Jump to content

Sharklet Hype


David Norfolk

Recommended Posts

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er

I never used that feature either.

I liked  lido better and was  disapointed about the switch at first. the lido charts looked  better  than  jeppesen. But  after  getting used to the jeppesen layout i think  they are better  than lido.  

The data representation is much more consistent,  and i  find it easier  to  locate the information needed than with the lido design.

 

As  for the efb  coming for the shark I'd be ready to bet pretty much anything that fsl has gone the extra mile  and made  the navigraph  or navdatapro charts available from it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
  • Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Timm Rehberg

    460

  • David Norfolk

    444

  • Koen Meier

    395

  • Marc Stanford

    330

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

António Abreu
3 hours ago, Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er said:

They started using jeppesen  because of  the overlay feature that displays the aircraft postion in the sim on the charts.

Lido charts are deformed to represent data better,  distances between  waypoints  are not consistent,  jeppesen charts use real scale. Thats  why they switched. 

Hey,

good info, thank you! "Moving map" is an important feature, specially in huge airports like LFPG. In the last two Navigraph surveys I asked for the possibility of having "moving map" (georeferenciated charts) on all ground charts, e.g. parking stands chart, etc. It would be really useful!

Cheers and happy landings

  • Like 1
Link to post
Timm Rehberg
2 hours ago, António Abreu said:

Hey,

good info, thank you! "Moving map" is an important feature, specially in huge airports like LFPG. In the last two Navigraph surveys I asked for the possibility of having "moving map" (georeferenciated charts) on all ground charts, e.g. parking stands chart, etc. It would be really useful!

Cheers and happy landings

tbh: Its a nice feature to use, especially on big airports you don´t fly every day to BUT if you really need this, you should better have a better briefing :P

Link to post
Ryan Spellman

Today is JetBlue's 21st birthday, so in honor of it, here is a photo from the first scheduled revenue flight of a sharklet equipped A320 at JetBlue from seat 11F. May be an image of cloud

  • Like 4
Link to post
António Abreu
13 hours ago, Timm Rehberg said:

tbh: Its a nice feature to use, especially on big airports you don´t fly every day to BUT if you really need this, you should better have a better briefing :P

I don't know if I can get a much better briefing as I'm using SimBrief and usually (specially in airports I am unfamiliar with) check the airports briefing section of the charts for local rules and procedures. Most of the times I also check NOTAMs. But, as they say, "A picture is worth a thousand words". If you check the most recent aircraft, e.g. A380, A350, A220 (I am a bus man, not so familiar with Boeing, sorry) all have ground moving maps ...

Link to post
Florian Wolf
1 hour ago, Koen Meier said:

and imagine how many customers have that options irl on the a320.

Condor:wub:

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Koen Meier
2 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Condor:wub:

that is one of a few on how many operators. financially that doesnt sound sustainable to do.

Link to post
STEFAN DORDEVIC
1 hour ago, Maximilian Peukert said:

Maybe they will add at some point in the future.Altough,at the time being there are other priorities and I haven't read anywhere that is on their to do list.
As Koen said it's used by small groups of operators as well as HUD for example, so economical  benefit is quite slim.

  • Like 2
Link to post
STEFAN DORDEVIC
38 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Thats ..... :wub:

It is :D:lol:
Let's hope for the best and some FSL magic but then we will have guys asking for HUD.

Link to post
Koen Meier
3 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

I doubt that will make it into this addon! :D 

Sharks and EFB is quite enough for now boys!

Actual efb is better.

Link to post
David Norfolk
On 2/12/2021 at 8:54 AM, Maximilian Peukert said:

My eyes are burning after seeing this.

Link to post
Danny Moore
On 2/12/2021 at 2:54 AM, Maximilian Peukert said:


Shhh, don't give Marc any ideas, LOL


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Timm Rehberg
18 hours ago, Marc Delaloy said:

next step 1000 pages

Like if next step should be teasers + NDA lift + release.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Tim Nitz

We haven't even got the update for the current line up that was reported in a different thread about two weeks ago, so i would definitely hold my breath for now... :(

Link to post
Daniel Reber

I will have a new PC in just about four to five weeks so I think they´re just waiting for me to be capable of flying FSL again;)

  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Timm Rehberg
58 minutes ago, Daniel Reber said:

I will have a new PC in just about four to five weeks so I think they´re just waiting for me to be capable of flying FSL again;)

Denied. :lol:

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Sergei Lobuzko
On 2/8/2021 at 12:54 PM, Timm Rehberg said:

Sharklets? Who needs that? :D :ph34r:
FSL is the best addon I ever "played". 

6 Flights around Europe without a single P3D reboot. Stable and fun!

180606415_2021-02-0810_52_23-Window.thumb.png.203a78e9cb4fc392a3639880e71528ba.png

Hi, could you please mention the application you use for flight logging (from screenshot), or is this just a virtual airline app?

Link to post
Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Sergei Lobuzko said:

Hi, could you please mention the application you use for flight logging (from screenshot), or is this just a virtual airline app?

That“s VAMSYS, indeed a virtual airline management system.

Link to post
Timm Rehberg
4 hours ago, Sergei Lobuzko said:

Hi, could you please mention the application you use for flight logging (from screenshot), or is this just a virtual airline app?

Thats vamsys and our virtual airline www.lh-virtual.com 

Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Fun fact: If you search on Google for "Airbus EFB features", it shows you more results from flightsim than from real ones :D 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Norman Blackburn
10 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

Fun fact: If you search on Google for "Airbus EFB features", it shows you more results from flightsim than from real ones :D 

I get zero hits for flightsim.  Its all real on page 1.

  • Confused 1
Link to post
Timm Rehberg

:ph34r: Probably my algorithm is screwed up. Trying to search for some new teasers that Google secretly found :D 

notallbutalot.png

Link to post
Danny Moore
 Probably my algorithm is screwed up. Trying to search for some new teasers that Google secretly found  
notallbutalot.thumb.png.f5b506d2bd5e103be82c289bb2229746.png

Come on Timm, the algorithms don’t lie. We see where you been hanging out beside here, LOL.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Timm Rehberg

Posting bugs and get ignored or offended - yeah.
Thats why I love FSL, their support and behavior with the community :D !

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Steven Silva

 

A discussion in a PMDG group on facebook mentioned that an update for P5D will come out in the next few days, I don't know how true that is but that gives answers to the delays in many addon companies. am I right or are they just rumors?

Link to post
David Norfolk
1 hour ago, Steven Silva said:

 

A discussion in a PMDG group on facebook mentioned that an update for P5D will come out in the next few days, I don't know how true that is but that gives answers to the delays in many addon companies. am I right or are they just rumors?

Could be, however it seems too soon to get 5.2.

Link to post
Robert Sutherland
1 hour ago, Steven Silva said:

 

A discussion in a PMDG group on facebook mentioned that an update for P5D will come out in the next few days, I don't know how true that is but that gives answers to the delays in many addon companies. am I right or are they just rumors?

These kind of rumours always to the rounds before product releases, as some kind of reason for a supposed delay. I'd take it with a pinch of salt. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Alex Pugh
53 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Could be, however it seems too soon to get 5.2.

Yeah, it's typically 5-6 months between point releases, so April or May would be more in line with the usual pace. 

In any case, I don't think they're waiting on LM. Over two months ago Lefteris said streamers would "soon" be showing the expansion. We haven't heard anything since then, and apparently there's a patch that has nothing to do with the expack coming first. It really seems like this product is bogged down in development hell. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Eric Fisher
1 minute ago, Alex Pugh said:

Over two months ago Lefteris said streamers would "soon" be showing the expansion. We haven't heard anything since then, and apparently there's a patch that has nothing to do with the expack coming first. It really seems like this product is bogged down in development hell. 

Agreed, this is taking a long time. 

  • Like 5
Link to post
António Abreu
4 minutes ago, Florian Wolf said:

Hahah don't get to negativ it's soon to come! 

(Cries in AS A330 development time memories)

The saga of AS A330 is something we all remember for a long time and not for good reasons ... and in the end "the mountain gave birth to a mouse", if I may use a free translation for a portuguese old saying.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Florian Wolf
1 minute ago, António Abreu said:

The saga of AS A330 is something we all remember for a long time and not for good reasons ... and in the end "the mountain gave birth to a mouse", if I may use a free translation for a portuguese old saying.

Fortunately with the sharks the holy FSL mountain will give birth to at least an Elephant that's for sure!:lol:

Link to post
Hoang Le

I'm more curious about the flying characteristic of the sharklets Airbus in the simulator, how it's different comparing to the normal one, if we have it.

Cause in the reality, it's like a leaf on the wind, feel slushy...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Florian Wolf

Well I really don't want to start this discussion again but for me personally March is the last month of  the "early" 2021. 

  • Like 6
Link to post

×
×
  • Create New...