Turn 2nd left door to normal?

Marc Stanford

Marc Stanford

Is there a way to turn the 2nd door left of the fuselage (2L), the one behind the main exit to a normal door instead of an emergency door? I want to use 3 doors on the left for boarding just like the screenshots.

I've also seen some other operators doing it since it speeds up boarding.

Brian Swintal

No airline uses the 2L door for boarding anymore. LH use to and American and Jetblue experimented with the idea but the door is just too close to the engines and ran too great of a risk of running the jetbridge into the engine. 99% of the time you'll see boarding and deplaining via the 1L and 4L doors only

Marc Stanford
1 hour ago, Brian Swintal said:

No airline uses the 2L door for boarding anymore. LH use to and American and Jetblue experimented with the idea but the door is just too close to the engines and ran too great of a risk of running the jetbridge into the engine. 99% of the time you'll see boarding and deplaining via the 1L and 4L doors only

I didn't know that, thanks!

Marc,

If you really want, it is easy enough to set up with GSX2: add the following lines to your gsx.cfg file (\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali\Airplanes\FSLabs A321 XXX\)

[exit2]
pos = -1.68 4.95 -0.86 4.00
code = (L:FSLA320_pax_door2, number) 2900 >=
name = Left Mid Fwd Cabin Door
embeddedStair = 0

Keep in mind, the Doors summary page will still show this as an emergency exit when the door is open. As Brian mentioned above, it is a very tight fit...I suspect there were a few aircraft with wing fairing damage using the #2 door as the main entry way.

Btw...I changed mine back to 

[exit2]
remove = 1

Rob

• 4 weeks later...
Florian Venus

LH is still using both doors for boarding if two jetbridges are available (at least on their Hubs FRA and MUC). Stair boarding is via 1L and 4L, if only one jetbridge is available, it will be attached to 1L

Hi Florian,

I do confirm your are right. Today afternoon flight with LH A 321 from MUC to ARN were both bridges connected and in use.  I take time and looked out three window and jetbridge is really close to engine nacelle.

Brgds R