Warthog and tiller ?

phil highton

Wow that looks really cool, I’ve been looking for a plug and play tiller.  I assume P3D just sees it as another axis?

I can’t read anything on that page but is the tiller 199.99 euros and the piece to attach to a desk another 29.99?

12 minutes ago, David Reage said:

I assume P3D just sees it as another axis?

Yes, I'm using it in P3D via FSUIPC as another axis. The device is connected via USB and is recognized by the PC as "JoyWarrier A8-8 " (plug and play).

You can translate the page via Google translator. The tiller itself costs 200 Euros and the attachment for the desk another 30 Euros.

Markus Burkhard
4 hours ago, phil highton said:

Hey guys , I just bought the warthog what are you guys using for the tiller ?

I use the grey slider on the base of the throttle unit, right side of the throttle levers. Work's just fine with its centre detent, even though it's not self-centring like the real one.

Richard Portier
2 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

I use the grey slider on the base of the throttle unit, right side of the throttle levers. Work's just fine with its centre detent, even though it's not self-centring like the real one.

I use the same...works like a charm.

Richard

Arto E.P. Karhu

Yep, I agree it works beautifully with no tweaking whatsoever with any software at my end.

Frederic Nadot

Me too. The only thing I miss is a spoiler axis. For that, I use the throttle axis of an old Logitech Wingman Attack 2 positioned near the Warthog throttle.

16 hours ago, Markus Burkhard said:

That's genius - I'm definitely going to change mine now!

Markus Burkhard
7 hours ago, Graham Carr said:

That's genius - I'm definitely going to change mine now!

It's only half-genius, you loose that axis for speedbrakes ;) Also make sure you give the axis a little bit of a curve in its slope using FSUIPC, that will help for small adjustments on straight taxiways.

1 hour ago, Markus Burkhard said:

It's only half-genius, you loose that axis for speedbrakes ;) Also make sure you give the axis a little bit of a curve in its slope using FSUIPC, that will help for small adjustments on straight taxiways.

Noted on the FSUIPC curve. I use the grey thumb button (almost looks like a H) for speedbrakes...push forward to retract and pull towards you to extend.

Charles Harris

Same here I use the slider on the right of the throttles. I set the axis and configure it in P3D. In P3D set the slider to "Axis Steering Set". The only thing I use FSUIPC for is throttles. Mainly since it lets me set the left for engines 1/2 and right for 3/4 on 4 engine aircraft.

I set the speedbrake switch(top grey switch on side of throttle) for well speedbrakes Back (spring loaded position) for arm/disarm and forward for extend/retract

Frederic Nadot

For those who hesitate, here follow my configuration for the A3XX. The advantage is to have all under the hand while vacating the runway. No need to click any button during taxi.

Most of them are FSUIPC mouse macros, others are direct P3D buttons assignments. If that can help...:rolleyes:

Warthog_Fred.jpg

Throttle_Fred.jpg

• Like 3
Frederic Nadot

No Rafal. I just remember by flying hours and hours (when my girlfriend is out :D).

Even if there is a small difference with Boeing aircrafts, I try to keep the same functions for all buttons. I am very happy with this kit.