Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Stu Antonio

Just found this old post by my overly optimistic past-self. :D  Who would have guessed we'll wait for another year back then..:D ...

bNOoEUV.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Endrit Palushi

Plot twist fslabs are stuck in 2020 still waiting for it to become “early 2021” :ph34r:

• Haha 2
Richard Portier
2 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

I don’t know why I come here everyday to look. I’m sure the word will spread pretty quickly once it releases.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t know why I come here every year to look.:lol:

Richard.

• Haha 1
Danny Moore
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Lefteris & Andy, FSLabs.
Teasing us with sharklets since 2017 :D :D 

2017, Seems like yesterday. If we only knew what we know now, LOL.  Cosford 2019

Screenshot_1.jpg

• Sad 2
Rafal Haczek

Teasing us with sharklets

But you have to admit they are absolute masters at it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Florian Wolf

Right!

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Rafal Haczek said:

But you have to admit they are absolute masters at it.

Indeed. Plus, they stayed on course and delivered the 319 and 321, as they  planned back then....

James Littler

Maybe they are simply waiting for all EU citizens to have their first jab? No use travelling virtually to the continent without a first jab or an excuse at least:unsure:

Joking aside, must be pretty tough with all the dev team spanning the globe!

David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Rafal Haczek said:

@Stu Antonio Let me borrow your image for some Caption It fun to release the tension eating our brains and veins.

fslabsguys2.png

Andrew looks like his telling the barman his next round of drinks.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Peter Hastings
38 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Andrew looks like his telling the barman his next round of drinks.

Lol!

However, I'm surprised that there has been no mention of what @Andrew Wilson said here yesterday: '... more financially viable titles that are scheduled to follow the SL’s.'

Probably Concorde?  But what next? We need more details so that the next hype thread can be started!

• Haha 1
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Peter Hastings said:

Lol!

However, I'm surprised that there has been no mention of what @Andrew Wilson said here yesterday: '... more financially viable titles that are scheduled to follow the SL’s.'

Probably Concorde?  But what next? We need more details so that the next hype thread can be started!

My bet long haul.

Camille MOUCHEL

Imagine they released it on april fools day.

I hope their servers will hold the load when it's ready for sale

Karl Brooker
9 hours ago, Peter Hastings said:

Lol!

Concorde and the touted A3XX project, I'd guess. Financially viable would generally mean a "base pack" like the original A320-X so yea :D pre-hype hype.

Koen Meier
Just now, Karl Brooker said:

Concorde and the touted A3XX project, I'd guess. Financially viable would generally mean a "base pack" like the original A320-X so yea :D pre-hype hype.

Also neo perhaps as it is also financially viable one would assume.

• Like 2
Lukas Leccese
16 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Just found this old post by my overly optimistic past-self. :D  Who would have guessed we'll wait for another year back then..:D ...

bNOoEUV.png

I remember writing “all I know is that the SL will be out sometime this year” back in March 2020. 

Oh boy was I wrong :D 

Stu Antonio
6 minutes ago, Lukas Leccese said:

I remember writing “all I know is that the SL will be out sometime this year” back in March 2020. 

Oh boy was I wrong :D 

Yeah... I laughed at some people here who thought it will be out before summer 2020 after that official statement in April. And I thought to myself "this will take until the end of summer 2020, you fools!" :D ... Then Lefteris wrote that the devs are having a well deserved summer vacation (fair enough) and I thought "ah, okay, so this sounds like it's gonna be autumn".... :D haha, and with no release in autumn, I thought this will never ever take until Christmas, that just can't be.... :D ....  

Yes, oh boy was I wrong too...

Now I fear that my thought "okay, 'early 2021' sound like February or March" will be wrong too... 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
Petri Koivisto

Now I fear that my thought "okay, 'early 2021' sound like February or March" will be wrong too... 

On 3/5/2021 at 9:57 AM, Petri Koivisto said:

Late... late July. No, wait. Make it October. Before Xmas at the latest. Maybe. :D

Ok muchachos, just remember what I said... I CAN'T be wrong! :D

Patrick Hildebrand
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Yeah... I laughed at some people here who thought it will be out before summer 2020 after that official statement in April. And I thought to myself "this will take until the end of summer 2020, you fools!" :D ... Then Lefteris wrote that the devs are having a well deserved summer vacation (fair enough) and I thought "ah, okay, so this sounds like it's gonna be autumn".... :D haha, and with no release in autumn, I thought this will never ever take until Christmas, that just can't be.... :D ....  

And now everbody is thinking that the SL will come before April.. what a joke :D

Matt Bernard

It is interesting how we all post here longing to get our hands on the SL expansion. some more patiently than others. Thankfully FSL have a good record of proving that the wait, however long it is, is generally worth it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Daniel Reber
12 hours ago, Peter Hastings said:

Yes, but a bit of a tease!

Well, obviously we´ve had one quite some time ago. The A3XX can carry more fuel than the A320 series. I suggest this would end up being an A330, A340, A350 or A380. Can´t imagine any of them would be less financally viable than the A300/A310. 

• Like 1
Florian Wolf

There‘s no worse moment than having to fly the WTF A320 instead of an A32A irl...

Robert Sutherland
13 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

And no further information

Norman said they discovered issues that needed to be fixed, and that these fixes then needed to be tested. What else would you like them to say? That they don't know when the update will be released because it depends on the fixes being successful? 

They aren't holding updates back to spite anyone, so the best thing you can do is to just wait. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Patrick Hildebrand

Yes this was mentioned about the update.. but nothing about SL. Only there will be a promovideo

Robert Sutherland
3 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Yes this was mentioned about the update.. but nothing about SL. Only there will be a promovideo

Ah right. 

I assume they are waiting to release the promo video for when they're nearing the release of the SL addon, which is dependent on the update being released too. 

The release of one should hopefully see a domino effect for the rest. Fingers crossed! 

• Haha 1
Patrick Hildebrand
Just now, Robert Sutherland said:

Ah right. 

I assume they are waiting to release the promo video for when they're nearing the release of the SL addon, which is dependent on the update being released too. 

Yes we all "assume" this is what I mean ;)

Nevertheless waiting is our mission .. :huh::D

Eric Fisher
2 hours ago, Florian Wolf said:

There‘s no worse moment than having to fly the WTF A320 instead of an A32A irl...

I'm likely not even going to install the WTF update that's coming. Will wait for the SL. Another maintenance update does not interest me. I'm enjoying a certain 777 now anyways. 

Rob Jones

Think you'll need the update for the sharklets to work.

Ben Kata
3 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

I'm likely not even going to install the WTF update that's coming. Will wait for the SL. Another maintenance update does not interest me. I'm enjoying a certain 777 now anyways. 

You will probably need the update for the sharks to work. Might as well install it when it comes out 

Marvin Toepfer
On 3/14/2021 at 9:19 PM, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Of course D-AIZR, D-AEWM, D-AIZS or OE-IQD :D

:ph34r:

2021-3-26_18-12-34-109.png

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2
Tim Nitz
1 minute ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

:ph34r:

2021-3-26_18-12-34-109.png

Nooooo!! Dont you dare uploading it!

Just kidding, great details tho! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Holger Teutsch

Im looking forward to...

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Removed discounts.ogg
Koen Meier
35 minutes ago, Holger Teutsch said:

Im looking forward to...

That clearly didn't work out.

Eric Fisher
2 hours ago, Ben Kata said:

You will probably need the update for the sharks to work. Might as well install it when it comes out 

No, it does not matter.  It will be all new installers for the SL. Whether I have the upcoming WTF update will be irrelevant.  Same process as before for users that just buy it new, installers all the same.

• Haha 1
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Eric Fisher said:

No, it does not matter.  It will be all new installers for the SL. Whether I have the upcoming WTF update will be irrelevant.  Same process as before for users that just buy it new, installers all the same.

Only support reasons tbh.

Norman Blackburn

Your assumption is wrong Eric.  In much the same way as the current 319 won't work with an older 320 nor will the upcoming sharklets.  They will require the latest base A320-X 

Ben Kata
2 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

as Norman stated you will need to update, really no reason not to! Bug fixes and performance improvements are always welcome