• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Patrick Hildebrand
7 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer drops at the sametime as the WTF update tbf. 

I think that is their plan:ph34r:  

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer drops at the sametime as the WTF update tbf. 

I’d be very surprised actually. But I like surprises :) 

On the other hand, nothing can really surprise me anymore. Even if we still talk about the promo video in summer ... This has been “close” for too long now.... I don’t believe anything anymore.

• Like 11
Dr T Maurice Murphy

As we cross the 5,000 barrier, perhaps this thread should be retitled Sharklets HOPE.  :(

M,

• Like 3
Klaus Schmitzer

In the future, when the counting already has stopped a long time ago, and our kids and the kids of our kids are still writing in this thread - because the parents already did so... There will be old storys about sharks and what they had hoped for. 

... Just kidding ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
Marc Stanford

I'm just gonna say this and leave it.

Given how much time it's been since the last update I'm almost certain that the remaining/missing MCDU features are finally being added in.

• Like 1
Danny Moore
2 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Given how much time it's been since the last update I'm almost certain that the remaining/missing MCDU features are finally being added in.

Well look who is still alive, LOL. It's been over a month. As you can see, were still waiting. 

STEFAN DORDEVIC
6 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

From you mouth to God's ears :D

Nils Grube
36 minutes ago, Patrick Hildebrand said:

Another day without any infos

Well one day closer to release :D

• Haha 1
Alex Pugh
1 hour ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

The calm before the storm.

How many times has this been said over the past 9 months? lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Patrick Muehlmann
50 minutes ago, Nils Grube said:

Well one day closer to release :D

YES !!!!

only 5 Month from NOW !! LMAO

Daniel Reber

Does anybody know about the time we had to wait between the last screenshots of the A319/A321 and their release?

Nils Grube
1 hour ago, Patrick Muehlmann said:

YES !!!!

only 5 Month from NOW !! LMAO

yeah 
Haha soooooon :D 

Maxime Guy
1 hour ago, Daniel Reber said:

Does anybody know about the time we had to wait between the last screenshots of the A319/A321 and their release?

Irrelevant in my opinion

• Like 1
Pascal Wagner

Will have a late flight tonight to IAH. Just came from the steakhouse. Oh damn I m so stuffed. Need to talk to the PF and letting him know, we need TOGA and Flaps3. Plane will be a A321 later tonight. Maybe a Sharky. Let's see. So we passed March 20 (3/20). We are heading into April, what is considered Q2. Are we on track with the release? 

Miguel de gonzalo

For me its a shame that they are not going to update the a319..... Its the same product as A320 and A321 , i will recomend to my friends  to dont buy the A319 expansion.....  Completely dissapointed FSLABS.....

If you make a product , try to make all of the be the same in terms of updates , I dont care if in real life there are not much A319 with winglets wich it was your explanation on why you are not updating it , I think so many people bought the expansion A319 and they deserve the same.....

Koen Meier
Just now, Miguel de gonzalo said:

For me its a shame that they are not going to update the a319..... Its the same product as A320 and A321 , i will recomend to my friends  to dont buy the A319 expansion.....  Completely dissapointed FSLABS.....

Who said the a319 is not getting an update? every fslabs update to my knowledge has been for all released products so if the a320 gets an update the a319 and a321 get one as well.

It is not getting sharklets but that shouldn’t be a reason not to buy the a319. The a319 has its own unique character. 

• Like 1
Miguel de gonzalo
4 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Who said the a319 is not getting an update? every fslabs update to my knowledge has been for all released products so if the a320 gets an update the a319 and a321 get one as well.

It is not getting sharklets but that shouldn’t be a reason not to buy the a319. The a319 has its own unique character. 

I think they said the will not implement sharklets on the a319 , so they wont update like the A320 A321 , Read what i write above , i just edit it 

Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

I think they said the will not implement sharklets on the a319 , so they wont update like the A320 A321 , Read what i write above , i just edit it 

I don’t see the sharklets as an update but as an expansion. Two different things imho. All the products are getting updates.

people bought the a319 back then because of the exclusive features it had at first and the unique characteristics in flying. They didn’t buy it because of future sharklets.

• Like 2
Cristian Rosas
5 minutes ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

I don't see any reason for your actual complains. A319 will still get upgraded, no sharklets version tho because it's kinda unnecessary with just a few operators of that model.

A320 and A321 are well used now with sharklets so, not implementing them in any of both models would be a mistake.

Now, if you just don't "like" the sharklet-less A319 provided by FS Labs, go and use AS then, but also, tell them to build the A318 with PW6000 engines since you don't like missing "special" models.

• Like 1
Miguel de gonzalo
Just now, Koen Meier said:

I don’t see the sharklets as an update but as an expansion. Two different things imho. All the products are getting updates.

people bought the a319 back then because of the exclusive features it had at first and the unique characteristics in flying. They didn’t buy it because of future sharklets.

No bro , you are wrong , If you see as an update or as an expansion it doesnt matter , even though as A or B it wont have the same as others , also if i buy a product i usually like to have the same oportunity in terms of updates , in this case the sharkelt. So if i bough it , i would like to have the same change as the other ones , so dont defend what does make no sense.

Miguel de gonzalo
7 minutes ago, Cristian Rosas said:

I don't see any reason for your actual complains. A319 will still get upgraded, no sharklets version tho because it's kinda unnecessary with just a few operators of that model.

A320 and A321 are well used now with sharklets so, not implementing them in any of both models would be a mistake.

Now, if you just don't "like" the sharklet-less A319 provided by FS Labs, go and use AS then, but also, tell them to build the A318 with PW6000 engines since you don't like missing "special" models.

Lol another one , for you its unnecesary ok good for you , but for me i dont care if not so much operator have it , airbus buld it and thats enough for me . I m just saying i would like to have sharkelts also as the A320  A321.  I have my right to complain , i hate AS  for me the only airplanes that are good is PMDG and fslabs , PMDG dont distinguise on the operators or the ammount of companies that are flyijg that aircraft , they just make it .

Norman Blackburn
16 minutes ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

The 319, 320 and 321 Wing Tip Fences will all be updated.

• Like 2
Miguel de gonzalo
5 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

The 319, 320 and 321 Wing Tip Fences will all be updated.

But you said the A319 wont have sharklets right ? or i rode wrong ?

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

But you said the A319 wont have sharklets right ? or i rode wrong ?

That is correct, it will not.  But the Wing Tip Fence will still be updated.

Koen Meier

who knows the future maybe the efb will come to the a319 as well. I firmly believe all software related things will be in all models down the road. 

• Thanks 1
Miguel de gonzalo
13 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

That is correct, it will not.  But the Wing Tip Fence will still be updated.

Well that what i was saying , i just simply dont get why it wont have sharklets as the other family members you are making....  You guys said its because not many companies operate them ?......  I dont think its a enough reason... All the product you have should have the same caractheristics in terms of update model for example , like sharklets

As a customer i would like to see the same as the others.... I think its a fair opinion...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Koen Meier
Just now, Miguel de gonzalo said:

Well that what i was saying , i just simply dont get why it wont have sharklets as the other family members you are making....  You guys said its because not many companies operate them ?......  I dont think its a enough reason... All the product you have should have the same caractheristics...

As a customer i would like to see the same as the others.... I think its a fair opinion...

Think about the investment that comes with the modeling that fslabs does. Is there a return on that investment?

Miguel de gonzalo
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

Think about the investment that comes with the modeling that fslabs does. Is there a return on that investment?

Of course not , im still impressed on every flight i make , but its just  what i said and you guys should understand what i mean....

David Wind

I am not sure what you are complaining about.

FSLabs are – and have continuously been – putting a tremendous effort into updating all three wingtip fence models to the latest standard – all for free.

As for the A320/A321 sharklet expansion, I am sure FSLabs have their reasons for not including the A319, whether it be the limited number of operators and/or other development reasons.

As previously stated, the expansion adds numerous new features, of which a full list hasn’t even been announced yet, and given the unique flight characteristics between each models that the team are so meticulously modeling, it’s so much more than just adding a few model changes on the end of the wing.

You mentioned that that people “deserve the same” when buying the A319.
Well, you’ve bought the A3XX wingtip fence models. No more, no less and therefore I don’t see how you are not getting the same update opportunities, as all three WTF models are getting updates and the sharklet expansion is a new product.

Anyway, I’m sure we’re all looking very much forward to the release! Or atleast the promovideo, more pictures, news, anything really :P

And to keep the hype up, here’s a sharklet in sunset from the last time I sat in a plane, more than a year ago …
Sharklet-in-Sunset.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
David Norfolk

Them not making the 319 SL was a wise choice, what is the point in it exactly? How many airlines run them? One? Maybe two? The amount of time & effort that would have to go into it probably wasn't worth the final outcome. Plus, wherever the 319 can go...so can the 320 

• Like 1
Stu Antonio
6 hours ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

All the product you have should have the same caractheristics in terms of update model for example , like sharklets

According to this logic, you should also demand all the other rarely used Airbus options. Like Air India's extra wheels:

5598504534_751ac450b1_o-1.jpg

• Haha 7
Andrew Wilson
You guys said its because not many companies operate them ?......  I dont think its a enough reason...

Miguel, with the greatest respect, it’s not you paying the bills. The A319-SL is not a financially viable title due to this very reason. In broad terms, our two Sharklet titles have taken over nine months to create each one (dividing 18 months equally here for example only) - adding a third to the mix would add (again, broadly speaking) another nine months to the project. This would not only add development cost and time to our SL program - but also resources lost from more financially viable titles that are scheduled to follow the SL’s.
  • Like 20
  • Thanks 1
Patrick Ojanen
8 hours ago, Miguel de gonzalo said:

If you make a product , try to make all of the be the same in terms of updates , I dont care if in real life there are not much A319 with winglets wich it was your explanation on why you are not updating it , I think so many people bought the expansion A319 and they deserve the same.....

Well you don't get ACT for A320 but you get it in A321. So with your logic you can't fly A320 at all bc A321 got some more options than A320.

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

I didn't realise how rare were the 319CEO with sharklets. It seems like most of them are actually NEOs... And even then, the 319 is loosing orders and it seems like airlines now rather go for A220 when they only need 120-130 pax capacity (except EZY:P

Aaron Brand
29 minutes ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

I didn't realise how rare were the 319CEO with sharklets. It seems like most of them are actually NEOs... And even then, the 319 is loosing orders and it seems like airlines now rather go for A220 when they only need 120-130 pax capacity (except EZY:P

I may or may not be correct here, but I don't believe that EZY are getting anymore A319s in the future.  I could be wrong, it wont be the first time.

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
31 minutes ago, Aaron Brand said:

I may or may not be correct here, but I don't believe that EZY are getting anymore A319s in the future.  I could be wrong, it wont be the first time.

My bad! I have been out of the loop since the pandemic started... You must be right!