Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Florian Wolf

Welcome to Page 105:

Just came to my mind how great it would to have the FSDG Skiathos Update with the new Apron.

I‘d definitely be down to leave my Lufthansa in the Hangar for an nice trip with the Condor A32B down to Skiathos, like MUC-JSI, that‘d be sick:D

26621_1599135979.jpg

FSL-9.jpg

• Like 8
  • Replies 6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

David Norfolk

Bruh I was tripping, I thought the NDA lifted. With those ^

Florian Wolf

Hahah boy how I'd love to be a beta tester 

Ivan Majetic

Just an update from the team would be nice. Communicate folks, communicate :) 

come on even qw published an update for their 787.

• Like 6
Florian Wolf
32 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

boy, they're really stretching the term "early" ...

Yup I mean it‘s weird and I really don‘t get the sense of the preview of the wing on FB. But somehow the Sharklets must be in a pretty far state. 

U can see in the Preview pictures of the update of the visuals by Pascal an D-AIUC so the beta testers are obviously working on it quite a lot. 

Florian Wolf
On 3/4/2021 at 10:54 AM, Rafal Haczek said:

Makes me think how insane we all here are.
Just look at us from a non-simmmer's perspective (a neighbour, a friend's wife, etc.).

Non-simmer A: He's in his 40's and keeps getting excited with his joystick about pretending to fly a plane in a game (with low FPS).
Non-simmer B: Well, I've been told he currently keeps checking the 100-page-long forum thread getting excited with his fake plane's wing-end likely to get curved...

About my favorite post here hahaha

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Walter Meier
7 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

boy, they're really stretching the term "early" ...

I suspect there's been a change in plans since that "early" estimate. My guess is one of three things: a showstopper, beta testers keep flagging things, or LM has notified FSLabs of an upcoming release. I suspect it's this last one because a P3D update is due right about now. Let me stress the word "guess." I have 0, that is zero, inside knowledge, and my only insights come from being a forum rat. :)

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg

What I heard is that there is a new P3D version around the corner.

But that has nothing to do with a FSL release. FSL always said that they release without any dependency to a P3D version and update their products as soon as the new versions are out.
Maybe a beta tester just forgot to release the version for public and they enjoy their product internally :D 

Its obviously that they enjoy it internally. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
Norman Blackburn
41 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Its obviously that they enjoy it internally. :) 

Yes I thoroughly loved installing the base sims 4 times over the weekend as well as a complete OS install.   I would count the number of FSL installs into many dozens.   In a weekend.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2
Walter Meier
4 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Yes I thoroughly loved installing the base sims 4 times over the weekend as well as a complete OS install.   I would count the number of FSL installs into many dozens.   In a weekend.

Your hard work and that of your fellow testers does not go unappreciated!

Timm Rehberg
4 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Mimimi :P

But many thx for that. Makes one less for us =) 

Danny Moore
8 hours ago, Walter Meier said:

I suspect there's been a change in plans since that "early" estimate. My guess is one of three things: a showstopper, beta testers keep flagging things, or LM has notified FSLabs of an upcoming release. I suspect it's this last one because a P3D update is due right about now. Let me stress the word "guess." I have 0, that is zero, inside knowledge, and my only insights come from being a forum rat. :)

Simbol who the developer of AI Lights Reborn just dropped a new update today. Every time he drops a new update a new version of P3D is released the following day. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.  

• Like 2
Tyler Colvin
4 hours ago, Danny Moore said:

Simbol who the developer of AI Lights Reborn just dropped a new update today. Every time he drops a new update a new version of P3D is released the following day. Can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.  

You might be right because the p3d website says "Something big is coming":blink:

Stu Antonio
19 minutes ago, Atul Mishra said:

What could this "something big" for P3D be? P3D's integration with Google Earth? :P

Has nothing to do with P3D (alone). It's most likely a quote "Flight Simulation Association, which is an membership organization for flight simulation enthusiasts".

• Thanks 2
Marvin Toepfer
13 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

:wacko:

Sam Turner

29Palms were meant to be updating LGSK but they said that two years ago. I wish a dev like MK studios or Orbx or Digital Design or FSDG would do some of the Greek islands.

Just cant wait to Fly some TCX stuff as nothing else is flying at the min 

On 2/23/2021 at 11:52 AM, phil highton said:

Whats facebook ?

Some of the best sky textures around.

I have just installed Pascals sky textures and it is an amazing improvement 

Ignore the fact that's not a Airbus 

Prepar3D_a1kTUbZa7I.jpg

Philippe DE MEL
8 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

SL's are condemned to be in a time out it's like LM doesn't want them to come out

I agree with you...

• Thanks 1
Philippe Delifer

Not so big this announcement..:rolleyes: Let's hope the FSL team announce something soon. Can't wait anymore.

• Like 4
Pascal Ad
17 hours ago, Sam Turner said:

29Palms were meant to be updating LGSK but they said that two years ago. I wish a dev like MK studios or Orbx or Digital Design or FSDG would do some of the Greek islands.

Just cant wait to Fly some TCX stuff as nothing else is flying at the min 

Some of the best sky textures around.

I have just installed Pascals sky textures and it is an amazing improvement 

Ignore the fact that's not a Airbus 

Prepar3D_a1kTUbZa7I.jpg

Does even look better with Sharklets.. :D

• Like 2
Koen Meier
8 minutes ago, Pascal Ad said:

Does even look better with Sharklets.. :D

how very kind of you to say that.

Timo Heller

Just ordered my PC upgrade kit. Last exam being on tuesday, a release on wednesday would suit me just perfectly!

Please? :P

• Like 1
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

photoshop can't wait as well for the sharks :D

Sooon

Stu Antonio
8 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Sooon

It has been "soon" almost the whole year 2020. But I guess it wasn't. That's not what soon means. I think we can drop this term now. And honestly, "early 2021" too has passed for me and I'm starting to feel a bit stupid.

I'm sure they have their reasons. They neither torture us, nor are they in any way unfair. It is their product, their company. They decide. They could even go like "well, we won't release it after all" for any reason.  

But "not giving out release dates" doesn't mean there aren't reasonable expectations from fans and customers, especially when showing those screenshots and feature-lists almost a year ago.

I really wish FSL would be more open about this.

• Like 9
David Norfolk
5 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

It has been "soon" almost the whole year 2020. But I guess it wasn't. That's not what soon means. I think we can drop this term now. And honestly, "early 2021" too has passed for me and I'm starting to feel a bit stupid.

I'm sure they have their reasons. They neither torture us, nor are they in any way unfair. It is their product, their company. They decide. They could even go like "well, we won't release it after all" for any reason.  

But "not giving out release dates" doesn't mean there aren't reasonable expectations from fans and customers, especially when showing those screenshots and feature-lists almost a year ago.

I doubt it'll be much longer

Bryan Friga
8 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

I honestly completely agree but for me early 2021 would end in about 1 month then all hopes would be gone for me.

David Norfolk

It is like a "Bruh" moment & I too would of thought we would of seen them now. Until the guys wanna tell us what's going on there's not a lot we can do 

• Haha 1
Florian Wolf

Same here, generally really looking forward to this new release but I have the same thoughts like Stu. 

You cannot blame them for taking their time and it's their product and whatever. But from my personal side I'm a bit frustrated since we all thought it'd be soon in December. 

And it not releaseing in january was quite clear but we didn't get any news and when Norman say that he reinstalled his sim 4 times a weekend it seems like we're quite a lot away from having them released.

As said it's their product but I don't get the sense of not really telling us anything which is quite disappointing since it's fully normal that things take longer and if they would release a statement saying we have issues with whatever it's delayed until Q3 I have the biggest understanding but that "soon" keeps disappointing everyone... 

• Like 4
Florian Wolf

Guys as many time before they are NOT waiting for LM.

I don‘t get it why would they delay just because of an update. Have a look at it from the “economical“ side of things. It doesn‘t make sense to delay a finished product  from a business side. I don‘t want to start discussing their business model and stuff since that‘s their concerns but look at the “waiting for an update myth“ from that perpective.

phil highton

They are waiting for something for sure :ph34r:

Stu Antonio
10 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

they are NOT waiting for LM

Not so sure. If LM is about to release 5.2 (and FSL has knowledge of this), it wouldn’t make much sense to release the SL and have them instantly grounded again because of a P3D update. I think they rather will update the current range first before releasing the SL expansion. 

• Like 1