FMGC exception

George Westwell

George Westwell

Hi, can anyone help me. I have flown the new A321 several times including this morning. However, when I load the plane (having first loaded the raptor) i get the error message FMGC exception and then when I choose to continue the programme crashes.

I have rebooted my PC several times, and have also tried to re-install the programme, but am unable to do so, as it recognises that it is already installed.

Any thoughts as to how I eliminate this error message? Any thoughts appreciated.

Thanks and Happy New Year

Jürgen Weerelds

Yes sir the error goes away but i dont have any navdata (no runways,sids,gps primary lost..)

in navdata folder the cycle.info.txt and the NAV2001001.rom exist

George Westwell

Same here - deleted the content of my navdata folder - and re-downloaded Navigraph - but seems some files are missing.

I then re-installed both A320 and A321 - that's not cured the issue - so not sure where to go to from here.

Norman Blackburn
6 hours ago, George Westwell said:

However, when I load the plane (having first loaded the raptor) i

Why would you load the raptor or anything else?

Simply choose the FSL aircraft of choice from the scenario window.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
Nikita Leme

Hello, I have the same problem, nothing helps. Reinstallation, restoration of a previous stocking, deletion of files and new installation of navdatas But nothing to do ???

fmgcEexception.jpg

Norman Blackburn

Hi @Nikita

Could we ask you to change your forum name to be your real name.  

In regards to your issue, given that Navigraph provided an update to their program and before that many others had successfully updated things manually I am pretty sure there is something you are not doing correct.

Have you updated the navigraph program?

Which airac are you using?

Which build and version of the 320X are you using?

Can you show a screenshot of your navdata folder when this error occurs.  I would like it if I can see the whole address of the folder at the same time.

Nikita Leme

Thank you Norman for your response.
I'm using version 2.0.2.440
Airac 2002 FMS Data manager last 1.7.3.1201
I installed with the manual base the result is the same.
Here is a screenshot at the time of the error with the navdata directory.

2020-02-07 (2).jpg

I have been having the same problem - I've been stuck on the 1912 cycle, new cycles will results in the FMGC Exception error.

I've got the same version of everything installed as you do Nikita. Deleting/Updating Airacs & updating FSLabs aircraft have not helped. Someone on the Navigraph forum is recommending a complete uninstall/re-install of fslabs products to fix the problem which I'll try when I get the time although I don't see how that is any different from updating using the installer.

EDIT: I've fixed the problem by deleting a bunch of old .rom files in \Prepar3D v4 Add-ons\FSLabs\NavData. The FMS data manager does not clean up old Airacs and there must be a limit to how many you can have in this folder.

Edited by Peter Ryan
Found solution
  • Like 1
Nikita Leme

Thank you Peter, actually I only left 4 Airac Bases in the directory and after a failure (CTD at first launch) the 320 is gone and everything seems to be working normally. thanks again for this solution. in the future I will clean up this directory.

• 1 month later...
Craig Phillips

I was getting this problem as well. It seems if you have 25 or more *.rom files in the NavData directory, it causes the FMGC exception. By removing some obsolete AIRACs, it seems to work ok and frees  several GBs of storage!

• 2 weeks later...
Samuel May

Every time I load into the FSL after the new AIRAC update, I get this window pop up. I have to press it 20 times for it to close, and it then comes up a few minutes after

I cannot turn on batteries, or change brigthness or anything

billede.thumb.png.70bf8a4f088caf1bd3649582e65c3485.png