Concorde v1.41 causing CTDs

Ray Proudfoot

Ray Proudfoot

@John Barnes, can I just check you did complete the LPPT-EGCC flight and land okay? You didn’t actually confirm that.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Ray Proudfoot

• Konstantin

• Fraser Gale

• Norman Blackburn

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whatever, I've never claimed to be a computer expert, just trying to eliminate all possibilities which is the best way to isolate an issue speaking from experience.  If it is a rare combination o

I was able to complete the flight with absolutely no problems at all. You will find screenshots of my setup at the end of the video: Windows 10 v1909 Build 18363.836 Nvidia Studio 446.14 Late

A return flight back to Oslo was fine. Without wishing to put the mockers on this I’m reasonably confident the problem has been fixed. Tomorrow I shall reinstall GSX and after a few more flights, SODE

Posted Images

Konstantin

Ray, do you have the possibility to install a second OS for test purposes, maybe on another hard drive?  I feel your frustration with the CTDs, but the time that you are spending on troubleshooting may be better invested in a clean install of Windows. Just an idea in case John Barnes will be able to complete the flight without crashes.

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Konstantin said:

Ray, do you have the possibility to install a second OS for test purposes, maybe on another hard drive?  I feel your frustration with the CTDs, but the time that you are spending on troubleshooting may be better invested in a clean install of Windows. Just an idea in case John Barnes will be able to complete the flight without crashes.

Hi Konstantin,

That's beyond my skill set I'm afraid. I had two flights this morning. Subsonic EGLL-EIDW which was fine. Why would that be I wonder?

Second was ENGM-EGLL. There are three places where the sim will crash on this route. Close to ODROB (off the Essex coast), right on the Essex coast (15nm SW of CLN VOR or half-way between LAM and the 27R FAF.

Today it crashed 15nm SW of CLN VOR. I did two things before this flight. 1) Ran a repair on each of the SimConnect MSIs. and 2) generated a simconnect.log. Probably because of the logging P3D stayed frozen on the screen for around a minute whilst the simconnect log was being written to.SimConnect_Issue.thumb.jpg.571d62176a876b7fe730c77a7e3ce528.jpg

I searched that enormous file for errors and found some. See attached txt file. On opening the log with NotePad++ there was a strange NULL entry. See attached jpg. There's nothing at the end of the log I can see but I'm no expert. But the way the sim crashes at specific places suggests it's related to ground objects. But which?

I'm just about out of options now. Maybe an uninstall of SimConnect may help but given I never had any problems in P3D v4 and the simconnect.xml files are identical I'm not sure what it will cure.

Finally, I might download the v1.41 executable again. Long shot but when you're desperate...

SimConnect Errors.txt

Ray Proudfoot

Given the read count of this topic is close to 1100 it’s clear many others are reading it. It would be nice to hear from them if v1.41 is running well. Currently I’ve only heard from around 4 people.

Ray Proudfoot

@Lefteris Kalamaras, can you please advise if any of the legacy SimConnect modules are required for FSL Concorde?

Could there be some conflict between those and the one installed by the Concorde installer?

Lefteris Kalamaras

Ray-

it doesn't hurt to install them and they would cause no conflict. The Concorde installer does not install Simconnect itself, so you are aware. Only a DLL that connects with it.

Ray Proudfoot
56 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Ray-

it doesn't hurt to install them and they would cause no conflict. The Concorde installer does not install Simconnect itself, so you are aware. Only a DLL that connects with it.

Okay thanks. I've always had them installed and they've never been a problem. These CTDs have only started with v1.41 and with the INSs turned on. GIven the INS uses simconnect (your version) I wondered if there might be a connection.

I'm trying to find the problem and simconnect is my last hope as I've exhausted all other possible causes. Have you any ideas that could help?

Lefteris Kalamaras

Ray,

if I had any ideas that would assist you, I'd have offered them by now. It seems the problem is localized on your computer only. I would advise what Norman advised.

Ray Proudfoot
7 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Ray,

if I had any ideas that would assist you, I'd have offered them by now. It seems the problem is localized on your computer only. I would advise what Norman advised.

Lefteris, if I had issues with P3D v4 I’d be inclined to resort to a wipe and reinstall. But the problem is isolated to Concorde in INS mode. That has narrowed the problem down to a relatively small area and possibly involving SimConnect.

i have already shown evidence of clean system files which P3D and Concorde relies on. So an awful lot of work could be wasted for no gain.

The tutorial indicates two ways of setting up the INS. I have always gone for the full method but there is an alternative involving a shortcut (CTRL+I ?) which I will try this morning. Maybe those who have no problems use this method. It’s worth a try.

What really baffles me is why it crashes at the same places and always at the latter stages of a flight. In 30 years of simming I have never had such a problem. There has to be a solution and I’m determined to find it.

Lefteris Kalamaras

Fair enough Ray-

Andrew suggested that localized issues over a particular place indicates scenery and/or GSX / SODE issues. I would totally UNINSTALL those (GSX / SODE) - not simply deactivate them, to see if that helps, first.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
5 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Fair enough Ray-

Andrew suggested that localized issues over a particular place indicates scenery and/or GSX / SODE issues. I would totally UNINSTALL those (GSX / SODE) - not simply deactivate them, to see if that helps, first.

Okey dokey, thanks. Booting up now.

Ray Proudfoot

When I uninstalled GSX it showed a message saying a couple of files had reverted to the default ones. I'm wondering if those might be the cause of the CTDs. Enroute down the North Sea now so should have the answer in 30 mins or so.

Clearly deactivating GSX (Couatl) did not remove those files which is all important ... possibly. Fingers crossed.

Ray Proudfoot

I was very nervous approaching ODROB but passed it without a CTD. Next target was the Essex coast. Even more nervous. Passed that too and inbound to LAM. Back on Saturday I had got this far only for the sim to crash half-way from LAM to the FAF.

But it passed that point too and continued all the way to the FAF and then Ianded. Brilliant! :D

So it really does look like one of those GSX files were corrupt. I have to be careful of course because it's only one flight. But I've tried this flight at least 12 times and none have been successful.

@Andrew Wilson, I'm very grateful for your advice. Clearly disabling GSX and SODE was not sufficient. GSX needed uninstalling to restore the original files it had replaced with its own. And thank you too @Lefteris Kalamaras because if you hadn't suggested Andrew's tip I probably wouldn't have done it. I never realised GSX installs its own files replacing default ones. So even with a default P3D install those GSX ones were still hanging around.

It all makes sense now. Repeated CTDs at the same point all point to a scenery file being bad. But I'm still wondering why I never had the problem flying the default Raptor or Concorde with the INSs powered down. That really threw a spanner in the works and made me think it must be the 1.41 update because I never had these problems before. But that was purely coincidental I think.

I'm going to try another route now. As much as I like the Oslo-Heathrow one I'm tired of it. Thanks too for the help and advice from others including @Mirza Beg. :)

A huge sigh of relief! P3D v3 looks nothing like as good as v4 but as long as I can fly Concorde I really don't care. :)

• Like 1
Andrew Wilson
12 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

But I'm still wondering why I never had the problem flying the default Raptor or Concorde with the INSs powered down.

As I said - it's all about memory. Whatever is/was happening - it was probably corrupting memory somewhere, which was then trying to be used by the INS or Concorde-X. 

Fingers crossed you've found the culprit. 

• Thanks 1
Ray Proudfoot
10 minutes ago, Andrew Wilson said:

Fingers crossed you've found the culprit. 

That should be YOU who found the culprit! :D

Ray Proudfoot

A return flight back to Oslo was fine. Without wishing to put the mockers on this I’m reasonably confident the problem has been fixed. Tomorrow I shall reinstall GSX and after a few more flights, SODE.

A very grateful Concorde pilot thanks you profusely! :D To Mach 2 and beyond!

• Like 2
Mirza Beg
8 hours ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

I was very nervous approaching ODROB but passed it without a CTD. Next target was the Essex coast. Even more nervous. Passed that too and inbound to LAM. Back on Saturday I had got this far only for the sim to crash half-way from LAM to the FAF.

But it passed that point too and continued all the way to the FAF and then Ianded. Brilliant! :D

So it really does look like one of those GSX files were corrupt. I have to be careful of course because it's only one flight. But I've tried this flight at least 12 times and none have been successful.

@Andrew Wilson, I'm very grateful for your advice. Clearly disabling GSX and SODE was not sufficient. GSX needed uninstalling to restore the original files it had replaced with its own. And thank you too @Lefteris Kalamaras because if you hadn't suggested Andrew's tip I probably wouldn't have done it. I never realised GSX installs its own files replacing default ones. So even with a default P3D install those GSX ones were still hanging around.

It all makes sense now. Repeated CTDs at the same point all point to a scenery file being bad. But I'm still wondering why I never had the problem flying the default Raptor or Concorde with the INSs powered down. That really threw a spanner in the works and made me think it must be the 1.41 update because I never had these problems before. But that was purely coincidental I think.

I'm going to try another route now. As much as I like the Oslo-Heathrow one I'm tired of it. Thanks too for the help and advice from others including @Mirza Beg. :)

A huge sigh of relief! P3D v3 looks nothing like as good as v4 but as long as I can fly Concorde I really don't care. :)

thanks! still feel  Concorde X v4 i wish was made and not airbus.... been 3 years since prepar3d v4 release but  it's business $$$ and i get that too from running web hosting /vps server company   in the past.. :D

But hopefully it is a successful fix..also, Keep US UPDATED! 

• Like 1
Steve Prowse

Ray,

so pleased that you’ve finally got this issue resolved.  I’ve been following the thread but really couldn’t offer anything to help since I’m still using FSX which works well with W10 fully updated by the way.

All the best

Steve

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Steve. It’s taken over 3 months and for a lot of it I was barking up the wrong tree. Thankfully Andrew came to the rescue plus some encouragement from Lefteris.

A couple of observations. Nvidia driver version is irrelevant unless you have Spotlights installed. I’ll be updating to the latest when everything is back to normal. There is a bug in the flood lighting because although it is bright when first switched on it fades soon after and flying around dusk it’s difficult to make out the instruments. Spotlights probably fixed that but I can’t install it because my card cannot use 376.33 drivers.

W10 updates all applied here too. I think if Microsoft bugger anything up it is fixed in a reasonable time. Having flown Concorde so much recently I’ve got used to its speed so switching back to a 737 is going to feel like driving with the handbrake on. :(

Concorde still thrills like nothing else. I couldn’t bear to be parted from it. Hope you’re keeping well and looking forward to an exciting future in flight sim. :)

AdrianSmith

Like Steve I am delighted to see that you may have achieved the solution.

I never contributed to the discussion as I am Win7 and FSX so almost nothing I could put forward.

Ray Proudfoot

Thanks Adrian and understood. It was probably the most obscure problem I have ever encountered.

Yes, a format and reinstall of everything would have fixed the problem but the important thing to bear in mind we would never have known what caused it. Now we do so should anyone ever get a similar problem maybe this topic will help.

Kyprianos Biris

@Ray Proudfoot I'm glad to hear that it was resolved.

I have had some very sporadic (like one every 50~100 flights) crashes of P3Dv3 similar to your's while approaching destination in the descent phase some 50 nm out and that never in FSL Concorde.

I have never traced the root of the problem so maybe its GSX maybe not.

The only glitch I have experienced from GSX is when on 10~5nm final approach on ILS when I get a pop up window of GSX (Couatl) warning about failing to do something. I was clicking close/ignore (can't remember now) and just continuing the rest of the approach without issues. When landing GSX was not active at the airport. Its very seldom and it looks like it was later resolved at some update since I have not experienced it again.

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Kyp,

Yes, the relief is enormous. Three months of trying to sort it out was driving me mad. This morning I uninstalled all my FSDT products including all the airports. I wanted a clean start. I've now installed them all plus GSX + Level 2. I've also installed various other airports I haven't flown into for a while. TFFR, KSEA, KSAN and KMCO. Those are nice for hops down the east and west coasts of the USA.

GSX does give you the option to choose your gate once below 10,000ft and 250kts. Might it have been that although that is user controlled. The only other possibility is you had it in evaluation mode and it was warning you of that.

But if the CTDs are that infrequent there's probably not much to worry about. All systems have them from time to time. I'll finish installing airports etc. today and have a longish flight tomorrow.

Konstantin

I am happy for you Ray that you have resolved the crashes, really!  It boggles my mind that a little thing like a corrupt and incompatible GSX file can interfere with Concorde's INS and cause the whole sim to crash without any warning or error report. In this regard, I find the FSX/P3D engine too sensitive against conflicts like these, where you are dealing with some incompatible files.

But that's something that you have no longer to worry about. I guess that having conducted so many test flights may have given you a Concorde-fatigue for a while, hasn't it?

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Konstantin,

What astounds me is a critical event happens in P3D and there is no error trapping code to catch it and output a message to the user. As a former programmer it was drilled into me that you have to cope with 'dirty' data from users as well as 'clean' data. Someone is going to enter rubbish into a field at some point so you have to catch it.

It can't be that difficult to have code in P3D even if it just says a file could not be read. The name of the file would be even better. But because P3D didn't capture it nothing could be passed to W10. Grgghh!

I posted on the GSX forum and you can read it here plus Umberto's reply. Another user had the same problem so maybe it's more common than we think.

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,23115.0.html

I needed to have a fly somewhere totally different after installing all my scenery for P3D. LAX to Honolulu in 2h 26m. Clean as a whistle. Eat your heart out Boeing / Airbus pilots. :D I may take a break from it now because you're right. A bit of fatigue has set it.

• 1 month later...
Ramón Cutanda

Hi Ray!

It's been a long time! After what seems to me decades of flying other boring aircrafts in P3Dv4, I am craving for Concorde once again, so I decided to have a look at the forum to see if there was anything new about her. What an odyssey you had! I don't believe we could find just a single simmer in the world taking as much trouble as you did for ANY OTHER AIRCRAFT; but Concorde. I am glad to read that we can happily continue flying Concorde on latest Windows 10 and nVidia drivers AS LONG AS we stay away from Spotlights. I am currently finishing an around the world tour, but as soon as I land at my final destination I will make use of my well deserved holidays (even if have to be at home here in Spain, online teaching is even more time-consuming than doing it in a real classroom!) to reinstall Windows and P3Dv3 from scratch to enjoy, once again, this timeless wonder in the air.

Stay safe these tricky days and take care.

Bests,

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot

Hello @Ramón Cutanda. Nice to see you back. Yes, it was an epic and had it been any other aircraft it's unlikely I would have persevered for so long.

What is happening in the world is truly dreadful. Spain has suffered so much but I hope the most recent stats suggest a peak has been reached. Good luck with teaching. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. But the positive side is you still have a job and are healthy. Those two count for a lot at the moment.

I'm flying a world tour in the PMDG737 and the leg from SFO to Honolulu was dreadful. over 6 hours at Mach 0.79. Same for the next leg to Pago Pago. With P3D v5 not too far away I'm hoping Andrew and Lefteris can soon decide which sim to develop 64-bit Concorde for.

Mirza Beg
On 4/4/2020 at 9:03 AM, Ray Proudfoot said:

Hello @Ramón Cutanda. Nice to see you back. Yes, it was an epic and had it been any other aircraft it's unlikely I would have persevered for so long.

What is happening in the world is truly dreadful. Spain has suffered so much but I hope the most recent stats suggest a peak has been reached. Good luck with teaching. I can't imagine how difficult that must be. But the positive side is you still have a job and are healthy. Those two count for a lot at the moment.

I'm flying a world tour in the PMDG737 and the leg from SFO to Honolulu was dreadful. over 6 hours at Mach 0.79. Same for the next leg to Pago Pago. With P3D v5 not too far away I'm hoping Andrew and Lefteris can soon decide which sim to develop 64-bit Concorde for.

lol 6 hours  ): 3 and half is long enough! 

Ray Proudfoot
11 hours ago, Mirza Beg said:

lol 6 hours  ): 3 and half is long enough! 

Not if you're managing the fuel. Plenty to keep you occupied.

• 1 month later...
Ray Proudfoot

Sorry to report the dreaded CTD is back. One of my favourite routes - LPPT-EGCC crashed just four miles from the waypoint MIRSI which is about 15nm WNW of Manchester Airport.

This route had the CTD problem at earlier points in this flight including MIRSI. But today all those were passed successfully except MIRSI.

I suspect SODE jetways at Manchester so my first action will be to disable SODE from running. Maybe it’s GSX too but there’s no easy way to uninstall it for P3Dv3 only.

Ray Proudfoot

Does anyone running P3D v3.4 also run SODE and GSX? I find it strange I seem to be alone in having these problems.

Norman Blackburn

If I am able to in the morning I will try GSX in v3.

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

If I am able to in the morning I will try GSX in v3.

Thanks Norman. Hard to say where the problem lies and it might take you several flights before you encounter the problem. Then again, you might never get it.

I had two flights Honolulu -Tokyo. First flight crashed a couple of hundred miles out. The second was fine.

If you have UK2000 EGCC try a flight from Dublin that routes you over WAL then towards MIRSI. It CTDs 4 miles from MIRSI. I suspect EGCC but precisely what is the mystery.

Fraser Gale
28 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Thanks Norman. Hard to say where the problem lies and it might take you several flights before you encounter the problem. Then again, you might never get it.

I had two flights Honolulu -Tokyo. First flight crashed a couple of hundred miles out. The second was fine.

If you have UK2000 EGCC try a flight from Dublin that routes you over WAL then towards MIRSI. It CTDs 4 miles from MIRSI. I suspect EGCC but precisely what is the mystery.

Have you tried disabling the scenery you suspect in the scenery library @Ray Proudfoot?  If you suspect more than one, do one at a time obviously to narrow it down... 

Ray Proudfoot
1 hour ago, Fraser Gale said:

Have you tried disabling the scenery you suspect in the scenery library @Ray Proudfoot?  If you suspect more than one, do one at a time obviously to narrow it down... 

When Andrew recommended uninstalling and reinstalling GSX and SODE I did that and all was well. Since then I have added no scenery to v3. So what has been fine for a couple of months has now started to cause trouble again.

I use the auto save feature in FSUIPC so was able to reload the last saved situation and complete the flight. This is an extremely difficult problem to resolve. Yes, I could uninstall GSX and SODE again but I don’t think it’s possible to do it for P3D v3 only. I would then have to install it again for v4.

That is annoying because I never have this problem in v4. And when you consider I’m on leg 45 of a world tour in a 737 that tells you there is nothing fundamentally wrong with GSX or SODE. I’ve never had this problem in v4.

It’s a problem unique to Concorde in v3. I will uninstall SODE and try things again as that is the quickest resolution.

Fraser Gale
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

When Andrew recommended uninstalling and reinstalling GSX and SODE I did that and all was well. Since then I have added no scenery to v3. So what has been fine for a couple of months has now started to cause trouble again.

I use the auto save feature in FSUIPC so was able to reload the last saved situation and complete the flight. This is an extremely difficult problem to resolve. Yes, I could uninstall GSX and SODE again but I don’t think it’s possible to do it for P3D v3 only. I would then have to install it again for v4.

That is annoying because I never have this problem in v4. And when you consider I’m on leg 45 of a world tour in a 737 that tells you there is nothing fundamentally wrong with GSX or SODE. I’ve never had this problem in v4.

It’s a problem unique to Concorde in v3. I will uninstall SODE and try things again as that is the quickest resolution.

That didn't answer my question... I don't use SODE so not sure how it works but you mentioned a suspicion that EGCC might be an issue, so turn it off in the library and test it before uninstalling anything. 

Concorde is old code, other stuff is new code and there are bound to be conflicts.  Has your windows done an automatic update by any chance..............?

Ray Proudfoot
24 minutes ago, Fraser Gale said:

That didn't answer my question... I don't use SODE so not sure how it works but you mentioned a suspicion that EGCC might be an issue, so turn it off in the library and test it before uninstalling anything. 

Concorde is old code, other stuff is new code and there are bound to be conflicts.  Has your windows done an automatic update by any chance..............?

If turning off EGCC solved it that would be simple. Read back through this topic if you wish but the crashes were happening with a clean install of P3D plus GoFlight drivers, GSX and SODE. So addon airports are not the problem.

I’ve  also had CTDs near OWENZ so how far out from land is that? And most recently a couple of hundred miles off the coast of Japan.

Yes, there has been an update recently but for it to cause the same CTD as before is a million to one. The problem lies in SODE and / or GSX. Removing one and testing is the only way to find what is responsible.

Ive had problems with crashes all my sim life and this has been the most difficult by a long way. I wish I could just remove P3Dv3 but that isn’t possible if I want to fly Concorde.

Norman Blackburn

Ray,

Have you tried to deregister SODE?  C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE

Screenshot (164).png

image.png

Fraser Gale

If turning off EGCC solved it that would be simple. Read back through this topic if you wish but the crashes were happening with a clean install of P3D plus GoFlight drivers, GSX and SODE. So addon airports are not the problem.

I’ve  also had CTDs near OWENZ so how far out from land is that? And most recently a couple of hundred miles off the coast of Japan.

In your more recent post you said you suspected EGCC, hence the first thing I suggested was to turn it off.  I have discovered scenery issue that creep up after a long time by doing this. If you have tried this or indeed it is crashing nowhere near EGCC then don't suspect EGCC and ignore my suggestion. 

Yes, there has been an update recently but for it to cause the same CTD as before is a million to one. The problem lies in SODE and / or GSX. Removing one and testing is the only way to find what is responsible.

Eh, no it's not that remote a chance actually and it is the reason I forced my windows to stop updating a couple of years ago, that way I can update after any clashes are fixed.  

You seem to know what the problem is in this statement so turn them/it off or uninstall and do without.  We are all making sacrifices to keep Concorde in our sims for now, this may have to be yours.  There won't be a fix so if you know what's causing the issue you will have to remove it. 

Ray Proudfoot
37 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Ray,

Have you tried to deregister SODE?  C:\Program Files (x86)\12bPilot\SODE

Screenshot (164).png

image.png

Norman, no, not yet. A simple option to do. What is more difficult is flying a 1h30m flight to test with the CTD occuring a few miles from the destination.

If you read my earlier posts you'll see it only happens with Concorde and the INS active and programmed. With it off (flying via TRK HDG) or another aircraft the problem didn't happen. It is an extremely unusual combination of software running.

13 minutes ago, Fraser Gale said:

In your more recent post you said you suspected EGCC, hence the first thing I suggested was to turn it off.  I have discovered scenery issue that creep up after a long time by doing this. If you have tried this or indeed it is crashing nowhere near EGCC then don't suspect EGCC and ignore my suggestion. 

Eh, no it's not that remote a chance actually and it is the reason I forced my windows to stop updating a couple of years ago, that way I can update after any clashes are fixed.  

You seem to know what the problem is in this statement so turn them/it off or uninstall and do without.  We are all making sacrifices to keep Concorde in our sims for now, this may have to be yours.  There won't be a fix so if you know what's causing the issue you will have to remove it. 

No, I said it happens as I approach EGCC. But it has also happened at other places. I can load Concorde at EGCC and depart and there's no problem. But when I load Concorde at EGCC the INSs are not active with a plan loaded.

I remain of the belief Windows updates are not the problem. This CTD occurs at a very precise location. 4nm from MIRSI. It has to be P3D software related and uninstalling both SODE and GSX fixed it for 3 months. I will ask Umberto if I can uninstall GSX for P3D v3 but leave it active for v4. SODE I can do without and will deactivate.

Norman Blackburn

Ray,

Based on your earlier issues where you said "it is only with" surely the only waz to try is ONLY with the Concorde.  No SODE, GSX, FSUIPC.  NOTHING apart from the Concorde and v3.
4nm from MIRSI would easily suggest scenery - either the aerodrome or the addon (GSX etc)

• Like 1
Ray Proudfoot
22 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Ray,

Based on your earlier issues where you said "it is only with" surely the only waz to try is ONLY with the Concorde.  No SODE, GSX, FSUIPC.  NOTHING apart from the Concorde and v3.
4nm from MIRSI would easily suggest scenery - either the aerodrome or the addon (GSX etc)

Norman,

As I said before I can do without SODE. I can do without GSX but I do not want to mess up my v4 GSX if it can not be uninstalled for v3 only. The GSX forum is down at present so I can't ask the question.

Why doesn't the problem occur when I fly away from EGCC or even when the INS is loaded and active at EGCC? It doesn't. FSUIPC is irrelevant and not responsible. And how do you explain the CTD a few hundred miles east of Tokyo? No addon scenery there and even if there was it wouldn't be loaded that far away.

Question. When you fly Concorde do you run GSX and / or SODE?

Norman Blackburn

Ray, I have neither active in my v3.  It is one less thing in my sim to worry about.  For you, I tried earlier to download the 32bit GSX to no avail.

Ray Proudfoot

Norman, that makes life easier of course. One thing that people may have missed. When I reload the last auto-save flight I was able to continue past MIRSI and land. That’s why this is such an irritating problem. Why would it be okay on a reload but not on the original flight? Andrew suggested a clash of memory with the INS and GSX / SODE that is cleared with a reload. Just about impossible to resolve.

Another reason why FSUIPC has to stay otherwise no possibility of resuming the flight.