Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Marvin Toepfer

But is v5.2 confirmed to come out in the near future? Anything announced? Its rumours - nothing else. Of course 5.2 will come but nobody knows when. Look at that buggy thing...maybe it takes a bit longer than any other updates before!? 

IF Fslabs is holding the release, they will have a good reason for that like for example what Stu said. But they know their business very well - we are not in the position to give good advices or guessing maybe why or mayby why not because of anything....

All this guessing has gotten us come to a point where people are frustrated. But I also think, people are frustrated because they take guesses for granted...

• Like 1
  • Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Marvin Toepfer
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Maybe one of the sharks went back into the sea.

ha, wait until all the yummy tourists are back in the sea as well....

Maxime Guy
33 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

But is v5.2 confirmed to come out in the near future? Anything announced? Its rumours - nothing else. Of course 5.2 will come but nobody knows when. Look at that buggy thing...maybe it takes a bit longer than any other updates before!? 

IF Fslabs is holding the release, they will have a good reason for that like for example what Stu said. But they know their business very well - we are not in the position to give good advices or guessing maybe why or mayby why not because of anything....

All this guessing has gotten us come to a point where people are frustrated. But I also think, people are frustrated because they take guesses for granted...

Couldn't agree more, excitement as turned into frustration...

• Like 2
Florian Wolf
1 hour ago, David Norfolk said:

Maybe one of the sharks went back into the sea.

We've now reached the max state of despair hahah

Timm Rehberg

SL = soon language

Well. I guess we will probably see a BIG release with SL and a A330 + NEO series at the same time. Thats why it takes long :D 
No. I just want the Sharklets to come out! :D 

• Haha 1
Marc Fuolega

I think I just find the lack of communication annoying. But that’s in typical FSLabs fashion, really. 

Last we heard was in mid-December. 3 months. 

Sometimes you just wish you’d at least get some vague development update PMDG-style. 

Ah well, par for the course at FSLabs. Love the product... but the company... ;) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Mark Daniel
5 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

I think I just find the lack of communication annoying. But that’s in typical FSLabs fashion, really. 

Sometimes you just wish you’d at least get some vague development update PMDG-style. 

Ah well, par for the course at FSLabs. Love the product... but the company... ;) 

Agreed. Would be nice to get some pictures at least.

• Like 2
Koen Meier
5 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

tbh we are still in Q1 so i would wait a few weeks. ande see then. i personally prefer posts with a lot of contents over little content but a lot of fillers.

Marvin Toepfer
42 minutes ago, Marc Fuolega said:

Thats not completely true. Andrew just said, we should expect a shorter promotion time as they don't want to show off the nice details way ahead. Plus they told us, they are working hard. 

I mean, they told us why there are no screens. They told us they are working hard. They told us "expect a release early 2021..." -> this is a bit a personal feeling but as usual, no release date given. Normally, its all said. 

I don't want to offend anyone and I want the SL as much as we all want them. 

• Like 2
Danny Moore

There were 4 things I was waiting for during the first quarter of 2021.
1. 777 Update
2. 787 Update
3. CRJ Update
4. Bring on the Sharklets :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stu Antonio
1 minute ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Lets keep this hype-train going. We love reading your comments :)

:wub:

• Like 1
Florian Wolf

Thank you Andrew, we're all really hyped and so much looking forward to it! :)) 

Btw loving the inside design of the sharklets with the FSL livery! 

• Like 2
Koen Meier
10 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi guys,

I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extreamly busy behind the scenes. I've just finished working on our Promo film that we will premiere before release. We can't wait to show you more of what we've been working on. 

Thanks again for your continued support and your patience - the wait is almost over. We are still planning to update our wing-tip fence fleet in the interim. Testing is now complete and we're finalising the installers. 

FSL-A320SL.jpg

Thank you Andrew and co. This made my day. Really looking forward to the promo video.

Marvin Toepfer

Thanks for the update :) also looking forward to the promo vid! Pretty sure it will give us goose bumps 

• Like 2
Martin Tornberg

Just release it so you guys can focus on the proper aicraft. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 10
Ivan Majetic

Just beautiful :) 

OK, I'm sure someone asked this before, but visually, will sharklets have a reflection on the wing surface? Or that is not possible in p3d?

• Like 1
Markos Papoutsidakis
27 minutes ago, Ivan Majetic said:

Just beautiful :) 

OK, I'm sure someone asked this before, but visually, will sharklets have a reflection on the wing surface? Or that is not possible in p3d?

Actually, many of us have a question for the additional features of the sharklet model, comparing to the existing one.

Is there a list somewhere? That is, what should we expect from this new model, except sharklets?

• Like 1
Svyetoslav Kobelyev
2 minutes ago, Markos Papoutsidakis said:

Actually, many of us have a question for the additional features of the sharklet model, comparing to the existing one.

Is there a list somewhere? That is, what should we expect from this new model, except sharklets?

FSLabs A320-X SL / A321-X SL "Sharklets"

• Electronic Flight Control System
    • Load Alleviation Function (LAF)
    • Aileron Anti-droop system
  • Flight Model:
    • Each of the four variants operates within a narrow margin of operational data, making this a true simulation of the specific aircraft, giving customers the unique opportunity to discover the intricate details and flying characteristics that until now, only pilots could comment on.
  • FMGS S8 version update (as above)
  • Fuel System:
    • New fuel system supporting center tank jet pumps
    • Updated FQIC and FLSCU logic
  • Updated FWC to latest software standards
  • Updated SDAC to latest software standards
  • New ISIS model
  • New DU LCD colorset for better contrast
  • DDRMI now optional
  • SATCOM Radome now optional
  • iPad-style Electronic Flight Bag now optional
  • Lighting:
    • All lights are now LED
    • Each LED light has accurate warm up / cool down times (exclusive FSL feature through FSLSpotlights technology)
    • Anti-strobe blocker option to prevent cockpit glare
  •  
  • Thanks 7
Stu Antonio
3 minutes ago, Markos Papoutsidakis said:

It's in the announcements section

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson
2 minutes ago, Markos Papoutsidakis said:

Hi Markos - not yet, we want to show these off in our promo video first. A list of features will then be made available - and we will also then be able to answer any questions on specific features in more detail. 

• Like 10
  • Thanks 4
Victor Chandra
2 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

FSL-A320SL.jpg

CC on cold and dark state, warming it up now, good job Andrew!

Alex Murray
2 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Loving the little details like the LED wing lights:P

I can't stop looking at them hahaha

Robert Sutherland

It's my birthday tomorrow, and, without dropping any big hints, I know what I'd like to see... :D 

• Haha 3
Johannes Lehmann
3 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

It's my birthday tomorrow, and, without dropping any big hints, I know what I'd like to see... :D 

A big birthday cake probably?

Stu Antonio
39 minutes ago, Robert Sutherland said:

and if they can‘t make it... mine‘s the 29th. :) 

Marvin Toepfer

mine was already and no sharklet...instead my niece got that "baby shark" who sings the song...

• Haha 4
Robert Sutherland
28 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

and if they can‘t make it... mine‘s the 29th. :) 

Any time between now and then works for me! :lol:

• Haha 2
Marvin Toepfer

Lets see when they will release the promo vid <3 guess the hype will be on his peak point then :D

Marvin Toepfer

and talking abouth birthdays: Happy Birthday FSLabs <3

13 yrs this month. Just became a teenager ;) 

Marvin Toepfer
6 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Also, is their going to be a SL tag? #prioritys 

only when u say "happy birthday" :D 

• Haha 1
Florian Mooijaart
6 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Hi guys,

I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just finished working on our Promo film that we will premiere before release. We can't wait to show you more of what we've been working on. 

Thanks again for your continued support and your patience - the wait is almost over. We are still planning to update our wing-tip fence fleet in the interim. Testing is now complete and we're finalising the installers. 

FSL-A320SL.jpg

This made my entire month :D