download speed issues

Sinwoo Kim

I have a fiber internet connection. It's up to 1 Gbps.

The point is I'm downloading A320-X right at the moment and the download speed is so slow.

About 150KB per second-ish. Is this Early 2000s again or what?

Edit: Dropped to 70KB/s.. gosh darnit

Inkedzxc_LI.jpg

Norman Blackburn

Hi Sinwoo

I regularly (most days) download the 320X at between 3 and 5MB using a download manager.  Without it speeds are often less.

• 1 month later...
Eike Lendzian

Good evening, folks,

since yesterday evening i have the problem that i can download with a maximum of 30 kb/s.

Other downloads work without problems.

With 1. 2GB size of the file it´s very sad.

In general I am very very happy with the products. But that's sad.

Eike

Lefteris Kalamaras

We have opened a ticket with our ISP (Hetzner) about this - the problem is that they usually have amazing speeds (>10MB/sec on my 100mbit line, more if your ISP supports it) but sometimes, for only a few people, speeds go down to what you guys report. However, our ISP suggests that speeds are "fine" when they run tests - so we might actually need your help in reporting this issue.

We're keeping on top of this matter and we will not stop sending them further information, but we might actually use this topic here to help track it, as they claim that it can be the other end having issues - which I know it isn't - so we need to keep responding to them with more data from you.

Rest assured, we are actively tracking this.

Christian Amadeo Oliveira Araujo

I have a stable 150mbit download line and was getting not more than a few 100kb/sec. When using a download manager however (a free one) I was able to get up to 6-7 MB/sec. Maybe that helps for the time being. 

Lefteris Kalamaras
Just now, Christian Amadeo Oliveira Araujo said:

I have a stable 150mbit download line and was getting not more than a few 100kb/sec. When using a download manager however (a free one) I was able to get up to 6-7 MB/sec. Maybe that helps for the time being. 

We've always recommended a download manager. Can you give more details on what browser and download manager combination works for you?

1 hour ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

We've always recommended a download manager. Can you give more details on what browser and download manager combination works for you?

I was using Firefox browser which was quite slow. Adding the URL to the external (not browser related) download manager (Free Download Manager) got me much higher speeds. 

MalteBeiderwieden
7 hours ago, Christian Amadeo Oliveira Araujo said:

I was using Firefox browser which was quite slow. Adding the URL to the external (not browser related) download manager (Free Download Manager) got me much higher speeds. 

May i ask you where i can find the direct URL for the A320 Update? Have the same problem. Very slow internet connection.

Norman Blackburn

Hi @MalteB

Please change your forum name to be your real name thanks.

There is no direct link however if you are logged in to redownloads.flightsimlabs.com you can get a url for that session.

50 minutes ago, MalteB said:

May i ask you where i can find the direct URL for the A320 Update? Have the same problem. Very slow internet connection.

Well the way I do it is start the download in firefox and then in the firefox download window right-click on the download and select "copy download link". Then just paste it in the external download manager where it wants the URL.

MalteBeiderwieden
31 minutes ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi @MalteB

Please change your forum name to be your real name thanks.

I got the message that my real name is still in use? Honestly it´s very unlikely that sbdy in the world has the same name like me. Can you change it?

Norman Blackburn
4 minutes ago, MalteB said:

I got the message that my real name is still in use? Honestly it´s very unlikely that sbdy in the world has the same name like me. Can you change it?

You would be surprised.  There is a user with the same name and who has purchased products.  If you believe its you then drop us an email.  In the interim I will make your name without the space.

Lefteris Kalamaras

We have taken some steps to alleviate the slow download speeds. Can you guys tell us if https://redownload,flightsimlabs.com downloads are now faster?

Søren Dissing
5 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

We have taken some steps to alleviate the slow download speeds. Can you guys tell us if https://redownload,flightsimlabs.com downloads are now faster?

I just tested the A320-X and it took about 17 secs to download on a 500mbps connection. Seems fast enough!

• Like 1
M_ic_ha_e_l H_a_tu_t_i_an

I'm having problems downloading files as well. When I try to download a livery or soundpack from the files section it is literally downloading at 6 KB/s. I do have decently fast internet - roughly 100 MB/s. I am on a wireless connection but I've been downloading files from other websites/services without this issue. 

As a test I just downloaded the A319 from the redownload link and it was fine - took about 10 seconds!

Norman Blackburn
23 minutes ago, M_ic_ha_e_l H_a_tu_t_i_an said:

I'm having problems downloading files as well. When I try to download a livery or soundpack from the files section it is literally downloading at 6 KB/s

Those type of downloads are freely hosted here whereas the purchased products are the ones we have on a much faster, dedicated connection.

• Like 1
Marvin Toepfer

I had the problem you all describe as well. When I started the download again, it worked without issues. 

I'm using the Internet Explorer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Lefteris Kalamaras

Given that we released our product updates today, could I get a few comments as feedback on the update server download speeds?

Thanks in advance!

• Lefteris Kalamaras changed the title to download speed issues
Peter Hastings
31 minutes ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Given that we released our product updates today, could I get a few comments as feedback on the update server download speeds?

Thanks in advance!

No problem for me at all from the redownload page around 4 hours ago.  It took 3 or 4 minutes from start to finish to download all three installers.

The download site itself isn't even loading anymore.  Time for more ports I think.  I know it costs money though to add those.

Edit:  I was able to access it through fastrspring itself.  There is no download for the 321 though.

Murray Dreyer
On 11/15/2019 at 6:18 PM, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Sinwoo

I regularly (most days) download the 320X at between 3 and 5MB using a download manager.  Without it speeds are often less.

Hi Norman,

Rookie question maybe, but how do you use a download manager to download from the redownload link? I've tried 2 different managers and they don't recognize the address as its embedded. I too am having download speed / drop out issues trying to download this update.

Cheers.

Søren Dissing
7 hours ago, Lefteris Kalamaras said:

Thanks in advance!

I downloaded from the Redownload linked in your announcement (not via Fastspring) about 3 hours after the announcement. It was lightning fast, about 19 secs for the A320-X, blink of an eye for the 2 others.

Murray Dreyer
20 minutes ago, Søren Dissing said:

I downloaded from the Redownload linked in your announcement (not via Fastspring) about 3 hours after the announcement. It was lightning fast, about 19 secs for the A320-X, blink of an eye for the 2 others.

Maybe its a geo location issue. I'm in Australia connected via fiber to the house and am yet to successfully download this update without it dropping out. When it is connected I'm getting 60-70 KB/sec. I downloaded a file from Simmarket around the same time and got 3.2 MB/s. Time to move to Sweden obviously!

Christoph Sebek

All fine on my side. I am used to having not the fastest speeds as living in Austria, but the FSL downloads always have worked just fine, anytime I downloaded the files.

Søren Dissing
2 hours ago, Murray Dreyer said:

... Time to move to Sweden obviously!

Haha, check the general weather here before you start calling around to the removal companies ;-)

• Haha 1
peter kelberg
5 hours ago, Murray Dreyer said:

Maybe its a geo location issue. I'm in Australia connected via fiber to the house and am yet to successfully download this update without it dropping out. When it is connected I'm getting 60-70 KB/sec. I downloaded a file from Simmarket around the same time and got 3.2 MB/s. Time to move to Sweden obviously!

iam  from  melb  and  got nbn  to the  curb  and  have  no  issues  took  around  7  minutes  for  the  320, 319  and  321

• Like 1
Murray Dreyer
10 hours ago, Søren Dissing said:

Haha, check the general weather here before you start calling around to the removal companies ;-)

Not so great here at the moment either!

Murray Dreyer

Soooooo, after 4 days of trying to download these updates, today success! The cause was a faulty USB port. :rolleyes: Just happen to have coincided with my attempts to download the updates. Strange that other downloads seemed to work, but the fault is intermittent so I'm guessing it must be a faulty connection somewhere.

Cheers.

peter kelberg
42 minutes ago, Murray Dreyer said:

Soooooo, after 4 days of trying to download these updates, today success! The cause was a faulty USB port. :rolleyes: Just happen to have coincided with my attempts to download the updates. Strange that other downloads seemed to work, but the fault is intermittent so I'm guessing it must be a faulty connection somewhere.

Cheers.

Glad  you got it  sorted  maybe  your  issues  was  that  you been trying to update  for the past  4  days  when the update  was released  yesterday  :)

• Haha 1
  • 10 months later...
Blake Robinson

G'day all!

Anyone else unable to download the latest 5.0.1.126 update? 

I've had multiple failed attempts, without success. Slow sleep but drops out a few minutes into download.

Is there an alternate server one can use?

Cheers, Blake

Just now, Blake Robinson said:

G'day all!

I've had multiple failed attempts, without success. Slow sleep but drops out a few minutes into download.

Cheers, Blake

You could try with a downloadmanager.

Robert Sutherland
48 minutes ago, Blake Robinson said:

G'day all!

Cheers, Blake

I'd suggest trying to use a VPN if you have one. 

Also, you can still use the download links provided in the emails you've received, so if you have issues with the Redownload service, you can use the email link which should work too. 

Blake Robinson
16 hours ago, Robert Sutherland said:

I'd suggest trying to use a VPN if you have one. 

Also, you can still use the download links provided in the emails you've received, so if you have issues with the Redownload service, you can use the email link which should work too. 

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the advice, seems the download link in the email did the trick!

Cheers!

Robert Sutherland
4 hours ago, Blake Robinson said:

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the advice, seems the download link in the email did the trick!

Cheers!

Excellent! Glad that worked. 

• Thanks 1
Danny Krautwurst

It seems to be a provider problem. Unfortunately I have that too, I often have to wait and try again or use a VPN-Server that helps me. Sometimes it doesn't work at full speed, but sometimes it works. I have T-Online V-DSL_50.000 maybe because of overloaded backbones.