Robert Gaylord

Well I can’t make Concorde videos now

Robert Gaylord

If someone watches one of my favorite planes to make videos of and they ask where I can get this plane I’ll have to tell them they can’t have it’s impossible. Just sad. 

Marcell Csendes

I understand your point, but it's just pointless now to care, they will not act anyway. It's obvious they are focusing on A321-X now and likely then FS2020. We can give our respect to V3, V4 and forget them (not the last one, not yet at least) but the product itself will never come back, at least not on this platform, that's 100%. 

• Thanks 1

Robert Gaylord

I guess all I can look forward to now is just flight 747 classic for a retro airliner but that doesn't go mach 2.

Ray Proudfoot

There’s a lot of pessimism here. Just be patient and await an announcement from FSL about a 64-bit version for either MFS20 or P3D v5.

They want to produce a version but only one so until more is known about MFS20 they can’t make a decision.

But maybe PMDG’s announcement that they will be producing a version of their 737 for MFS20 means the conversion will not be as complex as first thought.

• Thanks 1

Robert Gaylord

I'm still mind blown how they were able to make such a spot on simulation of a plane that was retired in 2003. I just hope they don't forget how to make it by the time fs2020 comes and I hope people even remember the plane to want to buy it if they do make one for fs2020.

Fraser Gale
41 minutes ago, Robert Gaylord said:

I'm still mind blown how they were able to make such a spot on simulation of a plane that was retired in 2003. I just hope they don't forget how to make it by the time fs2020 comes and I hope people even remember the plane to want to buy it if they do make one for fs2020.

I think if enough of us stay "current" on the Concorde we have, there will be enough of us to pull them up on any innacuracies...

I for one have no plans to ditch P3dv3 or Concorde until a replacement or a problem crops up.  

Fraser Gale
1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

There’s a lot of pessimism here. Just be patient and await an announcement from FSL about a 64-bit version for either MFS20 or P3D v5.

They want to produce a version but only one so until more is known about MFS20 they can’t make a decision.

But maybe PMDG’s announcement that they will be producing a version of their 737 for MFS20 means the conversion will not be as complex as first thought.

I can forgive people for being pessimistic about this Ray - look back the threads to announcement day and just after, I think you might have been in the same category. The situation has uncanny parallels with real life - pilots/customers/engineers who want to keep the aircraft going, and a management who look at the books and think the opposite - I am not criticising anyone here by the way, not at FSLabs anyway, I am at BA and AF!!! Hahaha

Ray Proudfoot
14 minutes ago, Fraser Gale said:

I can forgive people for being pessimistic about this Ray - look back the threads to announcement day and just after, I think you might have been in the same category. The situation has uncanny parallels with real life - pilots/customers/engineers who want to keep the aircraft going, and a management who look at the books and think the opposite - I am not criticising anyone here by the way, not at FSLabs anyway, I am at BA and AF!!! Hahaha

Understood Fraser and yes, I was a very vocal critic of FSL at the time. But having spoken to Andrew at Cosford I’m convinced he wants to have a 64-bit Concorde. They just need the relevant info from Microsoft. I believe the Aeronautical info is due to be released in a couple of weeks so that should help the decision making process.

• Like 2

Marcell Csendes

Just let's hope all the panels will be working and animated now "So no 2D panels"