Sharklet Hype

David Norfolk

klaus legrand
26 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Wait.  There is an EFB too? :) 

Yes norman....some sort of cheap tablet hanging on side windows to allow pilots to watch Twitch during their flights:D

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Timm Rehberg

• David Norfolk

• Koen Meier

• Marc Stanford

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

Hi all – As Lefteris commented on, one of my favourite areas of the updated models, besides the PBR, is the cabin windows. Each window has now been remodelled in detail - and we've also modelled

I've elected to stay away from this until now as it gives people an opportunity to joke around, vent their frustrations on a "perceived delay" of our release (even though I've explained the reasons be

Posted Images

Norman Blackburn
22 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Norman can you please give us a progress update? It's been a while since we heard anything other than a update to precede the SL package.

Hi Marc,

You already know the answer to that question.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 3
Paul Stassen
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You can tell when flying them that they are sharks without going outside.  Especially the A320 SL.

and I liked to see the 8 ft high sharklets at first or even with the strobes on at night from the cockpit. Great improvement!

Ryan Spellman
3 hours ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Marc,

You already know the answer to that question.

So you're sayin' there's a chance!!!! (name that movie) . Okay, I'll see myself out now. 

Felipe Widmano
6 hours ago, Bob Zolto said:

When the sharks arrive, are all the hypers going to fly outside the airplane to see them? 

I'm sure most simmers will be perfectly content watching the tanks empty just a little bit slower than without sharklets, or watching the descent cover a tiny bit more trackmiles (:

¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

Danny Moore

I just finished building my new PC this week and moved over to P3Dv5.1. I’m ready for the Sharklet now. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Robert Sutherland
9 hours ago, Felipe Widmano said:

I'm sure most simmers will be perfectly content watching the tanks empty just a little bit slower than without sharklets, or watching the descent cover a tiny bit more trackmiles (:

¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

Let’s not be dismissive of people’s interest and passion.

One of the reasons people want sharks is so they can simulate flying more accurately. The SL addon will allow that, given that sharklets are now the industry standard for Airbuses.

The changes might be miniscule to the naked eye but for people who want to replicate flying as accurately as they can, it’s a big advancement in realism. 

In these trying times it’s important that we all have things to look forward to. 

• Like 14
Stu Antonio
1 hour ago, Robert Sutherland said:

Let’s not be dismissive of people’s interest and passion.

One of the reasons people want sharks is so they can simulate flying more accurately. The SL addon will allow that, given that sharklets are now the industry standard for Airbuses.

The changes might be miniscule to the naked eye but for people who want to replicate flying as accurately as they can, it’s a big advancement in realism. 

In these trying times it’s important that we all have things to look forward to. 

Well said!

• Thanks 1
Timm Rehberg
21 hours ago, Marc Stanford said:

Norman can you please give us a progress update? It's been a while since we heard anything other than a update to precede the SL package.

What a waste of bytes on the forum server that question is :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
Stu Antonio
20 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

Ok, I'll bite... what are sharklets?

Huge sharp knive-thingies at the end of an A320 wing, used to disable other, bigger aircraft while taxiing on the ramp in order to advance in the departure queue... :D

9-D5-B0-D0-A-3625-4098-BC53-11-C7-A83417

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
Marc Stanford
2 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

Huge sharp knive-thingies at the end of an A320 wing, used to disable other, bigger aircraft while taxiing on the ramp in order to advance in the departure queue... :D

9-D5-B0-D0-A-3625-4098-BC53-11-C7-A83417

Nobody can stop St. Lefti!

Stu Antonio
18 minutes ago, Kamil Juvat said:

Hype is long gone bud. It's hard to keep interest for almost a year without any previews in between.

What? You lost interest??? :D

image.gif.9a4b97182e2e1771f9bdf48cbcddf96a.gif

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
Timm Rehberg
40 minutes ago, Kamil Juvat said:

Hype is long gone bud. It's hard to keep interest for almost a year without any previews in between.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47r2fy3gh5knh1yr69ja

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Danny Moore

I’m sure the Sharklets will release soon. Until then I’m enjoying flying the current product in v5.1. I moved up from 4.5 and a new build and I’m impressed on how well the FSLabs performs and looks.

The next few months will bring product updates form all our favorites to include the SL release. Good times ahead for those of us still on P3D. The scenery Devs may have moved over to 2020 but the aircraft Devs are still giving us great P3D product updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Robert Sutherland
10 hours ago, Kamil Juvat said:

Probably 30 weeks ago from almost 43 of those “coming weeks” since the announcement ;)

Perhaps now is a good time to remind everyone that we’ve experienced a global pandemic, something few would have ever predicted to happen, bringing challenges to everyone including software developers like FSLabs. 

In an ideal scenario we might have seen it released much sooner but these aren’t ideal times. 

• Confused 4
Timm Rehberg

Sharklets? Who needs that? :D :ph34r:
FSL is the best addon I ever "played". 

6 Flights around Europe without a single P3D reboot. Stable and fun!

180606415_2021-02-0810_52_23-Window.thumb.png.203a78e9cb4fc392a3639880e71528ba.png

• Like 10
  • Confused 1
Ross McDonagh

Fresh sharklets....  N807JB/JBU1922 KPBI-KBOS 

9BB93786-A394-42AF-9645-577477F796B1.jpeg

03326F78-155B-46F1-8C83-6EE7E804869A.jpeg

99ED1D94-0190-4BC5-A766-0BB5896BDB2A.jpeg

3BF1F44C-90F5-4C2F-A8D0-03AC89AEC5FF.jpeg

220615F1-CF6B-4F56-8331-624CF9F82934.jpeg

A5762F0E-59C5-42DB-A463-CF8B57A3066A.jpeg

81168C77-6F2F-4E3D-8440-893F83C65573.jpeg

Marc Stanford

Man I’m starting to lose hope for the Sharklets, two months and still nothing.

Stu Antonio
30 minutes ago, Marc Stanford said:

Man I’m starting to lose hope for the Sharklets, two months and still nothing.

What do you mean "2 months"? 

Is has been announced that the sharklets will come "early 2021". that's some time between jan-april. it's one month and 9 days into 2021. really no reason to "lose hope"....

• Like 5
António Abreu
25 minutes ago, Pascal Ad said:

Some real golden hour Sharklet action out of PMI...

I miss flying IRL, really!

IMG_5266.thumb.JPG.28430df0a408c39d46949da9426d1b84.JPG

Me too. A lot.  but now all I hold is expired PPL and Microlight licenses. Life sometimes can be a b ... each.

Timm Rehberg
1 hour ago, Pascal Ad said:

Some real golden hour Sharklet action out of PMI...

I miss flying IRL, really!

Sexy reflection! Imagine to get this with P3D v>5
I also miss those takeoff and landing moments. Especially with the callouts done in my head :D (50, 40, 30... and I am never right and too slow :D ).

Timm Rehberg
35 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

View from the present (WT) to the future (SL) :) 

American things :D 

Eric Fisher
On 2/9/2021 at 2:13 AM, Stu Antonio said:

What do you mean "2 months"? 

Is has been announced that the sharklets will come "early 2021". that's some time between jan-april. it's one month and 9 days into 2021. really no reason to "lose hope"....

Imma bookmark this so I can reply back to it in June when we are on page 122. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
Robert Sutherland
On 2/9/2021 at 1:42 PM, Stu Antonio said:

View from the present (WT) to the future (SL) :) 

I love that 01L and 01R runway take-off. Makes a change from the usual 28L and 28R at SFO. 

Timm Rehberg

I can't find any new Sharklet photos to hype you all.
So lets move over to a more usefull feature we will get with the package "Sharklets":

lido_erm_lsy.png

This is called EFB (Electronic Flight Bag).
There are several versions available for different companies. Some use Windows, some uses iPads like here:
iPadMount_pic3.png?wid=816&fit=constrain

I think we will love it, however it is simulated/modelled!
And I am more excited for this as for the Sharklets itself :P 

• Like 2
STEFAN DORDEVIC

Hahahah 

Tim you are a legend you should be awarded  a Sharky medal of honor for keeping this topic and hype alive.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
Timm Rehberg
52 minutes ago, Koen Meier said:

that lido systems efb app.

Just imaaaaaaagine! :wub:

.... and imagine Navigraph provides also Lido Charts <3 

Timm Rehberg
53 minutes ago, STEFAN DORDEVIC said:

Hahahah 

Tim you are a legend you should be awarded  a Sharky medal of honor for keeping this topic and hype alive.

Just want to show the devs we are still alive and still want this to come out! :D :lol:
And there is so much more than just the small things at the end of the wing :D 

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Timm Rehberg said:

and imagine Navigraph provides also Lido Charts <3 

Oh man, that would be a dream come true. I'd pay double if they would! This is something I really really miss. I never liked Jeppesen, although Navigraph did a wonderful job with their app(s), and AS is just not usable.

• Like 5
António Abreu
6 minutes ago, Stu Antonio said:

Oh man, that would be a dream come true. I'd pay double if they would! This is something I really really miss. I never liked Jeppesen, although Navigraph did a wonderful job with their app(s), and AS is just not usable.

I never understood why Navigraph dropped Lido for Jeppesen, it's is like driving a Bendly and exchange for a Maseratt! Maybe there are some commercial agreement/conditions behind it, I don't know. From my point of view Lido charts are much clear and better overall. I believe Lido charts are produced by Lufthansa Systems and supplied to all Star Alliance members.

Ju_li_en Ke_ml_er
21 minutes ago, António Abreu said:

I never understood why Navigraph dropped Lido for Jeppesen, it's is like driving a Bendly and exchange for a Maseratt! Maybe there are some commercial agreement/conditions behind it, I don't know. From my point of view Lido charts are much clear and better overall. I believe Lido charts are produced by Lufthansa Systems and supplied to all Star Alliance members.

They started using jeppesen  because of  the overlay feature that displays the aircraft postion in the sim on the charts.

Lido charts are deformed to represent data better,  distances between  waypoints  are not consistent,  jeppesen charts use real scale. Thats  why they switched. 

• Like 3
Stu Antonio

Would be cool if they would offer a LIDO option, even without moving map and overlay features (which I personally NEVER use anyway, but that's just me). I'd just need charts and a pin functionality.... :)

• Like 3