Motion setting for chase plane

Roland Schwarz

Koen Meier
Just now, Roland Schwarz said:

doesn´t have anyone chase plane??

a lot of people have chase plane but motions are somewhat subjective for each. and also different for each aircraft camera view.

Brad Zimmer

From the Captain View, I uptick anticipation high enough to where within turns the camera will move slightly with the turn.  As for wind, I have it slightly over 0 as I find that it shakes too much with anything higher.  Like Koen said, there is no "magic setting" that you can do.  It is all pretty much trial and error.

Stu Antonio

I have set acceleration to 5 and ground effect to 1.5 i think. Everything else is down to 0. It‘s a thing of personal taste, like  Koen and Brad said. I for instance don‘t like the „gimbal“ effect when I bank the plane etc... 

Also some effects like wind or engine burst etc are more designed for smaller planes or external views...

The „human“ effects like breathing or anticipation are useless in my opinion. 

Roland Schwarz

Hi, I use your settings now. The problem is, that there is no shacking, when I fly throu the clouds. is it nessecary that I do some changing in Active Sky?

Roland

Stu Antonio
On 12/7/2019 at 5:19 PM, Roland Schwarz said:

Hi, I use your settings now. The problem is, that there is no shacking, when I fly throu the clouds. is it nessecary that I do some changing in Active Sky?

Roland

Clouds don't necessarily mean shaking. Ther has to be some turbulence too. You can try and check the "random turbulence in clouds option" in acvice sky. Other than that, I would stick to the settings that are recommended in the fslabs manual....

• 1 year later...
Dave Taylor
On 12/2/2019 at 4:35 PM, Roland Schwarz said:

Hi, I bought chase plane now and need some help for the best motion setting with the FSL A 320.

Roland

Dave Taylor
1 hour ago, Stu Antonio said:

Where does he mention chaseplane settings? 

Yes, I'm sorry but I couldn't remove or delete it but, they are available.

Stu Antonio
4 minutes ago, Dave Taylor said:

Yes, I'm sorry but I couldn't remove or delete it but, they are available.

Could you explain to me where exactly I can find it? 
AFAIK Chaseplane got rid of the community profiles a while ago. Where/how do you search/import profiles from other users?

Walter Meier

I found Blackbox's Chaseplane view profiles on his Discord server, but nothing on motion settings. I'll keep looking and let you know if I find something.

• Thanks 2