Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

Adam Brough

Now before anyone bites my head off, I apologise if this has been covered already...

Fslabs, you've been incredibly quiet recently with little to say about the upcoming sharklets, when can we expect an update of some sort...? The odd cryptic facebook cover photo of the sharks is like dangling a chocolate bar in front of someone on a diet and saying run faster when they've already run a marathon.

Im sure the wait is going to be well worth it but come on, keep us in the loop even if its not ready yet.

Edited by Norman Blackburn
Merged from General Forum
  • Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Timm Rehberg

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

Stu Antonio
26 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

nor release windows

Actually "early 2021" sounds like a pretty good release window to me :)

• Like 1
Koen Meier
Just now, Stu Antonio said:

Actually "early 2021" sounds like a pretty good release window to me :)

i was generalizing. but a release window like between this date and that date is what you can read as well.

António Abreu
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

I also hope for march to be release month, not just another set of teasers.... 

To be honest, even it comes with an A350 attached I would not be very excited now. At this point, and after all this wait, I lost interest, specially when looking at FS2020. Guess soon I'll go back to a good old GA aircraft on FS2020.

• Like 1
David Norfolk

Well whenever they choose to release them, i'm sure they'll be worth the wait regardless 

• Like 1
Nils Grube

My guess is we really getting closer to a public release when the big streamer are allowed to show us the beauty of the sharks. Or they doing another approach and just release it without any warning which would be cool than we all have a reason to study the Manual ;) 

Florian Wolf
2 hours ago, Adam Brough said:

Now before anyone bites my head off, I apologise if this has been covered already...

Fslabs, you've been incredibly quiet recently with little to say about the upcoming sharklets, when can we expect an update of some sort...? The odd cryptic facebook cover photo of the sharks is like dangling a chocolate bar in front of someone on a diet and saying run faster when they've already run a marathon.

Im sure the wait is going to be well worth it but come on, keep us in the loop even if its not ready yet.

At what date was the 319 v5 update released?

btw: I’m only a small livery painter nothing special and comparable to developing an aircraft but you can‘t blame them for showing things off I’m serious that‘s the only fun part about it.

Ajit Sidhu

Is there an indication how the expansion product will work, will owning the A320/A321 first be required.. Or will this be completely separate standalone product? If we don't know all good, was just wondering.

Thanks!

Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Ajit Sidhu said:

Is there an indication how the expansion product will work, will owning the A320/A321 first be required.. Or will this be completely separate standalone product? If we don't know all good, was just wondering.

Thanks!

If you own both a320/321 you get sharklets on both. If only have the a320 you only get the sharklets on the a320. In all cases the base a320x is required.

• Thanks 1
Timm Rehberg
10 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

Nice Facebook background photo.

Changed 4 days ago and only 3 likes :O 
Oh hello lovely fb algorithm :D

• Haha 1
Florian Wolf
21 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Changed 4 days ago and only 3 likes :O 
Oh hello lovely fb algorithm :D

Was the first :D:D

But idk why it's not shown in the feed. The 319 had like 600 likes:lol:

Lefteris Kalamaras
33 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

If you own both a320/321 you get sharklets on both. If only have the a320 you only get the sharklets on the a320. In all cases the base a320x is required.

Actually, the requirements for this have not been set yet - it will be explained as soon as we're ready to release.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
Koen Meier
9 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Actually, the requirements for this have not been set yet - it will be explained as soon as we're ready to release.

then we may have been misinformed till your post.

Edited by Koen Meier
Norman Blackburn
4 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

We have not yet announced what the final plan is.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
Daniel Reber
20 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

We have not yet announced what the final plan is.

I wonder if Koen and me had the same dream which, strangely enough, shows on the forums...

Norman Blackburn
44 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

I wonder if Koen and me had the same dream which, strangely enough, shows on the forums...

We shared ideas but nothing beyond that.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1
Daniel Reber
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

We shared ideas but nothing beyond that.

I hope you voted for that idea as a good one. Don´t want to imagine having a separate A320-SL and A321-SL and having to pay like 50€ each. 

• Like 7
Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, Daniel Reber said:

I hope you voted for that idea as a good one. Don´t want to imagine having a separate A320-SL and A321-SL and having to pay like 50€ each. 

Why not? Because each would be worth 60€ or more? :P 

Mateusz Chalupniczak
1 minute ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Why not? Because each would be worth 60€ or more? :P 

Worth 60$ or cost 60$? That's a big difference...

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
2 minutes ago, Mateusz Chalupniczak said:

Worth 60$ or cost 60$? That's a big difference...

Lol. But buying a airport for 35€ that you fly to 3x a year :D 
Stop speaking about prices while we not even saw teasers, stream-previews etc...
We will get the infos we need when its time for it - and probably 99% of you will buy it whatever the price will be :D 

• Like 1
Mateusz Chalupniczak
11 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Lol. But paying a airport for 35€ that you fly to 3x a year :D 
Stop speaking about prices while we not even saw teasers, stream-previews etc...
We will get the infos we need when its time for it - and probably 99% of you will buy it whatever the price will be :D 

There's a problem. You can afford paying for a airport 35€ that you fly 3x a year but I'm not. That's why I buy only airports that are worth the price developer is asking for.

If you belive end of a wingtip is worth 60€ then you must be really rich. Building hype around products and later buying them blindlessly is just in my opinion stupid. Not only that, by doing so you also encourage devs to repeat this practise more.

• Like 1
Timm Rehberg
2 minutes ago, Mateusz Chalupniczak said:

If you belive end of a wingtip is worth 60€ then you must be really rich. Building hype around products and later buying them blindlessly is just in my opinion stupid. Not only that, by doing so you also encourage devs to repeat this practise more.

I do because I know thats its not just the end of a wingtip.
It seems you did not follow this topic for that long and you don´t know FSL by heart.

I think, visually, Sharklets are the smallest part of the addon itself :D 

• Like 3
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Mateusz Chalupniczak said:

Cute, thanks for the laugh on that. You're not just paying for the wingtip.. You're buying a product that's replicated off the real sharklets. Not only that, You're getting a EFB. Which knowing FSL, will be done to extreme detail. Lefteris has also given you a list of differences that they've modelled on their sharklet product compared to their wingfence product. I'd suggest you go have a read of it & you'll see for yourself that it isn't just a "wingtip at the end"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
Atul Mishra
4 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I do because I know thats its not just the end of a wingtip.
It seems you did not follow this topic for that long and you don´t know FSL by heart.

I think, visually, Sharklets are the smallest part of the addon itself :D 

Fully agree with Timm and David. It's just not the addition of wingtips. FSLabs offer much more beyond our imagination.

• Haha 1
Marvin Toepfer
10 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

then we may have been misinformed till your post.

We weren't Koen. It was mentioned way earlier that its not yet decided how it will be released.

• Haha 1
Koen Meier
6 minutes ago, Marvin Toepfer said:

We weren't Koen. It was mentioned way earlier that its not yet decided how it will be released.

Please do find the post of that. Quite curious to know.

Marvin Toepfer
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

Please do find the post of that. Quite curious to know.

sorry, this thread has 102 pages now...but pretty sure u can find it yourself ;)

António Abreu

Good morning,

I love flying the FSL A32x and am enjoying it for a long time. But that doesn't prevent me to have some thoughts about the short to medium term future and in my opinion FSL is making a huge mess in terms of product management here. We will get a EFB with the so called Sharklets which is good (if it is more than Sharklets why call it Sharklets, anyway?). But will that EFB be available for the other A32x? I could even write some nested "if then else" statements here, so many are the possibilities if you add cost and other variables to the algorithm. From a professional point of view I'm really curious to see how FSL will sort this product management issues out ... Then, from a customer point of view, and when the time comes, I will assess if it is worthy to buy this Shartlets release. Even because I think we now have somehow lost the timing here, as many people (simmers and developers) are now looking for FS2020 so I'm not sure it is worthy and wise to continue investing on P3D at this point. Also from a customer point of view I would really love FSL to clarify now what we may expect (both contents and timing) and don't hide beyond "Soon", "Early next year", etc. You see, we had already the AS A330 saga and one should be enough ...

"Fail to plan is planning to fail"

Have some nice landings (and don't forget Sharklet aircraft is more sensitive to cross winds so lower the limits).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Tim Nitz

Im so tired of hearing that endless P3D vs MSFS discussion, in my opinion they are two completly different simulators (as it stands right now), obviously that gap might close in the next couple of years but Lockheed Martins ambition was never to serve the same audience as MSFS, you can even read that up in their terms of use...

In addition to that I can only say that I really do not think that the fslabs team needs any "product management" advices here, since they have always served an extreme niche product with a lot of success in the last years. 

It really is the customers choice to become an early adopter with that new flight sim, you simply cant expect devs like fslabs/pmdg or even high tier scenery developers to serve you with their P3D products within the first 6-12 months when the sdk is far from finished.

Yes the communication could have been better regarding the sharks but they have also been confronted with a whole new set of problems the last 12 month... I think its for the better that they are working quietly in the background on it rather than defending themselves every day on this forum but that's just my two cents.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd
10 hours ago, Daniel Reber said:

"We have been paying special attention to our upcoming NEW expansion product, the "Sharklets", as it contains not one, but two aircraft variants, the A320-X SL and the A321-X SL, each having two individual engine variants - CFM and IAE, released together as a single product package, at an attractive price"

Source: 

So, hopefully it is still one package :D

Norman Blackburn

Hi Antonio

Whilst we appreciate you would love to have something other than soon or indeed Q1 thats not something we do.   Its a very concious decision we as a business made and prevents a product being forced out when its not ready.   Thats down to both planning and listening to our customers.   

You are entitled to your opinion and whilst it remains civil it is welcomed here in our forum.

• Like 1
Nicolas Ammann
8 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

You're getting a EFB.

What makes you so sure that an EFB is coming? Maybe Norman was only "sharing ideas" there as well :wacko:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Stu Antonio
15 minutes ago, Nicolas Ammann said:

What makes you so sure that an EFB is coming? Maybe Norman was only "sharing ideas" there as well :wacko:

Well, it was stated several times that this will be part of the sharklets expansion.

Marvin Toepfer
1 hour ago, Nicolas Ammann said:

Maybe Norman was only "sharing ideas" there as well :wacko:

You hopefully know this post was useless.

• Haha 1
Bartu Özkara

Hi gents, 

First of all I would like thank the team for the huge work, endless coming updates and the mindset of "what can we do next" to make it better. In my opinion we're very lucky to have the unique FlightSimLabs products.

I'm always a person which is thankful for the positive things, and also shares opinions about the negative sides of products in a gentle way.

Though the long wait, still very excited to fly with the Sharklets and especially for the EFB. The dynamics are not the best in P3D even though the team is trying to give us the feel of the sharklets which is an amazing aim.

Because not everyone is a real world pilot in this community we actually can't know the real feeling and difference of Sharklets / Non-Sharklets. Therefore the reviews of the Beta Testers which is going to stream the products is going to be the only realistic review of the product for me.

I really don't care to see some previews and release date. It'll be released when it's ready. But as customer I would prefer to receive some more informations about the current status of the development. I completely agree that the questions and expectations of the customers are endless. Therefore at least a general status like the last which we received at the end of the 2020 could be nice but we know what the attitude of FlightSimLabs is.

Last final words, thank's again for the amazing work and looking forward to see other products coming. Especially if it's planned a A330-343 & Future A330-243F version would be incredible and of course MSFS version of the beauties.

A shot from my flight few years ago to Munich from Istanbul.

Kind regards,

IMG_2199.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Daniel Reber
2 hours ago, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

"We have been paying special attention to our upcoming NEW expansion product, the "Sharklets", as it contains not one, but two aircraft variants, the A320-X SL and the A321-X SL, each having two individual engine variants - CFM and IAE, released together as a single product package, at an attractive price"

Source: 

So, hopefully it is still one package :D

Clear statement I´d say... even in a thread which has since then been locked and with that, it seems like an official announcement I´d say...

9 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

Cute, thanks for the laugh on that. You're not just paying for the wingtip.. You're buying a product that's replicated off the real sharklets. Not only that, You're getting a EFB. Which knowing FSL, will be done to extreme detail. Lefteris has also given you a list of differences that they've modelled on their sharklet product compared to their wingfence product. I'd suggest you go have a read of it & you'll see for yourself that it isn't just a "wingtip at the end"

Having been into the FSL world for quite some time now, I think I do pretty much know what FSL are after, but honestly, talking about the EFB, why pay for it twice? I think it will be exactly the same 3D model on the A320 as on the A321 and most of the functions will be ported over, even though we´re talking about FSL. There is no need to have a completely different EFB on two aircraft which the same pilots operate on. The only difference an EFB needs is performance calculation which is obviously different b/w the different models of the A320 family. Paying twice 60$ is not something I see as justified, that´s as much higher compared to the FSX price of the BASE package as the difference b/w itself and the P3D Version of the BASE pack is. 

• Like 1
ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd

Take it easy, no proof exists that there would be 2 separate products or that it would cost 60$. Lefteris stated above that it has not been decided yet. All you are doing is speculation... 

The products have been released for some years now. Yet development continues with regular free updates. FSL is a business and at some point money must come from somewhere! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Daniel Reber
Just now, ay.m3r1ck |3ern4rd said:

Take it easy, no proof exists that there would be 2 separate products or that it would cost 60$. Lefteris stated above that it has not been decided yet. All you are doing is speculation... 

There is not in a direct way, but I´m getting a bit curious because the devs and FSL Team members now state, that anything shared before were only ideas and that has so far also continued after somebody reposted Lefteris´ official post including information on the Sharklets to be ONE expansion featuring A320-SL and A321-SL with bot ceos. 

Not confirming what was officially been stated before is quite strange imo. 

• Like 1