A320 CFM braking performance bad compared to IAE

Hendrik Schall

Hendrik Schall

Hi guys,

while flying the CFM A320 I noticed on several times, that braking performance is very low. In addition to this I get almost always hot brakes. (Only autobrake low, and avoiding unnecessary braking)

The IAE behaves complete different (I think normal). It brakes much stronger, without always hot brakes.

For information: I use only a key for braking. I tried it with standard MCDU setting 0.28 and are actual using 0.38 right now, but it doesn’t  show much effect...IAE is breaking harder with this setting but CFM has still very poor braking performance.

First I thought it’s icing simulation on ground, but it also happens at temperatures arount 10 degrees Celsius .

Julian Vögt

Hi Hendrik, 

I think this ist a known bug and should be resolved with the next release (Andi said?). Braking action is indeed very bad in low temperatures at the moment. :-) 

Julian

• Thanks 1
Paul Parkin
3 minutes ago, Julian Vögt said:

Hi Hendrik, 

I think this ist a known bug and should be resolved with the next release (Andi said?). Braking action is indeed very bad in low temperatures at the moment. :-) 

Julian

To be fair, carbon brakes are pretty bad when they're cold!

Julian Vögt
Just now, Paul Parkin said:

To be fair, carbon brakes are pretty bad when they're cold!

Hi Paul,

yes you are right, but the braking action is also bad with hot brakes in cold weather conditions. 

Julian 

Hendrik Schall

Well, today I flow again the A320 IAE, for my surprise the brakes weren't much better and I got hot brakes, too. So I think it's affecting the IAE in some case, too. Let's see what the next update will bring....