• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Timo Heller said:

Can anybody find what this update brings? Anything new or just bug fixes?

V1.9 (18 February 2020)

New Config Options / Features / Fixes:

1. Possible to change modes while "Climb Flow" flashing using arrow buttons on the Main Panel should you ever get stuck.

2. Added a vertical speed condition to the "Cabin Crew Prepare for Landing" PA from the FO/PM to prevent it from accidentally triggering if you put FS2Crew into Descent Mode prior to the Top of the Drop.

3. New Config Options:

i) Option to have a double ding instead of FO saying "Cabin Crew Seats for Takeoff/Landing".  This was based on user request.  Numerous airlines use this method.

ii) Option to not have the FO raise the flaps to only Flaps 1 after landing if the temperature is over 30 degrees.

• Like 1
Nils Grube
9 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

How many pages we still need for release? :D 

My guess is 10-15 First we need the WTF Update to really start the hype for the SL :D

• Haha 1
Ramon De Valencia
3 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

How many pages we still need for release? :D 

They are waiting for the installers to reach 100%

• Haha 1
Norman Blackburn
29 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

They are waiting for the installers to reach 100%

I know this may come as a shock to some.... or maybe something was discovered and is being rectified which in turn requires testing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 7
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Norman Blackburn said:

I know this may come as a shock to some.... or maybe something was discovered and is being rectified which in turn requires testing.

glad it was discovered. otherwise we would have experienced possible failures.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Stu Antonio
9 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

glad it was discovered. otherwise we would have experienced possible failures.

my nerves are experiencing possible failures.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
48 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Much better than delivering a buggy product. Thanks for the heads-up !!

Florian Wolf
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

my nerves are experiencing possible failures.

Made my day hahahah:lol:

Camille MOUCHEL

did you guys know that even for the conditionning, CFD is done in real time in the fslab ?

Paul Ziegler
25 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

did you guys know that even for the conditionning, CFD is done in real time in the fslab ?

What is your understanding of CFD here?

Koen Meier
Just now, Paul Ziegler said:

Mine would say either computational fluid dynamics or connected flight deck

Camille MOUCHEL

computational fluid dynamics indeed :

• Like 1
Camille MOUCHEL
21 minutes ago, Paul Ziegler said:

from A.Wilson :

It's all based on thermal flux calculations - taking into consideration the heat radiation each passenger contributes, in addition to heating energy from avionics, sun radiation. Open doors/cockpit windows - I think we even model the cold air sink you get on descent (where the more dense, colder air moves towards the flight deck).
We do similar calculations with our fuel temps. You may not have noticed, but the temps in the wing that is in the aircraft shadow will be slightly cooler 
Paul Ziegler

Ok but I can assure you these are just super simple differential equations or even analytical ones. Any serious CFD cannot be done in realtime and offers you no advantage in this kind of calculations.

• Like 3
Philippe Gleize

There are no CFD calculations made in real time in our product. Saying the contrary would be an obvious lie. However we did use CFD to fine tune models in many points.

For systems related  to environment we do extended thermal flux/balance calculations for air conditionning, fuel, packs, pressurization.

Finally compressors and turbines performance like in packs or APU bleed are described by maps.

It’s the only way to remain coherent in a simulation and that’s what differentiates us from mimicking sims.

• Like 13
Camille MOUCHEL
58 minutes ago, Paul Ziegler said:

Ok but I can assure you these are just super simple differential equations or even analytical ones. Any serious CFD cannot be done in realtime and offers you no advantage in this kind of calculations.

yes you're right but they are time dependant (instationnary)

David Norfolk
27 minutes ago, Philippe Gleize said:

There are no CFD calculations made in real time in our product. Saying the contrary would be an obvious lie. However we did use CFD to fine tune models in many points.

For systems remated to environment we do extended thermal flux/balance calculations for air conditionning, fuel, packs, pressurization.

Finally compressors and turbines performance like in packs or APU bleed are described by maps.

It’s the only way to remain coherent in a simulation and that’s what differentiates us from mimicking sims.

I gained a headache from reading this

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
Camille MOUCHEL
30 minutes ago, Philippe Gleize said:

For systems remated to environment we do extended thermal flux/balance calculations for air conditionning, fuel, packs, pressurization.

it's been a long time i haven't see you post haha

klaus legrand

Apparently there is an issue on how the simulation effects for the rear galley coffee  machine are produced. The testers have found it smells more like tea than coffee, hence the time it's taking.

Come on guys ! some smiles before the week end !

:D

• Like 1
  • Haha 6
Lukas Leccese
6 hours ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Much better than delivering a buggy product. Thanks for the heads-up !!

Seriously, it is very refreshing nowadays. 

• Like 3
Koen Meier

i have a strange gut feeling the delays was due to some windows updates that have caused issues that have been reported since the last week or so.

Ajit Sidhu

I heard the delay is because the lady in 12B refuses to put her Tray Table and Seat Back in the upright position :D

Pax always slow everything down, how everything would be ontime otherwise B)

• Haha 1
Camille MOUCHEL

Lockdown back in France for 4 Weeks, release it please so I can fly it :P

Stu Antonio
3 hours ago, San Lin said:

So silent

We're waiting desperately for the WTF update so we can finally start waiting desperately for the promo video which will then allow us to keep waiting desperately for the SL release :D

• Like 6
  • Haha 6
Florian Wolf
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

We're waiting desperately for the WTF update so we can finally start waiting desperately for the promo video which will then allow us to keep waiting desperately for the SL release :D

Sounds like a plan 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Timm Rehberg
19 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

and in between 5.2 comes out and WTF needs to be updated again :D 

Patrick Hildebrand
11 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

There between windows updates their product several times so the WTF update needs to be tested again. So SL maybe 2023? Like the lockdowns all over the world

never ending story of waiting.

Florian Wolf

i’m triggered.

• Haha 1
Danny Moore

Well at least they said there not waiting for 5.2 to drop. So the update should be soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nils Grube
5 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Yeah that chance is pretty high that this could be the case :ph34r:

• Sad 2
Stu Antonio

Did you guys ever notice that you're not allowed/able to search the forum for the word "soon"? :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
Florian Wolf

Lufthansa will reactivate their first A32A by tomorrow (D-AIWA) sooo it‘s about to be time;)

More will be reactivated until April 1st so is March the Month??? I‘d love to fly one out of storage:lol:

Edit: D-AIUT already active since today let‘s go:lol:

Matt Bernard

We got a nice development update from the PMDG team recently so maybe we will get lucky and get an update from FSLabs. Dreams can come true! :)

Florian Wolf
3 minutes ago, Matt Bernard said:

We got a nice development update from the PMDG team recently so maybe we will get lucky and get an update from FSLabs. Dreams can come true! :)

Mate we got one just a week ago or so...

Ramon De Valencia
26 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Mate we got one just a week ago or so...

the one about the finished video and the installers getting compiled?

Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, Ramon De Valencia said:

the one about the finished video and the installers getting compiled?

Installers for the wtf update which received a slight delay due to an issue. The video will like come after that and closer to release of the sharklets

• Like 1
Patrick Hildebrand
1 hour ago, Florian Wolf said:

Lufthansa will reactivate their first A32A by tomorrow (D-AIWA) sooo it‘s about to be time;)

More will be reactivated until April 1st so is March the Month??? I‘d love to fly one out of storage:lol:

Or flying Eurowings Mallorca–„Bomber“ with an A320 SL :D

• Haha 1
Florian Wolf

tEurowings:D

David Norfolk
29 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Installers for the wtf update which received a slight delay due to an issue. The video will like come after that and closer to release of the sharklets

I wouldn't be surprised if the trailer drops at the sametime as the WTF update tbf. 

• Like 2