic
11 minutes ago, Antonio King said:

Wait, so Q1 is pretty much over on Wednesday...

They said XMAS....not Easter.....:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Eric Fisher
6 hours ago, Alexander Luzajic said:

I heard they broke everything.....and making it again....so few more years....:lol:!

I heard at the water cooler, they are waiting on a server part that went bad that is causing the final RTM version to be delayed. It is on a ship in the Red Sea stuck in a long line of ships waiting to transit the Suez Canal. ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Nils Grube
17 minutes ago, Antonio King said:

Wait, so Q1 is pretty much over on Wednesday...

That’s true but they actually never said they would release it during that time period did they ? They just said early 2021 so in others word soon :D

• Like 2
Peter Hastings

It seems like there are several types of flight sim (aircraft, scenery or airport) developers:

Those who say: we will release this package on xxxx - and they do

Those who say: we will release this package on xxxx - and they don't

And there are some who don't say anything before release.  But 'hype' suggests that these are few?

Each of them have to manage some sort of expectation, but the second would be the worst - hence it's the worst option in forums like these.  However, the second could be much more dependant on unexpected events - and it sounds like this could have happened here?

Marvin Toepfer
8 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

However, the second could be much more dependant on unexpected events - and it sounds like this could have happened here?

I would say the whole year 2020 was unexpected. Sometimes I have the feeling that people think this whole pandemic doesn't affect FSLabs devs...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Marc Fuolega
13 minutes ago, Leiwei Li said:

Opening up this thread every morning in the office is now quite a routine for me:D

I suggest they don’t release them. Wouldn’t want to disturb your routine! 

• Haha 4
Maxime Guy
15 hours ago, Marc Fuolega said:

I suggest they don’t release them. Wouldn’t want to disturb your routine! 

I think that's that the plan regardless :lol:

Matt Bernard

I will admit that it would be nice to get the WTF update out so we know we are that much closer to the SL update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Patrick Hildebrand
1 minute ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

is today "Tuesday Madness"? too quiet around here.

I had the same thougt, really too quiet here for any release around a corner.

So it seems that there won't be SL in early 2021 :P

• Like 1
Greg Marshall

We still have today and tomorrow ;) Come on Sharklets we are waiting for you, I dare you to make an appearance in to Wing Tip Fence infested water!

Danny Moore

I don't see it happening today or tomorrow. We're still awaiting the WTF update along with the Promo Video release and a streaming flight by Blackbox711. There is no way this will happen in 2 days. If I were to guess I would say sometime around mid-April if all things are going well.   

Florian Wolf

Well...

They finished the promo video about to week ago so for me this implies they're basically finished so release should be imminent. (in a month or two:lol:

(proudly sponsored by my glass sphere) 

Marvin Toepfer
7 minutes ago, Sam Turner said:

Lets just hope they release 

They will!

..when its ready!

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
42 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Well...

They finished the promo video about to week ago so for me this implies they're basically finished so release should be imminent. (in a month or two:lol:

(proudly sponsored by my glass sphere) 

They said they were finalising the installers for the wtf update two weeks ago. Obviously they found something that needs to be fixed after that otherwise it probably wouldn’t take so long.

In the meantime to pass the time  i did some cleaning at home  and found my old tin foil hat.

I think  I remember them talking about expanding the inputs systems, like the side stick priority etc.

With the skalarki drivers being released, we can now have a nice home cockpit, and knowing that fslabs also want to aim their products at the professional market down the line, what if, what is actually coming is shared cockpit capability for their products.

I can’t imagine a professional product where you can’t simulate crew interaction.

So we probably won’t have  this  with the wtf update, or the when the sharklet releases, but surely  it something that will come down the line.

Timo Heller

My thoughts (or should I say hopes?) exactly!I didn't want to speak it out though, in fear of being burnt at the stake... :lol:

Koen Meier
2 hours ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

They said they were finalising the installers for the wtf update two weeks ago. Obviously they found something that needs to be fixed after that otherwise it probably wouldn’t take so long.

In the meantime to pass the time  i did some cleaning at home  and found my old tin foil hat.

I think  I remember them talking about expanding the inputs systems, like the side stick priority etc.

With the skalarki drivers being released, we can now have a nice home cockpit, and knowing that fslabs also want to aim their products at the professional market down the line, what if, what is actually coming is shared cockpit capability for their products.

I can’t imagine a professional product where you can’t simulate crew interaction.

So we probably won’t have  this  with the wtf update, or the when the sharklet releases, but surely  it something that will come down the line.

on a home cockpit you do not really need shared cockpit infrastructure but the ability to have both sticks function. or how would you see the throttle move if the FO moves it to toga but yours does not respond in the home cockpit

however people flying just with the VC can benefit from it.

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

Yes you're  right. I'm was just thinking about the global direction they are taking.

Florian Wolf

Next BB711 stream is on April1st, please please with a big cherry on top let it be a A32B stream!

Would be kind of ironically fitting to the date:D

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
David Norfolk
13 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151. :)

Let's gooooooooo

• Like 2
Patrick Hildebrand
49 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151. :)

@Lefteris KalamarasThank you for your words regarding the current situation. I speak for many when I say that we also wish you and your family and the whole team a lot of health. Stay safe and thanks for the update!

• Like 9
San Lin

Is there no WTF for V151 update? I thought this update will include WTF. Does that mean that there will be another WTF update than the sharklet that we have been waiting for will be released?

Robin Locher
1 minute ago, San Lin said:
Is there no WTF for V151 update? I thought this update will include WTF. Does that mean that there will be another WTF update than the sharklet that we have been waiting for will be released?

It’s for the wing tip fences. Sharklets will come later and you have to pay for them.

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, San Lin said:

This update is for the Wing Tip Fences. 

Norman Blackburn

Please try and keep your posts to SL . I've just moved a few which were asking about new features.

• Thanks 4
Greg Marshall
3 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Please try and keep your posts to SL . I've just moved a few which were asking about new features.

Sharklets, can we have some more please? :)

Yinjie Zhang

hi basic question...the sharklet is mainly 3D model and performance differences right?  It is otherwise the same airplane?

Koen Meier
22 minutes ago, Yinjie Zhang said:

hi basic question...the sharklet is mainly 3D model and performance differences right?  It is otherwise the same airplane?

The expansion will feature more than just the added structure and flight dynamics. The wing root design, efb, software updates, and maybe even more goodies not yet known.

Domantas Ušeckas
28 minutes ago, Yinjie Zhang said:

It must be the same airplane, otherwise it would require a new typerating.

David Norfolk
5 hours ago, Yinjie Zhang said:

They are but at the sametime they're not. Most of the differences are under the hood. 

• Like 1