Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

I am not speaking for the devs, no idea how they have been impacted, but it is true the world looked quite different at the time of this announcement a year ago ... I personally feel grateful for Fslabs to have developed this product, allowing me to have fun and forget about the world burning outside.

I am not encouraging high pricing but at this point, what's 30 or 60$ for unlimited fun at home when you could not spend a dime in concerts/movies /bars/travels for over a year now ... 

Feel free to disagree, just sharing my own point of view :)

/// Welcome aboard page 103B)

• Like 1
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timm Rehberg

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Marvin Toepfer
4 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

There is not in a direct way, but I´m getting a bit curious because the devs and FSL Team members now state, that anything shared before were only ideas and that has so far also continued after somebody reposted Lefteris´ official post including information on the Sharklets to be ONE expansion featuring A320-SL and A321-SL with bot ceos. 

Not confirming what was officially been stated before is quite strange imo. 

As Lefteris wrote, nothing is set in stone. Given the fact that the pandemic situation changes whole lifes, a release change of a flightsim product is nothing...
Nothing is decided yet, also no pricing is or ever was given. 
Its not possible to make it right for every single customer. A pack is nice, yes. On the other hand, there are pilots who dont have the A321...so they would ask why paying the price for the A321 as well...
The product will not be free of charge and it doesn't matter if it comes as a pack or seperately. We will be paying for the 320SL as well as for the 321SL. 
Also stating, that FSLabs may be expensive is not really true. When I see how often I use it, it's by far the most cheapest product in my flightsim.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Koen Meier

The discussion sparked based on the technicalties of how it could work out. And not what is included or what price it might be. Now for me it is clear that nothing has been set in stone and that some things were shared as ideas of how it could work out.

Daniel Reber

I do get your points guys, no doubt. Also if something has changed at FSL due to Covid (some might have lost their job they do besides working at FSL, I know) then it´s fully understandable to me. 

But I really can´t see the point why people (no matter if users or people of the FSL Team itself) call the official statement an idea now. 

I would not share any ideas in an official announcement (if I did, I would clearly mark it as an idea!). So calling it an idea is either wrong or it was no official announcement, however, in that case we´ve not had ANY official FSL announcement on these forums so far. 

If it was planned to sell it as a single expansion and that has by now changed, alright, just say that but don´t sell it as an idea from back then!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
phil highton
21 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

For those who don't have Facebook 

151269167_5075395459202049_2816653866066767099_o.png

Whats facebook ?

• Haha 1
Andrew Wilson

We've shown very little of our SL titles for good reason - we are not prepared to reveal our new features too early.

Expect a shorter campaign promoting the A320-SL and A321-SL before release. 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
Craig Baillie

Hi, from a long-time hype thread watcher; first time hype thread poster:

Please can we go back to ridiculous hype mode and away from whatever mode we’ve accidentally slipped into here :P!

Please and thank you,

Craig

• Like 1
Florian Wolf
4 hours ago, Steven Silva said:

I think from today we will be seeing things of the Sharklets :ph34r:

And what glass sphere told you that?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Florian Wolf said:

And what glass sphere told you that?

The yellow canary one

• Haha 2
Tim Nitz
11 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

I need a glass sphere since I am working in aviation 

source: dude trust me

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
Marc Fuolega
On 2/21/2021 at 8:11 PM, António Abreu said:

To be honest, even it comes with an A350 attached I would not be very excited now. At this point, and after all this wait, I lost interest, specially when looking at FS2020. Guess soon I'll go back to a good old GA aircraft on FS2020.

I'll be honest, that's how I feel.

I don't like the state of FS2020 so that's not an option for me. And P3D add-on development seems to have dried up to such an extent that I'm just not very excited about it currently. Haven't flown in a month, I moved back to other PC games. Maybe I'll return to simulators when FS2020 stops sucking or P3D gets attention by devs again.

• Like 2
Timm Rehberg
9 hours ago, Marc Fuolega said:

I don't like the state of FS2020 so that's not an option for me. And P3D add-on development seems to have dried up to such an extent that I'm just not very excited about it currently. Haven't flown in a month, I moved back to other PC games. Maybe I'll return to simulators when FS2020 stops sucking or P3D gets attention by devs again.

I think the development for P3D hasn't dried but projects are ongoing. PMDG, FSL, TFDi, Flightbeam, FlyTampa, ORBX, MK Studios, even T2G is back..... they are still developing addons for P3D but some simultaneous for P3D, X-Plane and now MSFS. But at the end, especially for scenery design - the development for all Simulators isn't as complicated than aircraft-development and the fact that the SDK is still rubbish its only usable for scenery design mainly and all main airplane devs are only developing either for P3D or X-Plane and therefore you can't blame them as work is ongoing for the moment.

Its the usual "quiet time" while we all wait for some addons to come out :D
Lets stop speaking about MSFS in here. Hype is all about P3D and getting the addon out as soon as possible!111!1!!! :D  

• Like 1
Daniel Reber
5 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

even T2G is back

Back to show how good they are in disappearing...

I have to say, honestly, of course development for P3D is ongoing, but you notice the FS2020 impact drastically. I don´t think that is bad because I´m somebody who is sure about FS2020 replacing both, P3D and XP in a few years, but of course, now that many are still using P3D, this is noticeable I´d say...

Florian Wolf
45 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Back to show how good they are in disappearing...

I have to say, honestly, of course development for P3D is ongoing, but you notice the FS2020 impact drastically. I don´t think that is bad because I´m somebody who is sure about FS2020 replacing both, P3D and XP in a few years, but of course, now that many are still using P3D, this is noticeable I´d say...

Totally agree, just hoping that they‘ll disappear after a MUC update...

Definitely needed, the performance with the SimWings is horrible especially compared to their great HAM scenery.

Daniel Reber
1 minute ago, Florian Wolf said:

Definitely needed, the performance with the SimWings is horrible especially compared to their great HAM scenery.

They can disappear right away imo. Honestly, just waiting for Gaya EDDM. 

The latter will obviously be extreeeeeeemely realistic. To get back to the topic... Gaya EDDM and a Lufthansa A320-SL at the airport would really look great;)

Florian Wolf
11 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

They can disappear right away imo. Honestly, just waiting for Gaya EDDM. 

The latter will obviously be extreeeeeeemely realistic. To get back to the topic... Gaya EDDM and a Lufthansa A320-SL at the airport would really look great;)

Gaya confirmed MUC? 

Seems like only MSFS, but A32A with Gaya MUC would be the maximum realism

Robert Sutherland

I think the lull in development is just a case of quality taking time. We know what to expect from FSLabs, just as we know what to expect from some of the major scenery developers. It might take a while but the wait will be worth it. 

We're seeing PMDG release their update in the coming days and I'm sure FSLabs won't be far behind with theirs. It's just a waiting game. 

Florian Wolf
4 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

afaik yes. 

Gaya FB only said MSFS and didn't respond with any confirmation or whatever to the P3D question. 

• Thanks 1
Trevor Hannant
11 hours ago, Marc Fuolega said:

I'm waiting on several ORBX sceneries being updated for p3Dv5 but they're hell bent on becoming the biggest distributor of other people's products at the moment while "converting" existing products to MSFS (except they're not all existing products...).

Daniel Reber
14 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Gaya FB only said MSFS and didn't respond with any confirmation or whatever to the P3D question. 

I was just looking for the post I thought they confirmed it for P3D in... obviously you´re right, nothing confirmed yet. However, given that we´re talking about Munich, they´re planning to bring it to MSFS even though there´s already simwings available and as LSZH is confirmed to come for P3D as well, I think EDDM will be one of the airports coming to P3D along MSFS. They said most will come to P3D as well, I think, we´ll see all the major airports in P3D. Maybe some loke LOWZ will eventually not make the way...

Timm Rehberg

...I think, we think, we believe...
I think we are thinking too much rather than learning scenery or aircraft development and judging devs these days.
MSFS is just a money-printing-machine and looks incredible good (in terms of scenery design). But at the end its "just" a matter of how you export your models and adjust your scenery.

• Like 1
Walter Meier
2 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

...I think, we think, we believe...

Nonetheless, I'm going to add to the speculation. But I want to strike a rather optimistic note.

A few things conspired to bring us to the current add-on situation. The first, of course, was the very early MSFS announcement, which led to grandiose pronouncements from many simmers that they would never ever buy another P3D add-on because MSFS was going to have everything they wanted out of the box. And, based on what developers have told us, people did indeed stop buying those P3D add-ons. I myself never intended to leave P3D until at least one of my high fidelity add-ons made it over to MSFS, but who knows? Subconsciously I may have slowed my buying.

And then MSFS gets released and it soon becomes apparent that it isn't what so many were expecting and that P3D would continue to be the sim of choice for those of us who demand those high-fidelity add-ons. So you'd think that buying for P3D add-ons would have picked up at that time, but what happened then? P3D v5 was released.

Sure, a few developers quickly adapted their existing products to work in v5, but many did not. And new products were very hard to come by. So here I'm sitting with a wadful of cash and not much to spend it on (and not really willing to take a chance on v4 products). Even today, taking a very informal survey on Simmarket, you'll see that the proportion of v5 products on sale is small compared to those for other platforms.

After all that, however, it appears that developers have figured out that a large chunk of us who actually buy their products in large numbers are still here in P3D, and they are now ramping up development to meet that need. I hope many others will follow and come back home. For me, MSFS is still too uncertain. I'm staying here for a very long time. And that's no grandiose pronouncement.

• Like 9
David Porrett
5 hours ago, Walter Meier said:

For me, MSFS is still too uncertain. I'm staying here for a very long time. And that's no grandiose pronouncement.

I agree with you 100%. 

• Like 1
Aaron Brand
11 hours ago, Florian Wolf said:

It's fine on my 9 year old PC.

STEFAN DORDEVIC
10 hours ago, Aaron Brand said:

It's fine on my 9 year old PC.

Hehehehe:lol:

I'm not better but I hope for a rebuilt soon.:P

Finger's crossed:rolleyes:

Marvin Toepfer

At some point, its fun that FSL didnt tell too much about the new features. I'm curious what we all recognize at first (except the sharklets attached...)

Timm Rehberg
6 hours ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

At some point, its fun that FSL didnt tell too much about the new features. I'm curious what we all recognize at first (except the sharklets attached...)

or that you first need to get your plane to the maint hangar before you will ever see them ;)
Maybe FSL is working on a maint-simulator and we need to mount them ourself :D 

Ok - I need a coffee! Its weekend dudes :) 

Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l

I'm a little disappointed with the PMDG 777 update right now.... Is there at least some good news here?

For example, the announcement that the Sharklets will be released today?
Or the unveiling of the A3xx project?

• Confused 2
Daniel Reber
41 minutes ago, Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l said:

I'm a little disappointed with the PMDG 777 update right now.... Is there at least some good news here?

For example, the announcement that the Sharklets will be released today?
Or the unveiling of the A3xx project?

Why disappointed? I think, it´s pretty much what we´ve been told in advance and what we´ve expected. 

But I would be with you in terms of FSL releasing Sharks and/or unveiling A3XX. You can always make a great day even better;)

Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l
51 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

Why disappointed? I think, it´s pretty much what we´ve been told in advance and what we´ve expected. 

But I would be with you in terms of FSL releasing Sharks and/or unveiling A3XX. You can always make a great day even better;)

Well, I suspected at least a few positive differences in comparison to the P3Dv4 version, which was running without problems in P3Dv5. But now I have black leading edges, the engines are not rotating anymore, and the price for the -20=Er is ridiculous.

Since today at the latest, I know why FSL plays in the Club World Cup, PMDG in the Champions League and AS in the Bundesliga. :P

Daniel Reber
1 minute ago, Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l said:

Well, I suspected at least a few positive differences in comparison to the P3Dv4 version, which was running without problems in P3Dv5. But now I have black leading edges, the engines are not rotating anymore, and the price for the -20=Er is ridiculous.

There might have been a problem during installation or your PC might not meet requirements which are new. Price for the -200ER... well. Not even 10$ more expensive than the 748 expansion but containing three engine variants and no, the 3D model of the aircraft is also not the same as of the 777-200LR, on top of that, PMDG are working on an overhaul of thew cockpit itself and as far as I understood correctly, this will also be free of charge. I personally expected this price, but I personally do also expect such a price for the FSL-SL to be honest...

(You´re missing out FCB drastically increasing the quality and skill level of the Bundesliga;))

You know, I had strange issues with both, the PMDG 777 and the FSL A320 series. For example, my A320 sometimes just lifted the nose when standing still... 

• Like 1
Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l
8 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

There might have been a problem during installation or your PC might not meet requirements which are new. Price for the -200ER... well. Not even 10$ more expensive than the 748 expansion but containing three engine variants and no, the 3D model of the aircraft is also not the same as of the 777-200LR, on top of that, PMDG are working on an overhaul of thew cockpit itself and as far as I understood correctly, this will also be free of charge. I personally expected this price, but I personally do also expect such a price for the FSL-SL to be honest...

(You´re missing out FCB drastically increasing the quality and skill level of the Bundesliga;))

You know, I had strange issues with both, the PMDG 777 and the FSL A320 series. For example, my A320 sometimes just lifted the nose when standing still... 

And well, i really doubt that there is a problem with my installation.

I also don't think the price of the 747-8 is justified.

For the FSL, I would again find the price justified. There I know that I really get something for the money. I definitely don't feel that way about PMDG as of today. I have never been so disappointed from PMDG.

But enough about PMDG. When will FSL's long-haul Airbus arrive? :P

Daniel Reber
18 minutes ago, Matth1a5 Knu€tt€l said:

And well, i really doubt that there is a problem with my installation.

I also don't think the price of the 747-8 is justified.

For the FSL, I would again find the price justified. There I know that I really get something for the money. I definitely don't feel that way about PMDG as of today. I have never been so disappointed from PMDG.

But enough about PMDG. When will FSL's long-haul Airbus arrive? :P

That´s however a problem I feel has reached the whole flightsim market. I think it´s not only PMDG being so expensive, it´s the whole market. Flightsim has evolved to match Switzerland. Extremely expensive (almost every payware is more expensive than it´d be worth imo)