Simbrief CG

Alexander_Halbritter

Alexander_Halbritter

On the 321 I notice that the CG when creating the flightplan via simbrief is far forward. It always is between 18 and 24%. Is there a way to change this as in real life you would want the CG to be far more towards the rear for better fuel economy and performance. 

Alexander_Halbritter

I load load the fligytplan via init request and load the cargo via the AOC (and gsx)

and I might add I never had this problem in the 320/319 using the same loading technique 

Camille MOUCHEL
34 minutes ago, Alexander_Halbritter said:

On the 321 I notice that the CG when creating the flightplan via simbrief is far forward. It always is between 18 and 24%. Is there a way to change this as in real life you would want the CG to be far more towards the rear for better fuel economy and performance. 

with the A321 and even the A319, the CG is always above 30%

Alexander_Halbritter

I know that, that’s why I’m asking. Never got more than 24% MAC in the 321, 320 worked like a Charme. Should be way aft. Is there a way to change it? I noticed that the baggage of the pax is in one cargo compartment instead of evenly distributed 

Camille MOUCHEL
5 minutes ago, Alexander_Halbritter said:

I know that, that’s why I’m asking. Never got more than 24% MAC in the 321, 320 worked like a Charme. Should be way aft. Is there a way to change it? I noticed that the baggage of the pax is in one cargo compartment instead of evenly distributed 

I don't know I use simbrief, don't why the fslabs doesn't try to "neutrlize the CG", but you can then do it manually

Alexander_Halbritter

Well, than this autobalancing is failing for me somehow :D Take off trim is always around UP2.0.  I will provide screenshots when doing my next flight. 

Camille MOUCHEL
18 minutes ago, Alexander_Halbritter said:

Well, than this autobalancing is failing for me somehow :D Take off trim is always around UP2.0.  I will provide screenshots when doing my next flight. 

well I'm alway between -1.0 and +1.0

Koen Meier

You appear to be very light for an a321 so compensation via cargo isn’t effective. I did a flight between heathrow and Amsterdam which I had a ZFW of 71.1 tonnes. That was 218 pax and 800 cargo totaling 21757 kg of payload.

Alexander_Halbritter

Well Lufthansa only has 200 seats. I got 170 pax at 84kg each. But I think I know what causes it. I have simbrief set to 84kg per passenger. But i forgot to add the weight of their baggage. In the next leg I will report back if that actually solves it

Luca Schwahn
5 hours ago, Koen Meier said:

Planespotters say 205. Seatguru says 192 which is less reliable I think. And Lufthansa website says 200.

Yes, but LH also counts the blocked middle seat in Business Class as one seat (the light grey one without a cross) . On a normal flight with full Business Class around 190 passengers would fit as a maximum. I think the amount of Business Class seats can easily be changed before the flights as there is mostly no difference between Eco and Business, at least on Lufthansa‘s A320-Family fleet. So they can adjust there capacity pretty good. 

Alexander_Halbritter
16 hours ago, Andrew Wilson said:

The logic targets a MACTOW of 30%.

re-set the simbrief passenger weight to 104kg (default value), now it is working again. TOCG around 27%. 

• 1 year later...
Ross McDonagh
On 1/9/2020 at 6:07 PM, Andrew Wilson said:

The logic targets a MACTOW of 30%.

Hate to revive this-but in the A321, I’ve definitely got this issue consistently when I fly my 200 pax limited A321 and my SB pax are at 230lb (84kg)  

TOCG was 23.8% for me and usually is in that range in the A321.  I do all my stuff via SB/FSLabs link 

I’ve attached a pic of the release, Loadsheet and load out in payload (after an hour of flight) as well as the 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg