Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Eric Fisher
5 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Are you the same Eric Fisher who complained about how long it took for the 777 update to be released on the PMDG forums? 

Perhaps you should get your expectations in check and accept that there is no linear approach to releasing software? And that the more detail you expect, the more development time is needed and the more there is the potential for complications? 

The absurd thing is to assume that it's taking so long because FSLabs aren't doing something right. 

Ya, complaining about waiting 8 years for a 777 update from them. Shame on me, I've should've given them a full decade.

• Like 6
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2
  • Replies 7.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Robert Sutherland
48 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

Ya, complaining about waiting 8 years for a 777 update from them. Shame on me, I've should've given them a full decade.

You didn't wait 8 years for an update from PMDG for the 777, and it's not like FSLabs haven't provided updates since they first announced they were working on the sharklets. 

Making up imaginary timelines and then being entitled about them doesn't really win you any plaudits. 

Anyway, here's hoping we see the A320 update drop soon. I'm excited to see what advancements FSLabs have made :) 

• Like 3
Chris Frasure
On 3/15/2021 at 7:48 AM, Matt Bernard said:

I am personally looking forward to commissioning a Delta Widget Retro livery when the Sharklets release. :)

I’m in!!

CF

Florian Wolf

Will that WTF Update be the last update before the SL release?

Like we‘ve seen it with the 321 release which also had a normal 320 base update shortly before.

Koen Meier
Just now, Florian Wolf said:

Like we‘ve seen it with the 321 release which also had a normal 320 base update shortly before.

well generally there is always been an update to the base pack before an expension to make it work.

Timm Rehberg
31 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

You won´t get an answer to this. Its hard to say if maybe another bug is appearing after the release of the upcoming update.
If not, who knows if the development of the Sharklets gets another shift into the future by something poping up as a issue.

Its all a "maybe" and it should be quiet clear that FSL is not speaking about time frames for releases, luckily.
Lets just hope the best :) The busses are pretty well to fly even without those Sharklets attached :P

Timm Rehberg

Btw. I don´t need the Sharklets anyway. My Tablet was suddenly not working anymore and it's in maintenance since 3 weeks now. No EFB - no Sharklets - no FSL update :D

David Norfolk
2 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Btw. I don´t need the Sharklets anyway. My Tablet was suddenly not working anymore and it's in maintenance since 3 weeks now. No EFB - no Sharklets - no FSL update :D

But you do need them ;), keep telling yourself that you don't it's okay ;) 

• Haha 1
Timm Rehberg
1 minute ago, David Norfolk said:

But you do need them ;), keep telling yourself that you don't it's okay ;) 

I am anyway blocked to buy them :(

Matt Bernard
41 minutes ago, Chris Frasure said:

I’m in!!

CF

In all seriousness, does anyone know of someone I can commision to do this livery? I have no problem with Inibuilds policy of making the livery you paid for available for public use, but when they want full price for an update I refuse to give them my business.

Marvin Toepfer
8 minutes ago, Matt Bernard said:

In all seriousness, does anyone know of someone I can commision to do this livery? I have no problem with Inibuilds policy of making the livery you paid for available for public use, but when they want full price for an update I refuse to give them my business.

You can ask a painter directly, that’s the easiest way. 

• Like 1
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Matt Bernard said:

Request it here & a painter *may* do it like Marv said. 

Eric Fisher
10 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Making up imaginary timelines and then being entitled about them doesn't really win you any plaudits. 

:) 

Like I care about "winning" anything in a flightsim forum. LOL.... 

• Confused 1
Eric Fisher
9 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

You won´t get an answer to this. Its hard to say if maybe another bug is appearing after the release of the upcoming update.
If not, who knows if the development of the Sharklets gets another shift into the future by something poping up as a issue.

Its all a "maybe" and it should be quiet clear that FSL is not speaking about time frames for releases, luckily.
Lets just hope the best :) The busses are pretty well to fly even without those Sharklets attached :P

And then if P3D v5.2 drops,  reset your clocks and prepare to wait even longer.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Nathan Stringer
30 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

rumor has it they are waiting for 5.2 to drop.

• Haha 3
Marvin Toepfer
8 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

Eric, to be a positive guy makes life easier ;) 

• Like 3
Stu Antonio
10 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

Yeah, but that‘s what development means. 

Steven Silva

I wonder every day when they at least release the video. There will be hours, days, weeks, months, years, centuries?? haha I'm going crazy:huh::rolleyes:

• Like 2
Stu Antonio
On 3/12/2021 at 10:58 AM, Andrew Wilson said:

Testing is now complete and we're finalising the installers.

Can someone explain to my non-software-developer-brain what "finalizing the installers" mean? To me it sounds like the program is finished and has to be "packed" somehow. Does it really take a couple of days or even weeks to make an installer for it? (Seriously, I have no idea...)

• Sad 1
Steven Silva
10 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

¿Alguien puede explicarle a mi cerebro que no es desarrollador de software qué significa "finalizar los instaladores"? A mí me parece que el programa está terminado y tiene que ser "empaquetado" de alguna manera. ¿Realmente se necesitan un par de días o incluso semanas para hacer un instalador? (En serio, no tengo ni idea ...)

me too

Sunny Andonov
31 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Can someone explain to my non-software-developer-brain what "finalizing the installers" mean? To me it sounds like the program is finished and has to be "packed" somehow. Does it really take a couple of days or even weeks to make an installer for it? (Seriously, I have no idea...)

Here's how I can describe this for some short time being in the software development world.

It means that they have a successful package build by some type of build server they are testing their software builds on. Every change that they make has to be tested and verified. That package is likely locked to certain version which they are aiming to release (so called pre-release build) and therefore are they finalizing the installers. The package I am referring to is going to be unarchived by the installers they are working on and then you can enjoy your FSLabs plane ;) I think the statement of "finalizing the installers" does not provide too much information on how long would that take. It depends on many things in software development. It does give you hope that its going to be sometime soon though :)

Again, this is purely my theory around this.

Hope this info helps

• Thanks 1
Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Sunny Andonov said:

Here's how I can describe for some short time being in the software development world.

It means that they have a successful package build by some type of build server they are testing they are software builds on. Every change that they make has to be tested and verified. That package is likely locked to certain version which they are aiming to release (so called pre-release build) and therefore are they finalizing the installers. The package I am referring to is going to be unarchived by the installers they are working on and then you can enjoy your FALabs plane ;) I think the statement of "finalizing the installers" does not provide too much information on how long would that take. It depends on many things in software development. It does give you hope that its going to be sometime soon though :)

Again, this is purely my theory around this.

Hope this info helps

Sounds reasonable, thanks!

• Like 1
Peter Hastings
1 minute ago, Stu Antonio said:

Sounds reasonable, thanks!

They probably have to test the installers on different versions of P3D and different versions of Windows 10 to make sure that they install correctly (and correctly uninstalls previously installed versions of the aircraft as well).

It's an important step - imagine the chaos if the software was working, but the installer didn't work properly and we couldn't fly the planes!  The forum would melt down :rolleyes:

• Like 1
Patrick Hildebrand
6 minutes ago, Mihai Armas said:

What this could mean?

fsl.jpg

That FSCrew will update their product for FSLabs Airbuses

• Like 1
  • Haha 7
Stu Antonio
20 minutes ago, Mihai Armas said:

What this could mean?

FS2Crew updated their Software several times in the past without any connection to FSLabs' release schedule. So it very well means nothing other than what Patrick already wrote above... 

Maxime Guy
50 minutes ago, Sany Anachar said:

Thanks to photoshop to give me the illusion to have the sharks :)

2021-2-24_19-37-26-264.png

For 2sec I thought that was a real screenshot... Was getting excited 

• Thanks 1
Roger Repasky

Hi everyone! 

I can’t tell you all how excited I am for this release! SL on the 320/321 will be an awesome add on, in addition to all the other features. I really wanted to thank the whole FSLabs team though. Every product they have produced is groundbreaking and industry leading! It seems like the anticipation for every plane has been well worth it. FSLabs had really been there for me and all simmers in the pandemic. When cities were shut down and air travel was severely dampened, the virtual world of flight simulation never missed a beat, and FSLabs was always on top of my list of preferred aircraft. 

So as we get closer to release, I just want to say thank you to the team, thank you for your hard work, and thank you for this forum. Without your passion, I don’t think I would’ve made it through the pandemic. It will be well worth the time and effort we all know you are putting in. 

Thanks guys!

Roger Repasky

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
Norman Blackburn
1 hour ago, dcflyer said:

Hi everyone!

Hello Roger

Please change your forum name to be your real first and last names.  

Thank you in advance. 

Roger Repasky
39 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hello Roger

Please change your forum name to be your real first and last names.  

Thank you in advance. 

On it! Sorry!

Norman Blackburn
1 minute ago, Roger Repasky said:

On it! Sorry!

Much appreciated!

Koen Meier
20 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Calling it now, the SL release is gonna be bigger than the 321.

That was difficult tbh.

René Mrosek
4 hours ago, Sany Anachar said:

Thanks to photoshop to give me the illusion to have the sharks :)

Is it really photoshopped? :D Doesn't look to me. And if it is. It's damn well made. The LED Lights, the sharklet to wing transition...

• Like 1
Sany Anachar
2 hours ago, René Mrosek said:

Is it really photoshopped? :D Doesn't look to me. And if it is. It's damn well made. The LED Lights, the sharklet to wing transition...

Thanks! Indeed it is, otherwise they'll fire me lol. I'm not a beta tester though.

Here is the original one. 

2021-2-24_19-37-36-822.png

• Like 2
Stu Antonio
17 hours ago, Mihai Armas said:

What this could mean?

Apparently, FS2Crew for FSL has now been updated to 1.9

image.png.2e8c3af2999d4381fa0f4747b5bfb518.png

René Mrosek
10 hours ago, Sany Anachar said:

Thanks! Indeed it is, otherwise they'll fire me lol. I'm not a beta tester though.

Here is the original one. 

Awesome, you really got me there. But I should have seen the "wrong" position light color, my fault :D

• Haha 1