Throttle Recommendations

Adem Hull

G'day,

I've been really getting into flying the A320 recently, heck it's basically killed my interest in flying other companies airliners now. I'd love to get a proper A320 style throttle quadrant but I'm not sure what works for the FSL, especially with the detents.

I see throttletek has a pretty good desktop offering with the throttles (albeit no trim wheels) with flaps and spoiler levers and starters.

My goal ultimately is to build a full home cockpit for an A320 and with that in mind the skalarki throttle quadrant looks really nice. I'll have to make a bracket or support to hold it at the right pedestal height until I have the space for one but it's also an option.

Anyone got any comments or suggestions? I'm also interested in getting an accurate sidestick ultimately which again there seems to be a whole load of offerings but FSL is never mentioned in the compatability listing.

Norman Blackburn

A number of us are currently testing a number of Skalarki units including the TQ.  I've not seen anything else on the market come close.

{Please note that the driver specific for it is still in development but I know the last time I used it - about a month ago - it was very good.

That sounds promising. I know from browsing the skalarki website their products look pretty damn good. The throttle of course looks worth the cost in my opinion. I’m also quite tempted by the desktop FCU. I always figure physical hardware is always most beneficial for items you interact with frequently.

Norman Blackburn

Their website doesn’t begin to show how good the products really are.  I know that there are 3 of us on the team who recently bought the new desktop FCU along with MCDU RMP and a few other bits and pieces.  We were talking last night how its become our little addiction!  

That desktop FCU is exactly the one I was thinking of too! I can't really tell from the pictures but it looks like a solid unit, and I really like that it's got that housing so you can use it even without a full panel to sit it in.

Hi Adem, hi Norman,

I'm also highly considering equipping myself with Skalarki products, also starting with MCDU / FCU units. But I read in another thread that the necessary driver to interact with the FSLabs Airbus are not only not yet finished, but do not work at this time.

So just to be clear: If I buy a Skalarki product today, will I be able to connect that to the FSLabs Airbus in its current version or not?

I am like a cat on hot bricks regarding this topic, but always thought that it makes no sense at this time to start homecockpit building?

Regards, Nico

• Like 1
Norman Blackburn

Hi Nico,

I do not have the Skalarki TQ but I know a couple of the team do.  Whilst in Cosford we had the TQ running on the Sunday.

To connect between the two of course you need the relevant driver.  It is not yet publicly available as they are not yet complete and remain in testing , but as you can see they certainly work.

20191123_213451.jpg

• Like 5

Hi Norman,

thank you for your reply! I assume that we will get further information on that driver as soon as it is ready to be released, then. ^_^

Of course your little sneakpeak looks stunning! I can't wait to hear from you and your team again soon!

1 hour ago, Norman Blackburn said:

Hi Nico,

I do not have the Skalarki TQ but I know a couple of the team do.  Whilst in Cosford we had the TQ running on the Sunday.

To connect between the two of course you need the relevant driver.  It is not yet publicly available as they are not yet complete and remain in testing , but as you can see they certainly work.

20191123_213451.jpg

You are making me jealous with that setup.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

sorry to bother again, but I don't want to open a new topic just for that one related question:

I just rummaged a bit on the Skalarki website and found an odd statement: https://www.skalarki-electronics.eu/onlineshop/product/299-desktop-line-bundle-2.html

On all "desktop line"-items, it is stated that:

P&P unit assembled and tested, can work with any supported aircraft for [...] p3d ([...] Flight Sim Labs [...])

So how I understand this is that drivers already come with supportive drivers?

I'm a bit confused now and my bank account gets frightened....:lol:

Regards, Nico

• Like 1

Sounds good to me. I suppose still need to be patient. Knowing the shipping time for products from the other side of the planet to Australia though I could imagine the product arriving after the drivers for it are finalised!

Certainly keeping an eye on this.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello All

Sorry to open an old topic, will the driver be for the home cockpit version only or will it be rolled out to all current A/C ?

many thanks

David Reeves

On 11/14/2019 at 6:17 PM, Adem Hull said:

G'day,

I've been really getting into flying the A320 recently, heck it's basically killed my interest in flying other companies airliners now. I'd love to get a proper A320 style throttle quadrant but I'm not sure what works for the FSL, especially with the detents.

I see throttletek has a pretty good desktop offering with the throttles (albeit no trim wheels) with flaps and spoiler levers and starters.

My goal ultimately is to build a full home cockpit for an A320 and with that in mind the skalarki throttle quadrant looks really nice. I'll have to make a bracket or support to hold it at the right pedestal height until I have the space for one but it's also an option.

Anyone got any comments or suggestions? I'm also interested in getting an accurate sidestick ultimately which again there seems to be a whole load of offerings but FSL is never mentioned in the compatability listing.

A little late in seeing this, but I have the Throttletek v1(I guess there is a v2 out now).  I would not recommend it for the price.  It looks nice but they don't do the best job with the components they use and/or how they wire it.  I had to re-solder the wires on the parking brake because after about 2 weeks of use, the wires actually broke off the connectors on the parking brake itself because of the length and the parking brake wasn't secured strongly enough to the main board.