Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Stu Antonio
57 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

when you are constantly flying the FSL with all it's nice things from the ground up I don't really have the motivation to fly something else

I can totally agree. I tried the modded A320 in MSFS, and went into it with a "okay, I know it's not FSLabs level but I'll try to have fun"-attitude, but after 10minutes and the 10th thing/item/knob/function not working or modeled, I lost interest so quickly that I never left the ground... 
Not bashing MSFS or fly-by-wire's work, I'm just agreeing with Flo, when you're use to a certain level, it's hard to accept anything less. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Robin SI0DlAK
2 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I can totally agree. I tried the modded A320 in MSFS, and went into it with a "okay, I know it's not FSLabs level but I'll try to have fun"-attitude, but after 10minutes and the 10th thing/item/knob/function not working or modeled, I lost interest so quickly that I never left the ground... 
Not bashing MSFS or fly-by-wire's work, I'm just agreeing with Flo, when you're use to a certain level, it's hard to accept anything less. 

I actually feel like that now even with the "new" pmdg 777. Thanks Fslabs :lol:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Florian Wolf said:

I have it for v4/v5 and I barely fly it. 

There's your answer, the msfs versions going to be the same as the p3d one. Hold off & just wait for SLs. I doubt they're far off now anyway.

Florian Wolf
5 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

There's your answer, the msfs versions going to be the same as the p3d one. Hold off & just wait for SLs. I doubt they're far off now anyway.

That's not right although I would agree with you saying go for sharklets 100% I mean we are here in the sharklet hype no place for a msfs crj hahah. 

44 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Right, it's not just that it really impacts me when flying A to B but just the ground workflow with the ATSU makes it so much more realistic and especially fun that this is something in the A to B flying that really sets the FSL apart. 

• Like 1
Marvin Toepfer

The ATSU workflow in combination with GSX is absolutely amazing and so much fun! I don't think we can really imagine how much fun the EFB will be! I'm looking forward to the trailer and also to a feature list. 

The A to B flying can be a bit boring sometimes, of course. What I did then was to study the systems of the real thing a bit with training books. With that information I started to "beta test" (of course, it was not in beta...) the aircraft then and I was soooo surprised what FSLabs did. This simulation comes shockingly near to the real deal. I went into the system further and further, I even stopped the time during engine starts to see if the timing matches when the fuel kicks in...there is already so much to discover that I am 100% sure we haven't even noticed or seen everything which is inside. For me, personally, there is no need to spend any time with another aircraft anymore.

• Like 8
David Norfolk

There's never a day when you're flying the airbus & thinking you're not enjoying it. That's the ultimate satisfaction in a product.

• Like 4
Matt Bernard
4 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

The ATSU workflow in combination with GSX is absolutely amazing and so much fun! I don't think we can really imagine how much fun the EFB will be! I'm looking forward to the trailer and also to a feature list. 

The A to B flying can be a bit boring sometimes, of course. What I did then was to study the systems of the real thing a bit with training books. With that information I started to "beta test" (of course, it was not in beta...) the aircraft then and I was soooo surprised what FSLabs did. This simulation comes shockingly near to the real deal. I went into the system further and further, I even stopped the time during engine starts to see if the timing matches when the fuel kicks in...there is already so much to discover that I am 100% sure we haven't even noticed or seen everything which is inside. For me, personally, there is no need to spend any time with another aircraft anymore.

This right here is what brought me back to P3D after completely removing it from my PC in favor of MSFS. While MSFS will now and forever have a higher user base, it’s the little details found on the FSLabs A3XX series that made me go through the arduous task of reinstalling P3D and all my addons. For me, MSFS is my VFR (turbo)prop sim and P3D is for my heavies. The depth of systems simulation found in these products is most satisfying and I feel like I learn something new with each flight. Now bring on the Sharklets please. My PC, body, and credit card are anxiously awaiting their arrival. 

• Like 2
Patrick Hildebrand
9 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

In your dreams!

:D okay 

"ich will mal nicht so sein"

I guess D-AEWN, D-AEWP and D-AEWI would be nice. My most flown EW aircrafts

• Haha 1
Matt Bernard

I am personally looking forward to commissioning a Delta Widget Retro livery when the Sharklets release. :)

• Thanks 1
Camille MOUCHEL

will the EFB calculates :

1) landing distance ?

2) Multiple takeoff speed for different intersection ?

3) Transfer the V speed to the MCDU TO PERF page ?

4) Display the flight plan route on a map with current aircraft location with the possibility to toggle between satellite, terrain, Airways modes with UIR/FIR delimitation ?

Koen Meier
45 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

1) landing distance ?

4) Display the flight plan route on a map with current aircraft location with the possibility to toggle between satellite, terrain, Airways modes with UIR/FIR delimitation ?

"3) Transfer the V speed to the MCDU TO PERF page ?" 

How usefull would that be versus how realistic it is.

"4) Display the flight plan route on a map with current aircraft location with the possibility to toggle between satellite, terrain, Airways modes with UIR/FIR delimitation ?"

If it has navigraph chart support you will see the route with different maps. only yhe position which can be done through their simlink software.

Robert Sutherland
51 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

1) landing distance ?

These are all likely to be questions that FSLabs will answer upon release. 

• Haha 1
Camille MOUCHEL
11 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

These are all likely to be questions that FSLabs will answer upon release. 

image we have OFFSET/ RNP AR/ETP  with the extension :)

• Like 1
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

1) landing distance ?

You'll have to wait for the NDA to drop before they'll answer this 

Camille MOUCHEL
Just now, David Norfolk said:

You'll have to wait for the NDA to drop before they'll answer this 

yes waiting for BB stream

Robin SI0DlAK
5 hours ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

1) landing distance ?

You know you can already double click the TO DATA fields and it'll autofill the data right ?

Stu Antonio
10 minutes ago, Robin SI0DlAK said:

You know you can already double click the TO DATA fields and it'll autofill the data right ?

That‘s only for Aerosoft pilots. 

:P

• Haha 10
Eric Fisher
14 hours ago, Togismo Kohn said:

FSL.jpg.d0e66ff25806462e7700895c304122cb.jpg

Just a reminder that April 16, 2021 marks 1 year since Lefteris posted about the grumbling of why the SL expansion is taking so long. And here we are a few weeks shy of that post with another WTF release upcoming but still no SL.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Florian Wolf
2 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

Just a reminder that April 16, 2021 marks 1 year since Lefteris posted about the grumbling of why the SL expansion is taking so long. And here we are a few weeks shy of that post with another WTF release upcoming but still no SL.

Uhhhh maybe you‘ve missed P106, otherwise I don‘t get the issue;)

Eric Fisher
18 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Uhhhh maybe you‘ve missed P106, otherwise I don‘t get the issue;)

Yes a no date set for release preview video of the SL, nothing more. The installer finalization he references is for the WTF update forthcoming, not the SL release. 

• Thanks 1
Camille MOUCHEL
3 hours ago, Robin SI0DlAK said:

yes if you don't ask for interception, but you have calculated for 4 intersections and you want the data for the 3rd intersection, you'll have to enter manually

Robert Sutherland
3 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

Development takes time, quality especially. 

FSLabs aren’t just sitting on this for the sake of it, and I’m sure when it’s out that wait will have been worth it!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Eric Fisher
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Development takes time, quality especially. 

FSLabs aren’t just sitting on this for the sake of it, and I’m sure when it’s out that wait will have been worth it!

It's absurd how long this taking, literally what 2 years now? It's no wonder the job posting for more people was posted a few months ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Koen Meier
1 minute ago, Eric Fisher said:

It's absurd how long this taking, literally what 2 years now? It's no wonder the job posting for more people was posted a few months ago.

Maybe that was for Concorde project who knows. Just over a year since a321 came out so not that long really

• Haha 1
Florian Wolf
4 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Maybe that was for Concorde project who knows. Just over a year since a321 came out so not that long really

Especially considering all the pbr Updates, s8 and stuff

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
David Norfolk
8 minutes ago, Eric Fisher said:

2 years for what? Sharklets were first shown last April... that would make it 11 months ^_^.  You've already been told what's going on. I'm bored of products releasing broken, let them get it right first time.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Peter Hastings
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Exactly this.  There will be many reasons why the Sharklets haven't been released yet - and we have no real idea of what they are.

However, remember this: updates to the WTF models don't cost us anything, so it also means no income for FSLabs for the development/testing/etc time required.  The Sharklet release will cost us something, so why would Lefteris and the team delay the release unnecessarily or frivolously when it potentially will bring a fair chunk of income into the business?

• Like 4
Robert Sutherland
8 hours ago, Eric Fisher said:

Are you the same Eric Fisher who complained about how long it took for the 777 update to be released on the PMDG forums? 

Perhaps you should get your expectations in check and accept that there is no linear approach to releasing software? And that the more detail you expect, the more development time is needed and the more there is the potential for complications? 

The absurd thing is to assume that it's taking so long because FSLabs aren't doing something right. 

• Like 1
Camille MOUCHEL
On 3/14/2021 at 8:36 PM, Stu Antonio said:

Wait.... so you‘re saying you‘ll buy the SLs either way.... and you‘re asking if you should buy the CRJ in the meantime or not? What does getting the CRJ has to do with the SLs?

Or do you ask if you should wait until the SLs release and THEN get the CRJ??

Or do you just want to know if the CRJ is worth buying?

I don‘t understand.... 

:)

if the SL releases in the next 2 weeks, there is no point purchasing the CRj but if it gonna take another months or more, i would like to fly something else in the meantime. I biugh the -200ER expansion but it was a waste so im looking for another aircraft to fly

Camille MOUCHEL

what is the current software version in the current FSLABS ? isn't S8 already ?

Philippe Delifer

I feel like the trailer is going to be posted on the 20th of March (3/20/2021) Which makes it look perfect (3/20/21). Moreover, on the screenshot posted a few days ago, we can see two taxiway signs, 4 and 5. This makes me think that the aircraft is going to be released on the 5th of April 2021 (04/05/2021). The earlier, the better! This is making us go crazy :)

FSL-A320SL.thumb.jpg.988719eff888fb2d9cbe2b814bfa3ead.jpg

• Haha 4
Craig Baillie

Will there need to be some sort of recovery group set up for everyone when this is all over :P?

I’m thinking ‘Survivors of the Hype Thread’ thread :lol:!

• Haha 1
Koen Meier
41 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

what is the current software version in the current FSLABS ? isn't S8 already ?

still a mix to a degree.

Robert Sutherland
58 minutes ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

if the SL releases in the next 2 weeks, there is no point purchasing the CRj but if it gonna take another months or more, i would like to fly something else in the meantime. I biugh the -200ER expansion but it was a waste so im looking for another aircraft to fly

I wouldn't personally recommend the CRJ. 

If you want something supremely detailed but also challenging, the FlyTheMaddog is excellent. 

That said, I'd just wait for FSLabs to update.

• Like 2
Timm Rehberg
4 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I can't believe that!

Camille MOUCHEL
50 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I wouldn't personally recommend the CRJ. 

If you want something supremely detailed but also challenging, the FlyTheMaddog is excellent. 

a real CRJ pilot did a tutorial videos for the upcoming CRJ, seems more detailed than their A320 family lol

is it released yet ?

Koen Meier

this about the fslabs sharklets so lets focus on that and not talk about other products.

• Like 5
Robin Locher
1 hour ago, Camille MOUCHEL said:

a real CRJ pilot did a tutorial videos for the upcoming CRJ, seems more detailed than their A320 family lol

is it released yet ?

What ?!

• Haha 1