FSLabs A321 - Video Camera Bug

Sveinung Kaurstad

Sveinung Kaurstad

Hello FSL Team,

I just wanted to report that the new camera fuction didn't work for me. I recorded a little snip of what happend when I tried to use it!

Perhaps this is something you guys can look into? :lol:

I also do find it difficult to find an appropiate place to post these bug reports, so perhaps make it a bit easier and just make a new sections called "Bugs".

Anyways,

Thanks for reading my post, and hopefully this issue can be resolved easily! 

Markus Burkhard

You're the first person to report this, so we're not yet sure if this is something we can fix. As you can see the sim is trying to load the camera view on the lower ECAM screen, without success. 

Can you verify the issue still occurs after a restart of P3D, and with the A321 being the first thing you load?

• Like 1
Sveinung Kaurstad

Good evening @Markus Burkhard,

Right so I booted up my P3D to have a look for you!

Loaded into the same livery I used earlier on, and it did work now.

However it seems a bit odd on why it wouldn't work earlier.

I have no good explaination to what has gone wrong, but I will certianly try again after my next flight and see how I get along!

Possibly attempt to reproduce this issue!

Thanks for the respond! :lol:

Markus Burkhard

The thing is, the old ESP engine, on which P3D is based, was never intended for stuff like this real-time camera view in sim. So it is possible that the function acts up a bit if people are testing things, change settings and so on. It should work flawlessly on any normal flight you do.

Harry Twine

Hey Guys.

Just an observation from the issue above... 

When GSX deboards you, it automatically switches to the "Door" page; not sure if this is a GSX coded thing or FSL.

Maybe GSX is overwriding what is seen on the lower ECAM - as when trying to switch on the Video....

Just a thought. 

:P

Danny Moore
Hey Guys.

Just an observation from the issue above... 

When GSX deboards you, it automatically switches to the "Door" page; not sure if this is a GSX coded thing or FSL.

Maybe GSX is overwriding what is seen on the lower ECAM - as when trying to switch on the Video....

Just a thought. 

Same for me. Worked fine boarding, in flight but couldn’t get it to work due to door page while deboarding .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

David Norfolk

i've tested this too, it;s something to do with the door page 

Sveinung Kaurstad

I would also like to add some information!

I also didn't have anything selected, as you can see in the video!

However this issuse did appear for me as I was deboarding the aircraft with GSX.

I let the FSLabs request it for me with putting the seatbelt sign to off!

So then the question is if this is an GSX thing or an FSLabs thing?

Since it does seem like it just gets stuck on the doors page.

When I was deboarding I tried to do it from multiple pages, but it always went back to the doors page whenever i deselected the other page I was on. For example the enginge page.

Danny Moore

I understand that the door page has priority but why does it work on departure when on the ground but not arrival? My doors are open when loading and it works. Seems to only effect user once they land.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Koen Meier
Just now, Jon Beniston said:

Should we be able to see people moving around in flight (when seat belt sign is off), or is it just during boarding?

Only boarding as the animation are part of gsx.

• 4 weeks later...
Zachary Kerr

I have the same issue....I find that if I use the "EMER CANC" button, it removes the door page and displays the camera - i realize its probably not SOP...and possibly only for emergency's (it is a guarded button after all) but it always clears the door page and the camera appears every-time!  Whatever works.....right!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
Diogo S Ferreira
On 2/9/2020 at 2:09 AM, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Is it supposed to show something inflight? Mine shows a black screen only. I never managed to make it show some kind of animation.

Me also...and I’ve already tried all the options above....I’m using version V5.0.1.126.... any lights? On this subject?... 

My Best Regards

Diogo Ferreira

Robert Sutherland

For what it's worth, the official FSLabs cockpit textures have an INOP sticker over the camera button. The excellent textures by Hugo Bincho do not, so if you use those it may not be so obvious :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Diogo S Ferreira

Ahaha you’re absolutely right!! my fault :unsure: I didn t pay attention to that ;). Thank you for your help ;).

My Best Regards

Diogo Ferreira

Hugo Bicho
7 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

For what it's worth, the official FSLabs cockpit textures have an INOP sticker over the camera button. The excellent textures by Hugo Bincho do not, so if you use those it may not be so obvious :) 

And that’s what happens when you do not update your textures with the latest versions :P.

Link :

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmkUoce76Y1Ghs5qnJyMInSlWJkqyA?e=G65FRT

• Like 2
Hugo Bicho
9 hours ago, Stu Antonio said:

What does that mean? 
I have your latest textures, there's no INOP sticker on the cam panel. Don't really care, just saying. :)

Hey Stu, you should see it, if you’ve correctly installed the v4.2 and maked sure to install every textures (even the text textures) you should see it.  

Stu Antonio
2 minutes ago, Hugo Bicho said:

Hey Stu, you should see it, if you’ve correctly installed the v4.2 and maked sure to install every textures (even the text textures) you should see it.  

I guess it's just a misunderstanding. :) 

So I have the sticker on the A320 and A319... but not on the A321.
Technically, that may be correct, since the A321 does have the cameras, they just (currently) don't work in P3Dv5. So for v5, an INOP sticker would be appropriate as well I guess :)