Jump to content

Sharklet Hype


David Norfolk

Recommended Posts

David Norfolk

So as the A321 Progress thread was such a...hit i thought i'd start a sharklets one given LKs comment, Anything goes to do with them on this topic. Let's see if we can beat the old topic (Permission given by mr. Blackburn)  

A320_easyJet_new_livery_2015.jpg

  • Like 16
  • Haha 14
Link to post
  • Replies 8.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • David Norfolk

    690

  • Koen Meier

    603

  • Timm Rehberg

    539

  • Marc Stanford

    402

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi guys, I did say we are planning a shorter promotional period with these titles. So please don't be disheartened by the lack of any updates. We are extremely busy behind the scenes. I've just f

Hello guys, I appreciate all of the hype going on already and I am super excited to see all the anticipation reaching amazing levels! In fact, I wanted to share that, while we don't expect t

One step closer now: The product family is now updated to v151.

Posted Images

David Norfolk
3 minutes ago, NilsUnger said:

Looking forward to the sharklets. They open up many possibilities when choosing an airline.

Of course I have big hopes they also work on the MCDU. 

oh yeah for sure, thew 320 & 321 looks much nicer in sharks too 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Lefteris Kalamaras
17 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

So as the A321 Progress thread was such a...hit i thought i'd start a sharklets one given LKs comment, Anything goes to do with them on this topic. Let's see if we can beat the old topic (Permission given by mr. Blackburn) 

I... KEEEL... YOUUUUUU!!!! :D

  • Like 11
  • Haha 16
Link to post
Alex Pugh

I think they should add sat domes in the interim. We won’t see the sharklets for a looong time, so the sat domes would be a nice, small step forward to matching the sim to real airframes. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Endrit Palushi
11 minutes ago, Alex Pugh said:

I think they should add sat domes in the interim. We won’t see the sharklets for a looong time, so the sat domes would be a nice, small step forward to matching the sim to real airframes. 

In this case I woundn't mind just some polygons slapped on top  :lol:

Link to post
David Norfolk

we all know they won't do that, otherwise sharks would of released with the a321. i'm sure it'll be worth the months coming boys 

Link to post
Norman Blackburn
17 minutes ago, Rob Bates said:

I think FSLabs should model steam through passenger vents in humid conditions. Hahaha. Silly idea.

Hang on a minute....

You mean you have never tried to see if we do?  Shame on you Mr Bates :P

  • Like 3
Link to post
Rob Bates
28 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

You mean you have never tried to see if we do?  Shame on you Mr Bates :P

Of course I have. Still not seen it yet though. I think its a myth. A cunning trick to lead us off the scent of Sharklets. I know your game Mr Cabin-is-secure.

  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Koen Meier
Just now, Kamil Juvat said:

I'd love to see missing MCDU failures finally implemented.

What are the software changes coming with the sharklets?

Elac update to allow ailerons to go up on rollout after landing along with spoilers. Hopefully some other things

Link to post
Koen Meier
4 minutes ago, David Norfolk said:

Hopefully the new tcas is a thing too. i know not many airlines used it but it'll be good for vatsim. 

What about the latest wxr system That some airlines have.

Link to post
David Norfolk
1 minute ago, Koen Meier said:

What about the latest wxr system That some airlines have.

that too, i'm guessing time will tell in the coming months. i just hope they nailed the strobes. ALOT of devs seem to model them wrong. The light itsself its trapped in the case if you will. However most devs just model it outside of it so it becomes to big and it sticks into the shark.

EbvjM.jpg

  • Like 6
Link to post
George Marinakis

I'm not 100% sure on this David (because that particular discussion goes back more than a few years) but I think the strobe issue is a limitation of the sim (which would explain why so many devs get it wrong).  The light seems to float in space just beyond the wing tip rather than being behind the cover right?


If my recollection is incorrect, I'm sure one of the other team members or devs step in give you a more correct answer.

Link to post
David Norfolk
3 minutes ago, George Marinakis said:

 The light seems to float in space just beyond the wing tip rather than being behind the cover right?


 

spot on, it would be a shame if that's the case. but that's P3D for you. i'm just picky when it comes to things like this :P

Link to post
Artur Araripe
19 minutes ago, George Marinakis said:

 but I think the strobe issue is a limitation of the sim

Lots of things were deemed impossible until FSLabs got 'em proven wrong ;) 

 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Marc Stanford

As CJ from a well known game once said, as s**t here we go again :)

Now back to the standard procedure in any progress thread, can we expect a release soon?

Just kidding, the A321 is very satisfying, it's the only aircraft type I fly now.

Link to post
Koen Meier

Question: in the announcement post it said "development work to follow that project is underway" does that refer to the A3XX-X project? Or does that refer to the Sharklet package? 

Link to post
Koen Meier
15 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Who says the project begins with A?

Point for you. I was just under the assumption that it meant the project named A3XX-X.

Link to post
Amir Parsian
20 minutes ago, John Barnes said:

Nah. It's a known fact we the testers run the show. He does as he is told.

Ah interesting! This changes everything, I am having the flash backs proving your point.

Link to post
Timm Rehberg

So this thread turns out into a "I wish..."-Thread?

In this case: Please, I wish a FSL A350! :) 
Long haul out of Munich would be dope!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Paul Parkin
16 hours ago, David Norfolk said:

that too, i'm guessing time will tell in the coming months. i just hope they nailed the strobes. ALOT of devs seem to model them wrong. The light itsself its trapped in the case if you will. However most devs just model it outside of it so it becomes to big and it sticks into the shark.

EbvjM.jpg

What I have found interesting is that there *seem* to be different strobe lights between the winglet and sharklet models. Having A LOT of flight time as a PAX on Wizz Air, the sharklet strobes seem to be much faster.

Link to post
  • Lefteris Kalamaras locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...