Windows 10 Nvidia drivers that work with Concorde?

Ray Proudfoot

Ray Proudfoot

@Konstantin It’s hard to remember because I didn’t fly it for a few months.

Sadly I have deleted earlier versions. If you remember v1.41 corrected the problem of options not being saved correctly. This is what Lefteris posted in the locked topic above... “v1.41 is a small maintenance release that updates the Concorde-X for FSX and P3D v3 to save selected options properly, as well as fix the problem with the freezing INS instruments.”.

I’m assuming everyone updated to that version as the options problem was annoying. I don’t recall having the frozen INS problem.

If others were getting the same problem as me it would strengthen my case that something is amiss in the aircraft and not in either the drivers I’m using (382.05) or my system in general which is fine with P3Dv4.

Are you running v1.41? In what OS? Still W7 or have you changed to 10 now 7 is no longer supported? And still running 382.05 drivers with a 950 card?

I have gone as far as I can in trying to eliminate any possible issue on my system and I have no problems at all with P3Dv4. But in a virgin P3D v3 install with only Concorde installed I can’t see how anything outside Concorde is causing the problem. Today’s CTD was over open ocean 50nm from land and no Ai running. Yet it crashes.

@Lefteris Kalamaras, can you provide a link to an earlier version please? Or perhaps post a comment on this problem?

Ray Proudfoot

Looking back to a post I made in September about sound levels in Concorde I never mentioned this CTD issue. I’m sure had it occurred then I would have thought it far more important than sound levels.

This makes me think that this CTD problem did not exist before v1.41. To paraphrase Sherlock Holmes, once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Or in plain English, if a CTD occurs in a clean P3D install the likely cause is something not associated with that install. i.e., Concorde v1.41.

Ray Proudfoot

And another post by me last June running v1.40 where I was able to fly across the pond with no issues. https://forums.flightsimlabs.com/index.php?/topic/6726-concorde-x-v140-now-available-for-fsx-and-p3d-v3/&do=findComment&comment=163185

This is making v1.41 very suspicious in my eyes. None of my current problems existed before 1.41 was released.

Kyprianos Biris

Ray just FYI I am running 1.41 without any issues whatsoever in P3Dv3.

I have not done any magic but maybe it could be related to my setup which has the specific add on's and hardware listed below.

Ray Proudfoot

Kyp, stopping updates for W10 is inadvisable. I also run P3D v4 and never have any issues with CTDs. The recommended OS for Concorde is W10 64-bit. No mention is made of stopping updates. https://www.flightsimlabs.com/index.php/concorde-x/

What routes do you fly? What is the build of your OS?

Marcell Csendes
On 2/6/2020 at 11:05 AM, Kyprianos Biris said:

I have not done any magic but maybe it could be related to my setup which has the specific add on's and hardware listed below.

Man, noone is gonna stop Windows updates, it might be annoying, but it's a security risk, I somehow accept the fact not to update GPU drivers, but preventing Win10 updates, too?

Cmon, at least there should be a proper last update to resolve these issues, I don't even say to release any new feature, just fix the crash and the NVIDIA driver problem, that should be something which we SHOULD NOT even ask for. It's something that you MUST have done as for a FINAL STABLE release. 

Ray Proudfoot

Hi Marcell, thanks for posting. Can you please provide the following...

Version of Concorde. 1.41 is the latest.

Windows version and build number.

Version of Nvidia drivers.

And you confirm you allow all Windows 10 updates?

Ray Proudfoot
Just now, Marcell Csendes said:

I don't have P3D installed at the moment, but I can do, if you wish.

When do you get CTDs? 

That’s very nice of you Marcell, thanks. In order to get as close as possible to my setup you would need to have Windows 10 up to date and an Nvidia 1080Ti with 382.05 drivers. Is that possible? And v1.41 of course.

I have a short flight from Manchester to Lisbon that I use. The CTD will either occur as I fly to the north of Anglesey (NW Wales) or off the coast of Portugal shortly before decel. Never on the ground at either airport. Only when airborne. I will send you a PM tomorrow with that plan.

Marcell Csendes
17 minutes ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

That’s very nice of you Marcell, thanks. In order to get as close as possible to my setup you would need to have Windows 10 up to date and an Nvidia 1080Ti with 382.05 drivers. Is that possible? And v1.41 of course.

I have a short flight from Manchester to Lisbon that I use. The CTD will either occur as I fly to the north of Anglesey (NW Wales) or off the coast of Portugal shortly before decel. Never on the ground at either airport. Only when airborne. I will send you a PM tomorrow with that plan.

Unfortunately, I sold my 1080Ti, and I have a GTX1050 now, however, I can roll back to those driver. 

Ray Proudfoot
14 minutes ago, Marcell Csendes said:

Unfortunately, I sold my 1080Ti, and I have a GTX1050 now, however, I can roll back to those driver. 

That’s okay. It’s the same 1000 series of card. Of course you have to ignore the message when installing Concorde that 376.33 drivers have to be used as they are not compatible with the 1000 series.

Ray Proudfoot
On 2/6/2020 at 10:05 AM, Kyprianos Biris said:

Kyp,

Can you attach a flight plan for a route that doesn’t cause you any problems please? I’d like to try something different.