PMDG have stopped work on P3D

David Murden

Lefteris Kalamaras

Those of you following our forums for the past several years will already be aware that our policy is not to comment on other add-on developers and their choices.

We feel that it would be inappropriate to let our forum be a means for discussing such news and spreading rumors about their intents and purposes.

So let this be a kind and considerate warning to not let this thread deviate, as it sounds like it has the potential.

If it does, it will be locked.

Thanks for your understanding!

• Like 3
Jose Rodrigues

I'm not interested in MSFS. I invested a lot of money in Prepar3D and don't want to start over on another platform. For me, P3D is more than enough!

So I guess I'll save myself dozens of dollars with this PMDG decision.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Jose Rodrigues said:

I'm not interested in MSFS. I invested a lot of money in Prepar3D and don't want to start over on another platform. For me, P3D is more than enough!

So I guess I'll save myself dozens of dollars with this PMDG decision.

Ditto here.

Artur Araripe

They were just trolling y'all. Look at their store page. New 737 just released :P

Too bad it's a Boeing. I prefer Airbus :lol:

Riccardo Masia

The NG3 (If thats what it is called) will be MSFS only. This is the NGXu which looks very nice and P3Dv4 native, which I'll pick up later to expand my fleet a bit :)

Artur Araripe

Ohhh 

I see

Thought that this one was the long awaited new 737. 

So there's another one hmm

Will it still be grounded by the time Msfs 2020 is out? :P

Dmitrij Nazarenko

I will leave out my comments/opinion regarding NGXu/NG3, and only will mention that PMDG is probably working hard to make NG3 available at MSFS 2020 release or its whereabouts, so it's rather smart of them.

With that said, I hope FSLabs have something in plans for MSFS 2020 as well.

I have been a huge fan of 737 NG back in the day, and didn't like A320 much as an airplane. But ever since I bought your A320 a year ago I can't put it down! Your A320 along with Majestic Q400 are such phenomenal addons! And you constantly updating your product is an icing on the cake!

I really need FSLabs A320 in my life once MSFS 2020 drops.

• Like 2
Artur Araripe
Just now, Rick Pinto said:

Too bad it's not an Airbus? Of all places to say that here? Amazing ,really slates FSL

I didn't mean as in "PMDG would do it better" LOL I meant to say that I don't really care about Boeing so it doesn't really excite me.

2 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

I didn't mean as in "PMDG would do it better" LOL I meant to say that I don't really care about Boeing so it doesn't really excite me.

My apologies. I re-read and your real meaning then sank in.

Artur Araripe

It's alright. It's just that I love the FSL bus so much that there's no room in my heart for 737s, fancy or not. Ya know, the Boeing philosophy, the retro looks, it's just not as sexy as the european rival. It's like comparing an american Peterbilt to a Scania. It certainly lacks the visual appeal and looks rather old (and it is very old indeed). Not that the A320 isn't an old project as well, but it still looks modern to this very day. Funny how Boeing failed to make it look modern even with the MAX variant. They slapped some bigger screens in, but all the "barebones" metalish cockpit structure is still there and it screams 1960. I wish they'd do something like their 777 or 787. Then it would look pretty interesting. It truly needs a redesign. Boeing needs to finally take a step into modernity and leave the obscure 60s-70s design. It's time to let go. For the sake of our own eye candy.

I know I shouldn't care about stuff like that and focus on actually flying the plane but I can't help but judge cockpit layouts. And Airbus is by far the best I have seen so far, both aesthetically and functionally. They truly nailed it. And making it a standard across the family was the cherry on top. It's a very efficient way to reduce costs (training, maintenance, etc). It's like they knew what was coming after 2001. Airbus was ready for the aviation crysis while Boeing was not, and now it's paying off. Boeing is on a scandal streak while Airbus keeps collecting massive orders for their Neo variants.

It's probably the weirdest reason ever, I know. But I simply can't stand how it looks. It's like using an old IBM PC XT with PC-DOS for your daily computational tasks instead of an i7 with plenty of ram because "you are truly controlling your machine, there's no windows bs interfacing with the hardware. It's as raw as it could get". As in how Boeing people used to hate on Airbus FBW back in the day. Now it's a industry standard!

To each their own, right? I have chosen my favorite and I sure love it.

Btw, Boeing fans, I'm not saying Boeing is lame. I understand why some of you like it. It's just not for me. And that's what I meant with "too bad it's a Boeing".

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

It's alright. It's just that I love the FSL bus so much that there's no room in my heart for 737s, fancy or not. Ya know, the Boeing philosophy, the retro looks, it's just not as sexy as the european rival. It's like comparing an american Peterbilt to a Scania. It certainly lacks the visual appeal and looks rather old (and it is very old indeed). Not that the A320 isn't an old project as well, but it still looks modern to this very day. Funny how Boeing failed to make it look modern even with the MAX variant. They slapped some bigger screens in, but all the "barebones" metalish cockpit structure is still there and it screams 1960. I wish they'd do something like their 777 or 787. Then it would look pretty interesting. It truly needs a redesign. Boeing needs to finally take a step into modernity and leave the obscure 60s-70s design. It's time to let go. For the sake of our own eye candy.

I know I shouldn't care about stuff like that and focus on actually flying the plane but I can't help but judge cockpit layouts. And Airbus is by far the best I have seen so far, both aesthetically and functionally. They truly nailed it. And making it a standard across the family was the cherry on top. It's a very efficient way to reduce costs (training, maintenance, etc). It's like they knew what was coming after 2001. Airbus was ready for the aviation crysis while Boeing was not, and now it's paying off. Boeing is on a scandal streak while Airbus keeps collecting massive orders for their Neo variants.

It's probably the weirdest reason ever, I know. But I simply can't stand how it looks. It's like using an old IBM PC XT with PC-DOS for your daily computational tasks instead of an i7 with plenty of ram because "you are truly controlling your machine, there's no windows bs interfacing with the hardware. It's as raw as it could get". As in how Boeing people used to hate on Airbus FBW back in the day. Now it's a industry standard!

To each their own, right? I have chosen my favorite and I sure love it.

Btw, Boeing fans, I'm not saying Boeing is lame. I understand why some of you like it. It's just not for me. And that's what I meant with "too bad it's a Boeing".

if you change too much in an airplane you need a new type certification, hence new type ratings... 

• Like 2
Edgar Luis Predabon Jr

Wish FSLabs develop for MSFS 2020 as soon as it releases.

My favorite aircraft is the Airbus, and FSLabs ones are by far the best on the sim world and could not be better.

In my humble opinion, it's not only the best airbus, it's the best aircraft add-on in the sim world, it brought some features and realism never seen before.

I hoooope so much it releases for MSFS 2020, I can't imagine it's grafics combined with FSLabs aircraft... :rolleyes: :wub:

I'd buy it all over and over again if it would be necessary.

2 minutes ago, Edgar Luis Predabon Jr said:

Wish FSLabs develop for MSFS 2020 as soon as it releases.

My favorite aircraft is the Airbus, and FSLabs ones are by far the best on the sim world and could not be better.

In my humble opinion, it's not only the best airbus, it's the best aircraft add-on in the sim world, it brought some features and realism never seen before.

I hoooope so much it releases for MSFS 2020, I can't imagine it's grafics combined with FSLabs aircraft... :rolleyes: :wub:

I'd buy it all over and over again if it would be necessary.

the MSFS team seems to be in close contact with leading high quality developers... maybe we are lucky and FSL are already on board :D 

Artur Araripe
2 minutes ago, Marc Ehnle said:

if you change too much in an airplane you need a new type certification, hence new type ratings... 

That's why they should have done so 25 years ago. Now it's too late and they won't get any love from me :P

• Sad 1
Dmitrij Nazarenko
4 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

That's why they should have done so 25 years ago. Now it's too late and they won't get any love from me :P

25 years ago Boeing didn't expect Spanish Inquisition A320 NEO. As far as I understand they were working on replacement for 737, but then NEO happened and clients requested a re-engined option from Boeing as well. Fearing loosing market, they tried, but what happened is history now.

Artur Araripe
3 minutes ago, Marc Ehnle said:

the MSFS team seems to be in close contact with leading high quality developers... maybe we are lucky and FSL are already on board :D 

That's most likely the case. Microsoft said they are paying a lot of attention to the flight sim communities, which means they definitely know about FSL and how good it is and how important it would be for their platform to have it. It's only logical.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft wants to release their simulator with a good bunch of good addons available for purchase. They know very well that hardcore simmers can't stand default aircraft.

So yea, let's keep the hopes up!

Artur Araripe
1 minute ago, Dmitrij Nazarenko said:

25 years ago Boeing didn't expect Spanish Inquisition A320 NEO. As far as I understand they were working on replacement for 737, but then NEO happened and clients requested a re-engined option from Boeing as well. Fearing loosing market, they tried, but what happened is history now.

Spanish Inquisition LMAOOO

Brings back memories from the old Discord spam/meme

DE

SPA

NISH INQUISITION!

or sometimes just DES

PA

CITO

:D

Now back to the point, yea, that truly caught Boeing off-guard. And I bet that not even Airbus was expecting such a success. Heck, they even got orders for the A319Neo, which was considered DoA because of the A220. Can't wait to see them yellow bananas flying (Spirit) :P

Sad story for Boeing, not so much for Airbus ;)

Dmitrij Nazarenko
15 minutes ago, Artur Araripe said:

Spanish Inquisition LMAOOO

Brings back memories from the old Discord spam/meme

DE

SPA

NISH INQUISITION!

or sometimes just DES

PA

CITO

:D

Now back to the point, yea, that truly caught Boeing off-guard. And I bet that not even Airbus was expecting such a success. Heck, they even got orders for the A319Neo, which was considered DoA because of the A220. Can't wait to see them yellow bananas flying (Spirit) :P

Sad story for Boeing, not so much for Airbus ;)

A319 NEO makes a lot of sense for airlines who already operate the type, be it CEO or NEO. Training, support, supply, etc. is already established and functions (mostly) like clockwork. This is why A320 and B737 are still very popular, and other jets might find it hard to break into already established market.

Anyway, we already received confirmation that A321 will be released for P3D as planned, but I also hope FSLabs would share some info regarding how they see their future with MSFS 2020, if of course they have something to share :)

• Like 1
23 hours ago, koen meier said:

What about the sharks?

Yep. A320/321 sharklets with full S7 (or even S8) FMGS standard, then the possibility to configure the DDRMI away, CPDLC and finally a performance calculator for all airframe/engine combinations.

dreaming ....

• Like 1

I continue with P3D as long as necessary, thanks to them we can have a 64BITS simulator because more than 20 years ago we were forgotten by Microsoft, I do not trust them.